Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 430. (Read 2375636 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
I am developer with +10 years experience.
I know that at least first and last step easy to realize.
I am developer with +20 years experience.
I know that nothing can`t be realised easily without bugs Smiley
I am developer with +30 years experience.
I know you can't solve the problem without knowing what caused it.

I am developer with +40 years experience.
I can devide by 0!)
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
I am developer with +30 years experience.
I know you can't solve the problem without knowing what caused it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
Is 104.128.225.215 still considered the main peer with the main chain? The peer at https://poolinfo.systms.org/ is already on a different lagging chain.
Activity: 173
Merit: 151
Please just update the core and the problems will go away, Peercoin solved this.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

I will try to detail my suggestions
Example implementation of FIRST step, not final just one of possible variants:
Our developer link to all 8 pools operators (may be we have more?) we see on https://poolinfo.systms.org/#magi + bittrex exchange
Those pools must significant increase maxconnections parametr (1000-5000) in daemons to accept all new connections
Also those pools must provide connection information (ip, ports)
Then
1. Hard code non-drop connections to those pools to new version of wallet
2. Add condition by default that blocks only from those pools are true
3. This condition must be off in pools daemons
PROFIT) We have stable chain

General steps to improve stability of MAGI chain:
1. Hardcode main pools in client (need list) to be guarantors of the chain, not forever. For example, we have 10 pools in list, if 7 of 10 accepted block, that block true.
2. Try to find out vector of attack (pow or pos) and develop a protection system.
3. Test protection system several times with emulation of attack
4. Remove hardcoded pools.

Please vote for my plan:
https://twitter.com/moiseev_aa/status/899972940887994369
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
as far as i know the roll over is not meant to solve the current forking problem.

It is suggested to roll over to make it fair for everyone who lost coins once the fix is out. But for those who continued to mine after the split thats the problem. Although i understand the magi teams recommendation. There are more coins lost from the actual sending of coins lost to the forks than mining. It would be easier to compensate this lost coins from mining than sending.

The other problem are the coins in exchanges. I bet my bottom dollar than anyone who has balance in exchanges would unload this coins as they would technically get 2x coins since they will get the coins back in their wallet anyway.

3rd for those who actually used magi to purchase things or traded it to someone that would also be bad. Merchants would lose the coins and sellers would get 2x the coins.

Ud rather suggest that from the time Joe made the announcement whatever block that is roll back there when the fix is out. He asked everyone to stop mining so if you do continue its already not the Magi teams fault. Also ask all your partners to lock their wallets for the time being inlcuding merchants exchanges and pools.
yeah do a roll back and we will get a MagiClassic coin
pls don´t be  ethereum
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ud rather suggest that from the time Joe made the announcement whatever block that is roll back there when the fix is out. He asked everyone to stop mining so if you do continue its already not the Magi teams fault. Also ask all your partners to lock their wallets for the time being inlcuding merchants exchanges and pools.

Why lock the wallets?
Activity: 343
Merit: 102
as far as i know the roll over is not meant to solve the current forking problem.

It is suggested to roll over to make it fair for everyone who lost coins once the fix is out. But for those who continued to mine after the split thats the problem. Although i understand the magi teams recommendation. There are more coins lost from the actual sending of coins lost to the forks than mining. It would be easier to compensate this lost coins from mining than sending.

The other problem are the coins in exchanges. I bet my bottom dollar than anyone who has balance in exchanges would unload this coins as they would technically get 2x coins since they will get the coins back in their wallet anyway.

3rd for those who actually used magi to purchase things or traded it to someone that would also be bad. Merchants would lose the coins and sellers would get 2x the coins.

Activity: 15
1. Hardcode main pools in client (need list) to be guarantors of the chain, not forever. For example, we have 10 pools in list, if 7 of 10 accepted block, that block true.
2. Try to find out vector of attack (pow or pos) and develop a protection system.

Please vote for my plan:

If you're not a developer than what's purport to vote or not?
Can you implement your "plan"?
Seems you just rend the air.

If so, I'm sorry for my words.
Please give me the link to coin that you've launch

My developer work not linked with crypto coins.

I thought exactly so
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

Please vote for my plan:
If Joe says its feasible and makes sense from a dev perspective - then it gets my vote too. If we are lucky this may even work without a rollback so long as there is still a main chain running.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
is the wallet synching? mine is stuck at 1449286 (both version 4.11 and 4.2) with 14 active connections
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
.... so? .. this currency really is interesting and is very important to rookie miners, and, in this moment when the GPUs are expensive, the cpu mining is a greate oportunity for new  miner... don't permit that magi died..

Magi will never die! No worries. Despite the issue Magi has awesome & active team and community! So Magi will see better times!

Indeed, I've seen bigger and smaller issues with other coins and the cryptoworld, and so far in my experience a community has never rallied around an issue is such a constructive and positive way as in Magi =)

Please vote for my plan:

My developer work not linked with crypto coins.

Please vote for my plan:

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
is it possible to solo mine? Can anyone please post how to solo mine?

is in post in this forum.

If you interested to solo mining, please continue reading.

9) Compile and run Magi wallet
Code:
cd
git clone https://github.com/magi-project/magi
cd magi/src
make -f makefile.unix
Create a conf file which should be in the folder: ~/.magi (magi is the user we created)
(magi.conf is not necessary, unless you will sole mine; use more complicated pass as you like)
Code:
cd ~/.magi
emacs magi.conf
emacs is text edit tool, use any you like. save the following content:
daemon=1
server=1
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass

Code:
cd ~/magi/src
./magid &
The last command runs the daemon.

10) Solo mining
Code:
./minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user rpcuser --pass rpcpass --threads
8232 is rpcport, rpcuser and rpcpass are user and password you set in magi.conf
set to a number, matching with the threads of your needs.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
is it possible to solo mine? Can anyone please post how to solo mine?

Please vote for my plan:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
.... so? .. this currency really is interesting and is very important to rookie miners, and, in this moment when the GPUs are expensive, the cpu mining is a greate oportunity for new  miner... don't permit that magi died..

Magi will never die! No worries. Despite the issue Magi has awesome & active team and community! So Magi will see better times!

Please vote for my plan:

Jump to: