Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private - page 39. (Read 45784 times)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
I'm surprised by the trolls creating new accounts trying to FUD this. Why are you so obsessed?

well apart from the new accounts, you cannot deny that the xmr side has some pretty strong arguments about this and the other side responds by calling them fudders instead of actually at least try to answer...

i dunno, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you know how it goes...

You must have looked right over my post.

Crypto forks are a fact of life.  If Monero cannot survive a fork without endangering the exposure of its users, then it needs to be redesigned.  That is not calling anybody a "fudder."
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
I'm surprised by the trolls creating new accounts trying to FUD this. Why are you so obsessed?

well apart from the new accounts, you cannot deny that the xmr side has some pretty strong arguments about this and the other side responds by calling them fudders instead of actually at least try to answer...

i dunno, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you know how it goes...
Activity: 147
Merit: 0
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
what algo will this use?

No, sorry, but in my mind, if a valid method exists that exposes vulnerabilities in a system, in this case, Monero via a fork - using standard fork methodologies, then it MUST be followed for the development of the future.  If that means that all are exposed in the past, too bad.  Those who put their TRUST in such a system are fools because they didn't see this coming.  It is more important to accept that this may be a problem for de-anonymizing Monero and plan for the future accordingly.

Implying that one must oppose on moral grounds is antithetical.

One of the best comments I've read in a long time.
Dumbing it down for people, it's just FUD from the community trying to avoid competition.
Activity: 94
What do you all think of this?

This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf
Scary! After reading this makes me doubtful the security of this fork.  Undecided
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf

For me, the key part of the linked article is: "...but MoneroV operators might obtain a significant amount of knowledge about the contents of the Monero blockchain through users giving MoneroV their private keys."

So, what I guess the author of the post is saying is that we have a MORAL responsibility to NOT help (those factions of the US - as implied above by owlcatz.  Where do you find anything about the US?) who are trying to break the anonymity of Monero and that outweighs the making of some (potential) free money.

And, by logical extension, that outweighs whatever IMMORAL activities may have been paid for with Monero.

Kind of reminds me of the old comedic line, "I got mine, now you get yours."

No, sorry, but in my mind, if a valid method exists that exposes vulnerabilities in a system, in this case, Monero via a fork - using standard fork methodologies, then it MUST be followed for the development of the future.  If that means that all are exposed in the past, too bad.  Those who put their TRUST in such a system are fools because they didn't see this coming.  It is more important to accept that this may be a problem for de-anonymizing Monero and plan for the future accordingly.

Implying that one must oppose on moral grounds is antithetical.
You clearly don't seem like the patient type. He replied you with more answers but you already 'burst' with cursing. By the way, naming ppl 'retards' ain't cool.
Besides, there is no wallet available so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Here's the answer he pointed out to you -

"The Monero and MoneroV private keys, and by extension the XMR & XMV coins of holders, are completely safe as long as the official MoneroV wallet is being used to claim the MoneroV coins. The wallet’s source code and all other dependencies will be published and open sourced before it is released in its downloadable form."
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just

LOL. I saw you calling an admin a retard just now. Also bombarded with questions they were trying to answer and gave you a full faq page.
Guess they are getting used to it already. 2.2k+ members.

I asked a simple question, he gave me a retarded answer that did not make sense, so I simply asked him if he was retarded?  "Can't release source until fork because of dependencies" is really an answer from a Admin? And the wallet is already released? .... The number of silly money grubbing fools kills me sometimes....  Don't bother doing any research, it's all about the "profitz" ofc... Roll Eyes
I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just

LOL. I saw you calling an admin a retard just now. Also bombarded with questions they were trying to answer and gave you a full faq page.
Guess they are getting used to it already. 2.2k+ members.
legendary
Who exactly are the devs of this project? Is the source really closed? I'm not here to Fud, these are real questions. Huh
Funny.. I asked the same exact questions on Telegram and I got kicked. Red flags people, lots of them....  Roll Eyes
I also think whoever came up with this coin name is a fucking retard.
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I didn't mean YOU were spreading FUD. I meant the Medium post was spreading FUD.

There are anonymous Dev's in Bitcoin. As long as there is a lot of peer review of the code, being anonymous isn't a problem.

The Closed Source aspect is a problem. At some point, they'll have to switch to Open Source. There are coins that started off Closed and switched to Open later.

I'd say it's worse than that - You should not be kicked & banned from a telegram channel for just asking basic questions.  I was told they could not release the source until after the fork due to "dependencies"  .... I call bullshit on that. The wallet is out, right? Where is the source for it?  I wasn't even being an asshole. Anyhow, I think this project is just some kind of scam, so I'll be watching it closely. As for all my XMRV, if I even claim them I will just dump them as shit coins. Roll Eyes

Edit: At least this thread is not moderated, that's about the only sign I see of this NOT being scammy so far.  Tongue
Activity: 46
Who exactly are the devs of this project? Is the source really closed? I'm not here to Fud, these are real questions. Huh
Funny.. I asked the same exact questions on Telegram and I got kicked. Red flags people, lots of them....  Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I didn't mean YOU were spreading FUD. I meant the Medium post was spreading FUD.

There are anonymous Dev's in Bitcoin. As long as there is a lot of peer review of the code, being anonymous isn't a problem.

The Closed Source aspect is a problem. At some point, they'll have to switch to Open Source. There are coins that started off Closed and switched to Open later.
legendary

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
LOL if it's the NSA plan i'm bullish tbh - long term hold.
But, it's not the case imho, still will hold.

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.

That's not what I was talking about, I know that thank you. I was talking about the part of the US gov't trying to de-anon the currency?

Thanks
Oh... OK...
The "large amount of private keys allows the recipient of those keys to deconstruct large portions of the XMR chain." part of this post is above my pay grade, but it sounds like total BS to me.

First of all..... How are "large portions" of XMR going to be sent to a single recipient??? I'm going to move my XMR from my old wallet to a new wallet, and I can only assume most people would do the same. There's one thing for sure, "large portions" of people aren't going to send their XMR to a single recipient!!! This makes NO sense.... They would be giving away their XMR.

I guess, maybe, a large number of people might send their XMR to their favorite exchange, claim their XMV from their old wallet, then withdrawal their XMR to a new wallet... But this would spread out the deposits to MANY exchanges, not a single recipient.

Yep.... Sounds like orchestrated FUD to me.
legendary

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.

That's not what I was talking about, I know that thank you. I was talking about the part of the US gov't trying to de-anon the currency?

Thanks
Activity: 42
This fork is going to send the cost of XMR to heavens!

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: