Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private - page 40. (Read 45784 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 0
By the way, in addition to the recent runs of xmr in charts, a lot more mainstream media talking about the fork!

https://www.investopedia.com/news/monero-tops-350-ahead-fork/

This rise is great for monerov (and monero  Grin ) !
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
How can I get an amount of Monero or new MoneroV without having large sums of money to invest?

Ah, the question of the ages.   Cheesy
Activity: 9
How can I get an amount of Monero or new MoneroV without having large sums of money to invest?
Many new accounts here are defending monero for some reason.
At last we are seeing a fork that actually moves the needle with regards to improving the forked coin.
Activity: 64
Merit: 5
How does a dynamic block size work without tail emission? (spoiler: it doesn't)

I won't even bother to claim my MoneroV.

Exactly!!..

As for XMV whitepaper its just a copy of cryptonote.org.. XMV has simply proposed a couple of changes to the XMR parameters.
Regarding their cap on supply is a technicality, something of which can easily be addressed with future XMR core changes, if consensus is there!
IMHO, all these forks starting with BTG has done nothing beneficial for the crypto ecosystem but dilute the original forked projects AND to confuse potential investors..
As was once said to me. Take a shit or get off the pottie! Another words.. do something new/radical/on the bleeding edge or not at all.. Dont fuck with something good. 

From what I have seen/read thus far there is nothing radically different about this project!

Heres Monero (XMR) Technical Specs [https://getmonero.org/technical-specs/] Vs MoneroV (XMV) "Proposed" Tech Specs.  Spot the difference.?

XMV:- Total Supply - Capped at 256 Million XMV (Of which about ~5.85% in a coinbase transaction for active development).
XMR:- Total Supply - Uncapped - infinite - then, tail curve: 0.6 XMR per 2-minute block, kicks in once main emission is done, translates to <1% inflation decreasing over time!!
XMR:- Community driven Bounty award fund.! Development - Ongoing/Active..!

XMV:- Proof of Work - CryptoNight (to be modified)
XMR:- Proof of Work - CryptoNight (may change in the future)

XMV:- Difficulty Retarget - Every block. Adjusted difficulty initially after the split.
XMR:- Difficulty retarget: Every block - based on the last 720 blocks, excluding 20% of the timestamp outliers

XMV:- Block Time - Every 2 minutes.  (Same as XMR)
XMR:- Every 2 minutes.  (Same as XMR)may change in the future as long as emission curve is preserved

XMV:- Block Reward - Smooth decrease. Minimum of 6 XMV per block at 184,467,440 XMV in total emission until 256M max supply reach.
XMR:- may change in the future as long as emission curve is preserved -  tail curve: 0.6 XMR per 2-minute block, kicks in once main emission is done, translates to <1% inflation decreasing over time!!

XMV:- Block Size - Dynamic.
XMR:- Block Size - Dynamic, maximum of 2 * M100

XMV:- Privacy - Ring signature / stealth addresses.
XMR:- Sender privacy - Ring signatures | Recipient privacy - Stealth addresses | Amount obfuscation - Ring confidential transactions (Mixer)

XMR > XMV swap will be trackable/Traceable. Read for insight - [https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/]

The general thinking & words from around the campfire is as follows:- Free XMV coins to dump and buy other alts.. BUT what do I know Wink
i wonder what will be moneroV price
it future will probably be like bitcoinggold

I guess you cannot really know, but why bitcoin gold?
Activity: 41
i wonder what will be moneroV price
it future will probably be like bitcoinggold
so no binance won't recognize  fork and issue me xmv?

They sid they do not have any official announcements yet.
Activity: 41
xmr is perfect coin.. i hope this xmv will pump it a little Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
so no binance won't recognize  fork and issue me xmv?
I'm also waiting for official exchange announcement. XMR is booming right now.
Exchanges should support this as they see it's actually moving the thread.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
I hold XMR in a binance account, will I still receive xmv?

I don't think many exchanges will support this fork. To be honest, it is not advisable to store large amount of crypto on exchanges
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
I hold XMR in a binance account, will I still receive xmv?
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Is there any bounty? Is it possible to mine a coin? ? And will there be official mining pool?

Yes there are bounties you can join the official telegram https://t.me/joinchat/H4TZNQ98QfDGejxJY0CvhQ and ask from the admins in the group.. you will be able to mine xmv coins some few days after fork on the 14th of march.
There will be an XMV official pool and minergate pool is will also be joining..
Enjoy!!
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Is there any bounty? Is it possible to mine a coin? ? And will there be official mining pool?
copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 31
How does a dynamic block size work without tail emission? (spoiler: it doesn't)

I won't even bother to claim my MoneroV.
Activity: 210
when we see wallet and official mining pool?
Activity: 16
Question: so I have a Monero GUI wallet, can I make another address to get these coins with using the same installation of the GUI? Or do I have to do another one and re sync the whole blockchain to get another wallet.  Thanks!
Activity: 20
i think best earning moment.
b'coz join the monerov and part of monero.
so all frnds join form and social network and
earn monerov.
this token next future big coin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Im the very decease you pretend to be
I say lets fork everything.
Money as open source project is a big idea. I think biggest one since invention of money.
To be able to fork project you want to improve is a  huge driving force that will make source project more secure and better tested .Thats what open source is good for.
Ultimately it will be better for technology.
Syncing monero blocks is bloody slow, got to talk to my provider.
Pages:
Jump to: