Author

Topic: [ANN] Zclassic, Zcash Fork No Premine, No 20% Founders Tax - page 191. (Read 339512 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
You made my day Ekonom, I couldn't agree more with your view on ZCL.

It just lacks visibility at the moment, but it won't be long before people realize that it's much better than ZEC.
Not even talking about the current valuation...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
ZCL is great, it's only problem is that it's flying under the radar...

I put up a list of why I think it will succeed:

- Anonymous transactions are needed by everyone and not only for people "who have something to hide" like Dark markets. Private transactions are a necessity in business. It's also the basis of fungibility. But at the moment, Bitcoin is not anonymous. We don't know when/if it will be upgraded with privacy features.
- There is only 2 serious technology offering anonymous transaction right now Monero and Zcash.
- Zcash technology is better than Monero:

• Zcash is close to Bitcoin in design and therefore can benefit from the developpment network effect unlike Monero where everything needs to be developped from scratch for it. Zcash also has the exact same model of issuance as Bitcoin, 21m coins, same rate of mining.
  • Zcash has opt-in anonymous transactions where Monero is anonymous by default. This means that with Zcash you can either do transparent regular blockchain transactions or cloaked anonymous transactions. This offers 2 advantages, first transparent transactions are useful for different type of usecases. And second it doesn't raise as much redflags from governments while offering the same privacy.
  • On the technical side, Zcash transactions are considered theoretically more perfectly anonymous and Zcash has better scalability than Monero.

- But Zcash suffers from a fatal flaw, it's the product of a US corporation and they made the mind-boggling decision to add tax of 20% on every block mined (until half of the total coins are mined).

• Corporate coins add general uncertainty such as centralisation pressure and legal targets.
  • The 20% tax is not acceptable and destroys the foundation of what is supposed to be a worlwide currency. This will put a ceiling on Zcash potential as money. Cryptocurrencies are meant to free people and enable worldwide unfettered commerce not bring us back to Middle Age seignorage !

=> Zclassic is a fork of Zcash that simply removed the mining tax, it was released just a few days after Zcash and is what Zcash should have been.
Activity: 564
Merit: 516
ZCL is better than ZEC..

but still thats not good enough

it still sux and is broken just like ZEC
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
ZCL is better than ZEC..

but still thats not good enough
Activity: 420
This coin is undervalued.. and I think whales are accumulating..  Smiley

I would say as with all crypto...do not risk what you can afford to lose.
These are volatile investments, but history has proven that in the long run,
they do go up in value. Even if it takes 3-5 years.

Honestly, I am wondering if ZCL can grow where BTC can't. Will ZCL ever get stuff like LN for example
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
This coin is undervalued.. and I think whales are accumulating..  Smiley

I would say as with all crypto...do not risk what you can afford to lose.
These are volatile investments, but history has proven that in the long run,
they do go up in value. Even if it takes 3-5 years.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
This coin is undervalued.. and I think whales are accumulating..  Smiley
Would someone be so kind to recommend the "best" exchange to trade ZCL? I mining ZCL and at some point I have to pay the electric bill, so although I'm hodl, I do need to exchange some of it Smiley I appreciate your help! Thanks!

P.S. Wish ShapeShift supported ZCL Sad

Should mine a mix of ZCL and ZEC

Hold the ZCL and sell the ZEC to pay off electric
This coin has a lot going for it; The original body of work and standing of participants, the most documented, transparant and trustworthy start and the pace and quality of post-fork development.
The only thing that sucks IMHO is the name. The name needs to change!

It has been discussed before, in a distant future it might happen, but its not a priority atm.

This is one of the things I am most curious about far as long term potential, doesn't need to happen too fast but don't put it off too long either

A question of my own, may have been asked in one of the many pages. Do the devs have any plans to update ZCL in directions different from what ZEC may do or are the two coins basically just on a race to do the same things and only differ over the emissions curve and dev fee?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Looking for the next huuuge uptrend on ZCash!!! It's been quiet since a month and really stable..

So where would one start if the wanted to do some dev work. Err, I should say learn how to do.. dev work?

Join our rocketchat.zdeveloper.org and become part of the community.
Activity: 60
Looking for the next huuuge uptrend on ZCash!!! It's been quiet since a month and really stable..

So where would one start if the wanted to do some dev work. Err, I should say learn how to do.. dev work?
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
good work guys!

continue like that!
Activity: 5
A version of the ZClassic Windows GUI wallet is also maintained by the developer of the original ZCash GUI wallet project:

http://i.imgsafe.org/636e5efef4.png

The full documentation on how to set it up and run it on Windows may be found on the project GitHub page:
https://github.com/vaklinov/zclassic-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/Readme-Windows.md
Activity: 248
One World
Activity: 87
ZCL  , is looking to expand its Dev Team, also we are in the discussion of reviving BitWasp project. Lots of work needed to fix the security issues & bugs and add support to ZCL.

Just a mere thought for now.
Activity: 19
Just want to share great Zclassic docs. I think everyone new in Zclassic or involved should read. May be outdated I really like them Wink

Zclassic Manifesto http://docdro.id/glhMRDm
Zclassic Investment Thesis http://docdro.id/zvoW8hO
Zclassic Risk / Reward http://docdro.id/PanUoAF
This coin has a lot going for it; The original body of work and standing of participants, the most documented, transparant and trustworthy start and the pace and quality of post-fork development.

It has been discussed before, in a distant future it might happen, but its not a priority atm.

That's great! I'm a patient guy.  Grin Are you on the dev team? If so, that's good enough for me and I'll climb on board!

I'm independent dev Wink this is comunity coin. There is no central dev team and this is good. Everyone can join.  Join our rocket chat https://rocketchat.zdeveloper.org/
Activity: 87

That's great! I'm a patient guy.  Grin Are you on the dev team? If so, that's good enough for me and I'll climb on board!

I could say i'm part of the dev team  as any member that show's willingness to be pro-active and  helps  in the project, but yes on a distant future name has to go and we all aware of that.  My personal opinion on this, and speaking on my behalf,  Zero Knowledge technology is bigger than ZClassic & ZCash or any other coin. People should regain the choice , to be totally anonymous in a world that's  heading in the opposite direction.

With that said, i believe if you tax a crypto currency,  you'r no better than a central bank or a federal reserve i will leave it like that.

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

That's great! I'm a patient guy.  Grin Are you on the dev team? If so, that's good enough for me and I'll climb on board!
Hi

The new windows wallet is not working for me: http://prntscr.com/e3bu2h
It requires some Zcaash daemon. What is it and how to start it ?

Please submit issue in https://github.com/z-classic/zclassic/issues

You can try do use alternative Windows Native client:
https://github.com/fxminer/zclassic-windows-wallet/releases

First start "ZClassic Server" from desktop and then you can run "ZClassic Windows Wallet"

Let us know if everything is working fine.
Jump to: