Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 104. (Read 663229 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
have you guys noticed that 110,000 mhs of 130,000 mhs is on miningpoolhub?:DD i remember there were rumors a few months ago about a new pool by devs and there all mining power is still on a single pool

its always been like that for zcoin Sad
im not sure if people just like the quick blocks, or the autoexchange, but 80% of hash is usually there :/
that should change when MTP comes tho, as i think alot of the hash is bot cpus
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
have you guys noticed that 110,000 mhs of 130,000 mhs is on miningpoolhub?:DD i remember there were rumors a few months ago about a new pool by devs and there all mining power is still on a single pool
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I look at that chart and see much ore potential. I honestly believe that Zcoins tech is actually far superior than alot of Anonymous coins. In tests t definatly out paces even DASH. And alot of people have a misunderstanding that Zcoin is a fork of Zcash, it is NOT a fork of Zcash at all. It is all by itself a new Blockchain, with far superior technology. It;s just all the marketing on the other anon coins that divert the attention. I predict Zcoin reachng 3 digit prices in he first or second quarter of next year. Perhaps sooner.
Activity: 10
Congratulations!
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
Znodes Release, upcoming Hard Fork and What you need to know

We are very happy to release Zcoin v0.13.4.1 which includes the Znodes release. A hard fork will happen on block 66550 and Znode payouts will begin on block 66700.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in the testnet to help us find bugs with special shoutouts to Pickle Rick, caretaker, Nicholas, kp and Yura along with countless others who contributed their time.

We have noticed some confusion as to what this upgrade entails so hopefully we can shed some light on this:

What is a hard fork? Am I getting free coins?
Thanks to the many Bitcoin 'hard forks', there's been a lot of confusion what the meaning of hard fork truly means. A hard fork simply means that an upgrade is compulsory and that everyone has to upgrade to the new version before the hard fork block (approximately 23 December). Those that choose to remain on the old version will no longer be able to sync with the new clients and should there be any miners continuing to mine on the old version, they will form their own version of the blockchain. In most cases, the older blockchain has no value especially when it is a non contentious hard fork and it is merely to facilitate an upgrade. Only in hard forks which are contentious, when the fork is done as a result of idealogical differences and garners significant support, would there be two well maintained versions of the blockchain. Zcoin's fork on the other hand has garnered wide community support and indeed a planned upgrade in accordance with our roadmap. As such, the short answer is no, you will not be getting free coins.

What do I need to do?
Before updating, it is always good practice to do a wallet backup by going to File > Backup Wallet. Regardless of whether you're hosting a Znode or not, everyone must make sure you update your wallet to Zcoin v0.13.4.1 before the hard fork date. You will be prompted for a one time reindex. Reindex takes a while though it has been optimized to take advantage of multi core processors so should be a lot quicker than previous versions. Once you are updated, when the hard fork rolls over, you should not notice any interruptions.

If you are hosting a Znode, you can refer to this Znode setup guide. We will be posting a video guide soon!

Should I start my Znode now?
We do recommend starting your Znodes as soon as you can. Although you won't be receiving payouts until block 66700, having it active on the blockchain would place it on the Znode list ready to be queued so that there will be as little delay as possible. Setup of a Znode takes about 15 minutes and maybe an hour or more before everything is stabilized and other Znodes see you. We do recommend updating as soon as you can which would also ensure a smooth transition during hard fork. Other than that, there is no inherent benefit of starting your Znode early.

This is all too technical, I just want someone to manage my nodes for me!
Although we do recommend that people host their own nodes there are many upcoming Znode providers that will be able to host this for you for a fee.

We do not endorse any particular provider though there is very little trust involved. The only thing you would need to give is your znode key (generated using znode genkey) and your txid and index (obtained using znode outputs). If anyone asks you for you to dumpprivkey or to send funds to them, please do not believe them.

We are compiling a list of providers and will be publishing it soon. Please contact me at [email protected] should you wish for your service to be listed along with your name, URL, e-mail and pricing.

Where do I go should I need help?
The best place to go is our Discord and ask either in #znode or #support.

There's also some commonly asked questions in our FAQ.

What else is new?
  • Mandatory update from all previous versions. Hard fork at block 66550 so update has to be done before then.
  • Znode enabled and Founder's reward reduction at block 66700
  • Simple Znode GUI
  • Optimizations to improve reindex/sync speed on multiple core systems
  • Zerocoin mints now are spendable at 6 confirmations, previously 7 confirmations.

zcoin.io/znodes-release-upcoming-hard-fork-need-know/

you do an exceptional job. Congratulations! Cool
Activity: 199

We are very happy to release Zcoin v0.13.4.1 which includes the Znodes release. A hard fork will happen on block 66550 and Znode payouts will begin on block 66700.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in the testnet to help us find bugs with special shoutouts to Pickle Rick, caretaker, Nicholas, kp and Yura along with countless others who contributed their time.

We have noticed some confusion as to what this upgrade entails so hopefully we can shed some light on this:

Thanks to the many Bitcoin 'hard forks', there's been a lot of confusion what the meaning of hard fork truly means. A hard fork simply means that an upgrade is compulsory and that everyone has to upgrade to the new version before the hard fork block (approximately 23 December). Those that choose to remain on the old version will no longer be able to sync with the new clients and should there be any miners continuing to mine on the old version, they will form their own version of the blockchain. In most cases, the older blockchain has no value especially when it is a non contentious hard fork and it is merely to facilitate an upgrade. Only in hard forks which are contentious, when the fork is done as a result of idealogical differences and garners significant support, would there be two well maintained versions of the blockchain. Zcoin's fork on the other hand has garnered wide community support and indeed a planned upgrade in accordance with our roadmap. As such, the short answer is no, you will not be getting free coins.

What do I need to do?
Before updating, it is always good practice to do a wallet backup by going to File > Backup Wallet. Regardless of whether you're hosting a Znode or not, everyone must make sure you update your wallet to Zcoin v0.13.4.1 before the hard fork date. You will be prompted for a one time reindex. Reindex takes a while though it has been optimized to take advantage of multi core processors so should be a lot quicker than previous versions. Once you are updated, when the hard fork rolls over, you should not notice any interruptions.

If you are hosting a Znode, you can refer to this Znode setup guide. We will be posting a video guide soon!

We do recommend starting your Znodes as soon as you can. Although you won't be receiving payouts until block 66700, having it active on the blockchain would place it on the Znode list ready to be queued so that there will be as little delay as possible. Setup of a Znode takes about 15 minutes and maybe an hour or more before everything is stabilized and other Znodes see you. We do recommend updating as soon as you can which would also ensure a smooth transition during hard fork. Other than that, there is no inherent benefit of starting your Znode early.

Although we do recommend that people host their own nodes there are many upcoming Znode providers that will be able to host this for you for a fee.

We do not endorse any particular provider though there is very little trust involved. The only thing you would need to give is your znode key (generated using znode genkey) and your txid and index (obtained using znode outputs). If anyone asks you for you to dumpprivkey or to send funds to them, please do not believe them.

We are compiling a list of providers and will be publishing it soon. Please contact me at [email protected] should you wish for your service to be listed along with your name, URL, e-mail and pricing.

What else is new?
  • Mandatory update from all previous versions. Hard fork at block 66550 so update has to be done before then.
  • Simple Znode GUI
  • Zerocoin mints now are spendable at 6 confirmations, previously 7 confirmations.

Good news, great milestone. Congratulations to the development team for more than six months of work achievements, zcoin prices may fly to the moon,
Activity: 2
Thanks for the update about the hard fork.
One question, can you confirm if exchanges will adapt? In case we have Zcoins on exchanges, for example I have some on Bittrex.
Activity: 184
Very nice trend, I've got 10 times in this profit, but I will continue to hold, because I value its value
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

What do I need to do?

What else is new?
  • Simple Znode GUI

Set nodes need 1000zcoin, I think too much. There will not be too many nodes. I suspect this can easily lead to centralization, Reduce the number of zcoins held by the node
znode release, the price to rise, to take off
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
I can't take it anymore. I might have to buy my 1000 coins to become a masternode. Hopefully Bitcoin will skyrocket soon to lower XZC's price against BTC. Hoping for an entry below 0.002.

Well, it is already 0.004 right now and I don't think it will stop until it hits 0.005-0.006.
This can be a coin worth being in TOP-20 in foreseeable future.
Activity: 243
Tell me please about performance of lyra2z on Nvidia. There is 1800кH/s in all calc for GTX 1070 but i have in stock settings (1900/3800MHz) only 1620kH/s with this cuda9 https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-msvc2015/releases/   .
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Tell me please about performance of lyra2z on Nvidia. There is 1800кH/s in all calc for GTX 1070 but i have in stock settings (1900/3800MHz) only 1620kH/s with this cuda9 https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-msvc2015/releases/   .
Activity: 2
I couldn't find the mining thread for this, but I'm currently mining on the zcoin miningpoolhub and see a ton of unconfirmed transactions. Will they be confirmed? And how long does it usually take?

Thanks if anyone can help me out !

I also mining on miningpoolhub. Usually all transactions will confirm within 24 hrs.
Activity: 5
I couldn't find the mining thread for this, but I'm currently mining on the zcoin miningpoolhub and see a ton of unconfirmed transactions. Will they be confirmed? And how long does it usually take?

Thanks if anyone can help me out !
Activity: 658
Merit: 129
Wow, when I bought some Zcoins they had a marketcap from only 2 million $, sad I didn't bought more to run a masternode, now it's too expensive for me.
Activity: 602
Merit: 264
Thank you for these good news! I hope that 2018 will be the year of zcoin and that it will find the place it deserves!

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
A few quick updates:

Znodes is undergoing final testing. Public testnet was launched and a few small bugs were squashed. We are now testing it on the main net in an local environment (meaning we use the mainnet chain and variables) to do our best for a smooth release.

A hard fork is required and once we release the binaries, there should be about 10-14 days for everyone to get their Znodes running before the hard fork and the Znode payments come alive which should give sufficient time for everyone to update. We will announce the exact block when we release as we are also being mindful of exchanges and the upcoming Christmas holidays.

As for MTP, we are expecting to hear from Dmitry and Alex (the researchers for MTP) quite soon as they are proof reading their paper on MTPv2. If you aren't aware, earlier this year we spent many months developing the MTP implementation from the academic paper only to have a paper by Dinur & Nadler released that highlighted that MTP had some flaws that made it less ASIC resistant than desired. This lead to us delaying the launch and funding a MTP bounty competition where we had experts such as Marc Bevand and Fabien Coelho find ways to improve MTP. From our discussions with Dmitry and Alex, they are confident that this will be addressed in MTPv2 and as such we are also eagerly awaiting their results. Our bounty also lead to valuable discussions for the new Itsuku PoW that also builds on the work on MTP. We will be able to estimate a new release date once we have received the updated MTPv2 paper.

Also, Znodes are often mentioned as PoS or Proof of Stake, but it is actually more accurately, Proof of Service. Technically, Znodes do not do work to secure the blockchain but offer their services in hosting the blockchain and verifying transactions including Zerocoin transactions. One way to think of it is that miners receive a block reward for securing the network while Znodes receive part of the block reward for maintaining and supporting the network.

We also got a nice little mention on CNBC Fast Money at 6:24.

Activity: 154
Merit: 11
Hello,

This may be a noob question but could someone please tell me why i get this booooo sometimes while mining,  and also the stratum difficulty is changing pretty often. Why is this happening?
Should i mine on the lower diff port on the pool?

I am using the latest ccminer_cuda 9 from by djm34, mining on suprnova with 20 intensity on the high diff port.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Link to pic:

Booo happen when share diff lower than stratum diff setting. You can reduce booo by mining with higher diff which suitable for your miner.
I saw you have 6 1080 GPUs, try sd=16, it could help  Wink
Jump to: