Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 112. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Zcoin on the run. 10 Days ago was at $13 and today $33. I can see a support on $20, is this because the new Znode’ Masternode System and New Reward Model??, I want to buy some more but I'm going to wait for a retrace, I think this could moon in 2018!

I agree, ~$20 is reasonable to me. Good coin with a promising future.

Agree - way overpriced right now. Nowhere near a top 50 coin at the moment...barely have a working wallet (have had many serious fixes pushed out in the last month or two). It's a risky investment at this price, with the history of the coin. If they get their znodes out successfully (a bigger challenge than people understand), and a legitimate wallet to represent the protocol, maybe $50-$70 range, for legitimate market cap...but that's some big IFs. Lots of hype around master nodes (not released) and rewards at the moment. It's not going up much from here, and probably down....better off waiting to see if they successfully release some things before jumping in, as they are already priced in without being delivered.

MTP was to have come out in the summer...more delays, still months away.  Lots of premature hype.

From $13 to $40 in 2 weeks, now a top 50 market cap, on announcement of master nodes coming (after months of speculation), and winning a coin of the month vote to get on Binance exchange?

That said, in a few months, if they deliver, they could be one of the (if not the) best privacy coins available .... assuming Bitcoin's CT work underway (Confidential Transactions) doesn't wipe out all privacy coins.

Bitcoin CT is not as private as Monero or Zcoin though.

Lots of possibilities in the CT space, and the core are now focusing some effort on it. Lots of new ideas floating around.  All it takes is some creative cryptography and you'd be surprised how things can proceed. Who knows, maybe they'll even incorporate the open source zerocoin library as one option?  

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

Zcoin on the run. 10 Days ago was at $13 and today $33. I can see a support on $20, is this because the new Znode’ Masternode System and New Reward Model??, I want to buy some more but I'm going to wait for a retrace, I think this could moon in 2018!

Agree - way overpriced right now. Nowhere near a top 50 coin at the moment...barely have a working wallet (have had many serious fixes pushed out in the last month or two). It's a risky investment at this price, with the history of the coin. If they get their znodes out successfully (a bigger challenge than people understand), and a legitimate wallet to represent the protocol, maybe $50-$70 range, for legitimate market cap...but that's some big IFs. Lots of hype around master nodes (not released) and rewards at the moment. It's not going up much from here, and probably down....better off waiting to see if they successfully release some things before jumping in, as they are already priced in without being delivered.

MTP was to have come out in the summer...more delays, still months away.  Lots of premature hype.

From $13 to $40 in 2 weeks, now a top 50 market cap, on announcement of master nodes coming (after months of speculation), and winning a coin of the month vote to get on Binance exchange?

That said, in a few months, if they deliver, they could be one of the (if not the) best privacy coins available .... assuming Bitcoin's CT work underway (Confidential Transactions) doesn't wipe out all privacy coins.

Bitcoin CT is not as private as Monero or Zcoin though.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Thanks for this tip, I hope you got that right and we will be able to find an entry at ~$20. Any price predictions for the future here? Could XZC reach more than $50 soon?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
which is the best miner with 1060 3gb? i am getting 1000kh each cards with xjm34 ccminer cuda 9
ckraziel is better?
i get too many rejected share tho it say too low difficult but i selected the port for gpu
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
A good project and solution. I will closely watch the work on the project. Good luck to the team in implementing the plans.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Seriously tho, is 38 K/H to be expected with a 270x?

ZCOIN does not mine well at all on AMD GPUs.... unless someone creates a miner that works better with this algorithm it will remain an exclusive Nvidia miners domain.
Activity: 20
I have 20k/h with R9 270X .R9 280X the same 20k/h
May be there should be another miner for this cards Smiley
Activity: 7
Seriously tho, is 38 K/H to be expected with a 270x?
Activity: 145

Activity: 2
Is there a mining calculator for Zcoin as there is on cryptocompare for BTC, ETH, XMR, ZEC, PASC, DASH, LTC? If you know any, please let me know before the mining difficulty increases too much  Grin

Maybe this ?

https://whattomine.com/coins/175-xzc-lyra2z
Activity: 7
Question-got SGminer fired up on 3 270X's last night, but whoa my hashrate seemed low. 20 K/H per card??! I think a CPU outperforms that.....

Ideas? I tried playing with intensity but that didn't do anything.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
Is there a mining calculator for Zcoin as there is on cryptocompare for BTC, ETH, XMR, ZEC, PASC, DASH, LTC? If you know any, please let me know before the mining difficulty increases too much  Grin
Activity: 238
Very interesting. As I am always on the lookout for new anonymous currencies I am happy to have found this. Can someone evaluate the advantages XZC brings in comparison to for example Anoncoin or AEON? Would be really intersted in learning more and start the discussion. I think anonymous coins are going to be needed more than ever in the near future, so Im looking for the best one!
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Zcoin v0.13.3.2

Instructions

If you are stuck when upgrading to this version, make sure to go into your Zcoin data directory and delete peers.dat and banlist.dat. If you are stuck on block 60032, a reindex is required.

Read this guide on how to reindex.

If you are compiling from source, note updated build instructions from readme.md. If you're from 0.8.7.9 earlier, please do a fresh git clone into a new directory.

Changelog

Fixed bad txs from entering into mempool and breaking getblocktemplate
Fixes stuck block issue
The update is mandatory for old clients before 0.13.2

Known Bugs
Before doing any Zerocoin mints or spend, make sure to do File>Backup your wallet.dat and save in separate location so you can restore in the case a mint/spend does not confirm.

Download here.

Im stuck on block 59093 I tried to delete peers.dat and banlist.dat and I tried the reindex and again stuck on this blocknumber. What can I do to solve this?
Activity: 13
Ok to participate in this give away there are a few Simple Rules:

Subscribe to this youtube channel : http://youtube.com/c/Crypto2Crypto

To win you have to be 1st or 2nd in trade Volume of any coin on Binance
1st place. 15 XZC 2nd place 5 XZC

Competition will run through Dec 6th

Side note: Some of you may think this is fake and I won’t pay out, Visit the Zcoin discord to find out how much BNB I gave out for free to make sure we got on Binance.
Activity: 332
Merit: 273

We would like to announce that Luckygames starts accepting Zcoin
Activity: 100
Merit: 28
Just discovered this project today - an interesting approach on privacy.

So why is this coin so far down the ranks? It seems as if Zcoin has much better and more robuts privacy than Monero and other private coins. Why, therefore, does Monero have way more hype and public interest than Zcoin? Is it a matter of how long each coin has been in the market?

Yes, it's a good reason.  Monero exists since 2014, is well established, has proved its worth and is economically very active (actually used to buy stuff).  Zcoin is only one year old, and very promising, but patience is needed. Zcoin is still relatively at the beginning of its journey.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Why, therefore, does Monero have way more hype and public interest than Zcoin?
I believe it's down to funding and marketing. Monero has some of the big boys like rpietila behind it. In a way it's the most boring of the privacy-oriented coins, and big money people like the stability. This is like asking why Windows is the most popular desktop OS Roll Eyes
Jump to: