Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 120. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Does the establishment of znodes affect GPU mining?
The way I read it, mining tax is increased from 20% to 44% (ouch!), thus making GPU mining less profitable.

I used to think cryptocurrencies were all about decentralization. But with masternodes, we're back to old-time capitalism, where big investors get disproportionately large returns.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
http://zcoin.io/znodes-specifications-release-founders-rewards-reduction/

We are happy to make two very important announcements, the release of the details of Znodes and a reduction in Founders’ rewards!

Znode Requirements

Znodes allow for incentivized nodes to host a complete version of the blockchain and help to ensure nodes are sufficiently powerful to process and verify computationally intensive Zerocoin transactions. Unlike other coins’ masternodes that process privacy transactions, Znodes are trustless, meaning you don’t have to trust them to keep your anonymity or to hide how your funds were anonymized. This is because the Zerocoin protocol relies on zero knowledge proofs and cryptography to ensure that results can always be independently verified.
We have finalized the specifications required for a Znode so our community and existing/potential investors can prepare themselves:

1000 XZC
A computer or VPS with a fixed IP address
1 GB of RAM
Enough disk space to store the blockchain (25gb is recommended for the moment)

Typically a VPS of this specification costs around USD5 to run a month per node and you can head on to Vultr, Linode, or DigitalOcean to obtain a basic VPS when Znodes are launched.

We are currently testing Znodes on our testnet and are set to launch at the end of November-first week of December 2017. We are working with exchanges and pools to ensure a smooth transition for the hard fork required. We will also give instructions for people to run their own testnet Znodes in the next few days.

Founders’ Rewards Reduction: Giving Back to the Community

Currently, 20% of each block (10 xzc) for the first four years of Zcoin (after which there will be no more rewards) will be given to our seed investors, founder and a bounty wallet to fund the team. This worked out to be a total of 10% of total supply.

This is broken down as follows:
Poramin Insom (Founder and Lead Dev): 2 XZC
Seed Investors: 6 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 2 XZC
Total: 10 XZC

With the launch of Znodes, Poramin Insom, Roger Ver, Tim Lee and the other seed investor have agreed to reduce their rewards by half towards Znode’s share of the block reward and also an increase to the Team and Bounty wallet!

This will allow the team to remain sufficiently funded so that we can invest in hiring more developers and deploy additional marketing. The new Founders’ Rewards after the Znode hard fork will be as follows:

Poramin Insom: 1 XZC
Seed Investors: 3 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 3 XZC
Total: 7 XZC
This means that now the Founders’ Reward has been reduced from 20% of each block to 14% of each block with Poramin and the other seed investors all taking a 50% cut. As before, all Founders’ Rewards will cease after 4 years (of which 1 year has already elapsed).

Economics

Nodes will be allocated 15 XZC per block or 30% of the block reward. The charts below illustrates how the block reward is divided before and after the hard fork, with some estimated return calculations based on 50% or 60% of supply being held in Znodes. The returns are of course dependent on actual take up rate of the Znodes.

That is very interesting to know this Znode released soon . I have just read this Znode plan but I have still not yet understood the znode reward . I think that If i have 1000 zcoins for staking how many zcoins may I get ? is it a reward of 15 zcoins for every block then divide this reward to all znodes staking? let me know if I'm wrong.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Does the establishment of znodes affect GPU mining?Or the znodes are independent.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
http://zcoin.io/znodes-specifications-release-founders-rewards-reduction/

We are happy to make two very important announcements, the release of the details of Znodes and a reduction in Founders’ rewards!

Znode Requirements

Znodes allow for incentivized nodes to host a complete version of the blockchain and help to ensure nodes are sufficiently powerful to process and verify computationally intensive Zerocoin transactions. Unlike other coins’ masternodes that process privacy transactions, Znodes are trustless, meaning you don’t have to trust them to keep your anonymity or to hide how your funds were anonymized. This is because the Zerocoin protocol relies on zero knowledge proofs and cryptography to ensure that results can always be independently verified.
We have finalized the specifications required for a Znode so our community and existing/potential investors can prepare themselves:

1000 XZC
A computer or VPS with a fixed IP address
1 GB of RAM
Enough disk space to store the blockchain (25gb is recommended for the moment)

Typically a VPS of this specification costs around USD5 to run a month per node and you can head on to Vultr, Linode, or DigitalOcean to obtain a basic VPS when Znodes are launched.

We are currently testing Znodes on our testnet and are set to launch at the end of November-first week of December 2017. We are working with exchanges and pools to ensure a smooth transition for the hard fork required. We will also give instructions for people to run their own testnet Znodes in the next few days.

Founders’ Rewards Reduction: Giving Back to the Community

Currently, 20% of each block (10 xzc) for the first four years of Zcoin (after which there will be no more rewards) will be given to our seed investors, founder and a bounty wallet to fund the team. This worked out to be a total of 10% of total supply.

This is broken down as follows:
Poramin Insom (Founder and Lead Dev): 2 XZC
Seed Investors: 6 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 2 XZC
Total: 10 XZC

With the launch of Znodes, Poramin Insom, Roger Ver, Tim Lee and the other seed investor have agreed to reduce their rewards by half towards Znode’s share of the block reward and also an increase to the Team and Bounty wallet!

This will allow the team to remain sufficiently funded so that we can invest in hiring more developers and deploy additional marketing. The new Founders’ Rewards after the Znode hard fork will be as follows:

Poramin Insom: 1 XZC
Seed Investors: 3 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 3 XZC
Total: 7 XZC
This means that now the Founders’ Reward has been reduced from 20% of each block to 14% of each block with Poramin and the other seed investors all taking a 50% cut. As before, all Founders’ Rewards will cease after 4 years (of which 1 year has already elapsed).

Economics

Nodes will be allocated 15 XZC per block or 30% of the block reward. The charts below illustrates how the block reward is divided before and after the hard fork, with some estimated return calculations based on 50% or 60% of supply being held in Znodes. The returns are of course dependent on actual take up rate of the Znodes.

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
XZC has launched a major update this time. With the establishment of znodes, XZC will develop more mature and promising future prospects.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
Hello ZCOINteam.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in XZC just set c=XZC as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
From a purely technical chart perspective, now is a very good time to buy some coins, PASC looks like it could have bottomed on 8th February, and is now in a potential upwave which could be stronger and higher than the previous high, good luck to everyone!
of course this will reach higher than previous highs. I’m predicting half a billion market cap at least in two years or less.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
N-Engine Multi Pool Server

ZCoin is added to our pool!

http://pool.n-engine.com

- FREE (donation only)
- Dedicated server (European - US - ASIAN link)
- Fast! (Gigabit link on optical fiber!)
- DDoS protection
- GeoDNS balancing system
- Support 24h/7 (Mail, Troll box, Irc channel)

Payouts are made automatically every 10 minutes for all balances above 0.5, or 0.05 on Sunday.

No more fee, more coin for YOU!

Happy FREE mining !

Main Pool url : http://pool.n-engine.com

You can follow us @Twitter : https://twitter.com/NeCrypto

Support :
On IRC : freenode > #N-Engine
By mail: contact[a.t.]n-engine.com

Activity: 159
Great rise. Hoping XZC keeps this trend.
Activity: 196
From a purely technical chart perspective, now is a very good time to buy some coins, PASC looks like it could have bottomed on 8th February, and is now in a potential upwave which could be stronger and higher than the previous high, good luck to everyone!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I really like your deep analyzing problems now happen and your project may change this situation for a better!
Activity: 48
Price did not reflect increased difficulty. I will switch to another coin I guess.

i'm agree with you.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
Today, the net hashrate has reached 125G. With the constant updating of the technology, more and more people choose XZC, which I think is the trust of people for its future.
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
Price did not reflect increased difficulty. I will switch to another coin I guess.
Firo (FIRO)
New THB/XZC pairings

BX Thailand, XZC/THB, https://bx.in.th/THB/XZC/ Already 10k Zcoin volume!

TDAX will follow this week also with THB pairing.
Firo (FIRO)
Anyone know if the blockchain is stuck? I've been waiting like 3 hours for a transaction to confirm  Roll Eyes, I understand that for the algo it takes a while but it's been quite some time now.

Nope all blocks are proceeding smoothly.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Anyone know if the blockchain is stuck? I've been waiting like 3 hours for a transaction to confirm  Roll Eyes, I understand that for the algo it takes a while but it's been quite some time now.
Activity: 17
18.7k diff ffs  Roll Eyes it's not even profitable anymore, better off mine other coin
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
Say hello to fcking new whale/botnet/aws thieves.

XZC becomes AWS botnet and whale only mineable coin?
Activity: 243
omg what is that hashrate increase? and the diff?

Im out, not profitable anymore.(Maybe until MTP goes in and kills botnets)
Jump to: