Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 124. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 104
"A Zerocoin related supply bug issue was discovered earlier this year by the Zcoin project https://zcoin.io/important-announcement-zerocoin-implementation-bug/11 It seems, however, not all security holes were plugged since this incident took place. The Zerocoin code seems to have other vulnerabilities which could be exploited by potential attackers. After doing some research, we have discovered that Zcoin, another project using Zerocoin tech suffered a similar exploit, even though they are yet to issue a statement. Over 14k Zcoins that shouldn’t exist have been created using this exploit between November 1st and November 4th. The attack on the SmartCash network took place after Zcoin got attacked and after their devs released a quick Sunday patch to stop the bleeding. The attack could have been prevented had they told us about it. Hopefully, we will all learn to work together in the future. We can’t say for sure if other Zerocoin based coins like PIVX also got attacked, but looking at the recent Zerocoin PIVX action, that may have been the case: During this 15 hours period, between Block 892275 2017-11-06 17:41:03 CET and Block 893145 2017-11-07 08:19:16 CET more than 260K PIVX were reclaimed/spent than minted/renewed."

Whole article on Smartcash site here: https://forum.smartcash.cc/t/smartcash-zerocoin-related-issues-and-the-path-forward/1359

Activity: 581
Merit: 250
Cryptopia closed both Zcoin and Smart cash wallets due to a Zerocion exploit.

Is there a bug in Zerocoin ?
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
Cryptopia closed both Zcoin and Smart cash wallets due to a Zerocion exploit.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Also stuck on block #60032
 Sad
and I stuck on block #60032

Same here. Devs posted they are aware and working on fix.

stopped the pool for now, makes no sense hashing hot air
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Why this algorithm loads 1060 and 1070 much worse than 1080 and 1080ti?
Activity: 382
Merit: 251

Sad

Same here. Devs posted they are aware and working on fix.
Activity: 46
suprnova is back. please switch back if you have moved to other pools...
Activity: 610
Merit: 500

Sad
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Awesome news for the listing on Binance.

With this, we have to go to the moon for sure this time
i fell this project will develop and became a big project and never scam, but i look this project just less a ICO project inside this project, maybe if you add it, you can get many participant and has perfectly project

I believe the same. I mined SIGT before and ROI'de some good amount with spike but then it kinda died. I still have some SIGT mined from that time.

XZC is solid.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i fell this project will develop and became a big project and never scam, but i look this project just less a ICO project inside this project, maybe if you add it, you can get many participant and has perfectly project
I feel the mining difficulty is getting more and more difficult now. Is there any mining tool updated?

November is masternode month. XZC getting more attention along with price increase. More rigs are mining it now.
It is very nice to see this hard fork completed and there was a small issue zerocoin spending but the issue was found and Dev has fixed it .
It seems the price is rising highly after hard fork and this zcoin project is quite safe for all investors and Roger Ver is a big investor on this coin.
what do you think about the price next year? will this Zcoin reach up to 50$ ?

I believe it will maybe in the 3rd quarter though. I am mining XZC and will keep mining as well. PBC favored ZEN so it has more publicity in privacy coin domain now when compared with XZC but
I am on the XZC side.
Activity: 434
I feel the mining difficulty is getting more and more difficult now. Is there any mining tool updated?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
Zcoin hard fork statement

We have now smoothly completed our hard fork which is now active past block 60,000. The hard fork resolves several bugs and also greatly improves the security of Zerocoin through fixes in our implementation and also libzerocoin, the cryptographic library which enables Zerocoin.

Prior to the hard fork being completed, there was an exploit that resulted in additional Zerocoin spends being generated. The team detected the problem quickly and deployed mitigating measures which were successful. A further emergency update through v0.13.3.1 completely halted the problem by disabling Zerocoin spends and which will be re-enabled automatically past the hard fork which resolves this issue.

The exploit resulted in 17k coins being generated (0.5% of circulating supply or 0.08% of total supply). However the Founders’ rewards will be reduced to maintain total supply at 21.4 million. We would like to thank all the pools and exchanges who were very quick to deploy this fix and thank them for their cooperation. This disclosure could only be made now to prevent further people taking advantage of the exploit until the hard fork rolled over.

Our hard fork also marks the release of libzerocoin v2 that is a significant security update to the original libzerocoin library. We recommend all projects using Zerocoin to reach out to us for details on these fixes for those that haven’t done so already. These changes may affect our peers to various degrees and we are happy to help where we can.  In a later post, we will cover in further detail the important changes that libzerocoin v2 entails.
Our team has worked hard to resolve this issue and we greatly appreciate our passionate community’s support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us on Discord!

https://zcoin.io/zcoin-hard-fork-statement/

It is very nice to see this hard fork completed and there was a small issue zerocoin spending but the issue was found and Dev has fixed it .
It seems the price is rising highly after hard fork and this zcoin project is quite safe for all investors and Roger Ver is a big investor on this coin.
Activity: 29
Expensive.Will dump to hell as soon as strikes main exch's.But good results for idividuals wh found/obtained in,congrats. on

Moot.

We’re already in bittrex. Simple search of Zcoin on CMC will tell you that
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
Zcoin hard fork statement

We have now smoothly completed our hard fork which is now active past block 60,000. The hard fork resolves several bugs and also greatly improves the security of Zerocoin through fixes in our implementation and also libzerocoin, the cryptographic library which enables Zerocoin.

Prior to the hard fork being completed, there was an exploit that resulted in additional Zerocoin spends being generated. The team detected the problem quickly and deployed mitigating measures which were successful. A further emergency update through v0.13.3.1 completely halted the problem by disabling Zerocoin spends and which will be re-enabled automatically past the hard fork which resolves this issue.

The exploit resulted in 17k coins being generated (0.5% of circulating supply or 0.08% of total supply). However the Founders’ rewards will be reduced to maintain total supply at 21.4 million. We would like to thank all the pools and exchanges who were very quick to deploy this fix and thank them for their cooperation. This disclosure could only be made now to prevent further people taking advantage of the exploit until the hard fork rolled over.

Our hard fork also marks the release of libzerocoin v2 that is a significant security update to the original libzerocoin library. We recommend all projects using Zerocoin to reach out to us for details on these fixes for those that haven’t done so already. These changes may affect our peers to various degrees and we are happy to help where we can.  In a later post, we will cover in further detail the important changes that libzerocoin v2 entails.
Our team has worked hard to resolve this issue and we greatly appreciate our passionate community’s support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us on Discord!

https://zcoin.io/zcoin-hard-fork-statement/

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

Sad

Its known and an update/fix is worked on.

Expensive.Will dump to hell as soon as strikes main exch's.But good results for idividuals wh found/obtained in,congrats. on

Pretty useless comment, as it's already on main exch.
Problaby mistook the thread...
Activity: 218
Merit: 10
I have invested some XZC on my bittrex account. Up to now I just acknowledge this coin project.Perhaps it's price ready to go up not so far.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100

Sad
Jump to: