Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 122. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
Zcoin v0.13.3.2

Instructions

If you are stuck when upgrading to this version, make sure to go into your Zcoin data directory and delete peers.dat and banlist.dat. If you are stuck on block 60032, a reindex is required.

Read this guide on how to reindex.

If you are compiling from source, note updated build instructions from readme.md. If you're from 0.8.7.9 earlier, please do a fresh git clone into a new directory.

Changelog

Fixed bad txs from entering into mempool and breaking getblocktemplate
Fixes stuck block issue
The update is mandatory for old clients before 0.13.2

Known Bugs
Before doing any Zerocoin mints or spend, make sure to do File>Backup your wallet.dat and save in separate location so you can restore in the case a mint/spend does not confirm.

Download here.
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
I`m out till MTP, gl guys.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Zcoin wallet v0.13.3.1 have a bug, when run for some hours, the getblocktemplate command will return "CreateNewBlock: TestBlockValidity failed: bad-txns-BIP30 (code 16) (code -1)", must restart the wallet to solve this problem.

I also had an issue like yours . Yesterday I  downloaded the wallet v0.13.3.1 to get syncing but it was stuck at the block 60032 so Must I wait for the wallet updates from Devs or Can I make a reindex with command line " zcoin-qt -reindex" to get syncing again ? when is the new wallet released ?

60032 stop...................................
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
what a crazy miner in MPH
Activity: 1
NEThash and difficulty has gone crazy.

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
WTF is going on with difficulty and network hashrate?
Network hashrate almost doubled just within day! From where are comes these fcking whale?
NetDiff 14.4K!
NetHash 107Gh

Maybe botnets ? Is it more profitable to mine another coin en sell for zcoin?
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
For the fork I just need to download the new wallet and replace my wallet.dat file?

Congrats to everyone on the binance victory !
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
WTF is going on with difficulty and network hashrate?
Network hashrate almost doubled just within day! From where are comes these fcking whale?
NetDiff 14.4K!
NetHash 107Gh
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Zcoin wallet v0.13.3.1 have a bug, when run for some hours, the getblocktemplate command will return "CreateNewBlock: TestBlockValidity failed: bad-txns-BIP30 (code 16) (code -1)", must restart the wallet to solve this problem.

I also had an issue like yours . Yesterday I  downloaded the wallet v0.13.3.1 to get syncing but it was stuck at the block 60032 so Must I wait for the wallet updates from Devs or Can I make a reindex with command line " zcoin-qt -reindex" to get syncing again ? when is the new wallet released ?
Reindex wont fix the issue. A new wallet is already in the process of getting released. If you need it immediately, head over to Zcoin's discord. Reuben has uploaded the same.
Can confirm, also I've read they are compiling the new in a short time. So hoppefully shouldn't take to long anymore.
Activity: 142

Reindex wont fix the issue. A new wallet is already in the process of getting released. If you need it immediately, head over to Zcoin's discord. Reuben has uploaded the same.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

Activity: 728
Merit: 115
What's up with Zcoin wallets on NovaExchange?

Zcoin shows yellow mark with message:

" Last block received 2017-11-09"
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
what's the difference between Zcoin and Zero coin?

Short answer; Zcoin forked from Zero coin but was added many features that Zero coin does not offer, Zcash did same thing but a little differently. For example, Zcoin mining is very memory intensive and this is meant to avoid bots taking over and as ASIC resistance.
From OP:
Is Zcoin a fork of Zcash? What are the primary differences?

Zcoin is not a fork of Zcash in anyway. First of all Zerocoin is the tech, Zcoin is the coin, similarly to how Zerocash is the tech and, Zcash the coin.

Zcoin uses Zerocoin technology from the Zerocoin paper. This is a very well peer reviewed paper with over 200 citations.

And another  usefull link https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/Zerocoin-Usage

When you say "forked" it mean another chain, but it isn't true.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

Short answer; Zcoin forked from Zero coin but was added many features that Zero coin does not offer, Zcash did same thing but a little differently. For example, Zcoin mining is very memory intensive and this is meant to avoid bots taking over and as ASIC resistance.
Activity: 581
Merit: 250
Activity: 2
Hi Guys!

Please help me. I connected to XZX mining, my all ETH hashrate is 1.2 Ghs. My XZC pool is Supernova, and my hashrate of first rig: 7.600 kh/s according to PC and 10.400 kh/s according to pool. My all hashrate according to pool is 76.000 kh/s but my profit: 18 XZC in 8 days.

What's the problem? According the calculator my profit: 6.2 XZC daily.
probably becouse everyone is on mininpoolhub therefore suprnova cannot find blocks

Is this why I receive stratum connection timeout errors?
Activity: 36
Hi Guys!

Please help me. I connected to XZX mining, my all ETH hashrate is 1.2 Ghs. My XZC pool is Supernova, and my hashrate of first rig: 7.600 kh/s according to PC and 10.400 kh/s according to pool. My all hashrate according to pool is 76.000 kh/s but my profit: 18 XZC in 8 days.

probably becouse everyone is on mininpoolhub therefore suprnova cannot find blocks
Activity: 9
Hi Guys!

Activity: 208
Could you pleace not quote the whole first post?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 56
Jump to: