Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 171. (Read 663229 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
I can't understand from where are coming these huge amount of hashrate? XZC net hashrate grows very quickly. At the same time, profitability is very low, about 4 times lower than on most other altcoins.
So, this is a botnet, or what is it ??  Huh
77Gh net hashrate it's about 65K pcs gtx 1060 GPUs. Seriously??? and all these miners still mining this coin, while other altcoins offering 3x, 4x higher profit?? smells fishly

Two biggest pools have only ~ 23Gh hashrate! Where the rest net hashrate is sitting? Seems what the resh hashrate is HIGHLY centralised by SOLO miners (botnets)

dude who have server with power 65K GPU? I dont believe someone can get that even from google cloud, aws or azure  without not getting attention from them, it's possible if ASIC, but please someone who have knowledge in that subject please enlgihten us whether it can be ASIC or something else

This is quite alarming although I don't think an ASIC is possible since the algo is very memory intensive, I might be wrong though.

Dev would you be so kind to give your opinion about this matter? I thought the new algo where supposed to make it not profitable for botnets to mine zcoin anymore and im not aware of any asics for zcoin seems highly unlikely, so how can this be? What do you think about this enormous hashrate?

lol, botnets were ALWAYS a part of this coin, remember the private investors who made this possible ? they wanted "aws cloud mining" to be #1 from the start, noone was mad they need to please investors, it's understandable.

ASICs? um no. look at the code ya nub, way too mem intensive for a TODAY asic ;p
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
I can't understand from where are coming these huge amount of hashrate? XZC net hashrate grows very quickly. At the same time, profitability is very low, about 4 times lower than on most other altcoins.
77Gh net hashrate it's about 65K pcs gtx 1060 GPUs. Seriously??? and all these miners still mining this coin, while other altcoins offering 3x, 4x higher profit?? smells fishly

Two biggest pools have only ~ 23Gh hashrate! Where the rest net hashrate is sitting? Seems what the resh hashrate is HIGHLY centralised by SOLO miners (botnets)

dude who have server with power 65K GPU? I dont believe someone can get that even from google cloud, aws or azure  without not getting attention from them, it's possible if ASIC, but please someone who have knowledge in that subject please enlgihten us whether it can be ASIC or something else

This is quite alarming although I don't think an ASIC is possible since the algo is very memory intensive, I might be wrong though.

Dev would you be so kind to give your opinion about this matter? I thought the new algo where supposed to make it not profitable for botnets to mine zcoin anymore and im not aware of any asics for zcoin seems highly unlikely, so how can this be? What do you think about this enormous hashrate?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
hi all!
does the wallet generator a scam ?
i saw it and i'm not sure if i can trust this site.
i hope someone here knows
thanks
https://paper.zcoin.rocks/
Zcoin.rocks is a fan-made page. It was created some time last year and I think it's no longer maintained (hence the dead links)
You can still use it as Zcoin's keys are still the same (and all a paper wallet generator does is generate a pair of private/public keys), but a newer generator can be found at http://paper.zcoin.ga/ (also not official, and currently without HTTPS, so use at your own risk)
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
hi all!
does the wallet generator a scam ?
i saw it and i'm not sure if i can trust this site.
i hope someone here knows
thanks
https://paper.zcoin.rocks/
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
Hi dev,

Your coin is superb, it's clear for me and all the technical community.
But his price is very low compared to som other coins.
ZCoin should be in the TOP 5 of the crypto world.

When will you do marketing operations to promote ZCoin ?
Your work is fabulous but the technical community is not enough to push ZCoin "to the moon".

I agree, Zcoin deserves much better.

Zcoin is not recognized at its true value.

If marketing was of the same quality as technical development, Zcoin would be much higher!

I hope the Zcoin team is aware of this!
Activity: 810
Merit: 444
Hi dev,

Your coin is superb, it's clear for me and all the technical community.
But his price is very low compared to som other coins.
ZCoin should be in the TOP 5 of the crypto world.

When will you do marketing operations to promote ZCoin ?
Your work is fabulous but the technical community is not enough to push ZCoin "to the moon".
LBX
Activity: 1025
Merit: 534
A
Can anyone support me
a28Nrpc14aB9FG7H5Ho1bef33GkgWiQKrN
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Quick Development Updates

From our testing, Zcoin's updated Bitcoin core 0.13 sync speed from scratch is about 6 hours which is a huge improvement. Testing Zerocoin functions at the moment.

Dev team decided that despite the benefits of 0.13, MTP migration will happen first before core upgrade improvements are deployed. The same goes with our libzerocoin upgrades and fixes. This is because MTP has a totally new block header structure so migration from the old block header structure needs some planning and we want to make sure that happens smoothly first before deploying too many fundamental changes especially one as big as Bitcoin core and libzerocoin. Migration to 0.13 will then open the way for deployment of Znodes.

Final MTP patch is in place. Will announce separate MTP bounty (not the same as a MTP miner dev competition) in the next few days to encourage scrutiny into MTP.

Thank you for these good news :-).
Impatient for the final MTP version and Znodes.
Will Bittrex doing the wallet upgrade safetely or it is better to withdraw my ZCoin to my desktop wallet ?
Activity: 129
Final MTP patch is in place.

Where?  Last commit here

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commits/merge-mtp

is 10 days ago.

Still waiting for this:

Poramin to release one more minor patch.

You may think it's minor, but any change that affects the consensus rules (and that includes every last detail of the PoW) is a big deal.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
As long as the devs are actively working and making progress on the project I'm a happy long term investor. Good job and keep it up!
Activity: 233

Firo (FIRO)
Quick Development Updates

From our testing, Zcoin's updated Bitcoin core 0.13 sync speed from scratch is about 6 hours which is a huge improvement. Testing Zerocoin functions at the moment.

Dev team decided that despite the benefits of 0.13, MTP migration will happen first before core upgrade improvements are deployed. The same goes with our libzerocoin upgrades and fixes. This is because MTP has a totally new block header structure so migration from the old block header structure needs some planning and we want to make sure that happens smoothly first before deploying too many fundamental changes especially one as big as Bitcoin core and libzerocoin. Migration to 0.13 will then open the way for deployment of Znodes.

Final MTP patch is in place. Will announce separate MTP bounty (not the same as a MTP miner dev competition) in the next few days to encourage scrutiny into MTP.
Activity: 199
zcoin Wallet too original too antique, please re-design beautiful wallet
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Is anyone mining with 390/290s share your gadgetry thankd
Firo (FIRO)
We are happy to announce that Torphop Korgtadam has been appointed to be a consultant for Zcoin in IT Security matters.

Torphop Korgtadam is Co-Founder of Creden and MHCON (Meet the Hackers). He has experience in the banking industry and has been appointed as Global Subject Matter Experts (GSME) for Cyber Security, End-Point Security, and Web Application Security. He consults and advises on matters in relation to IT audit and control and the management strategy of internal audits.

https://zcoin.io/team/
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC

it is ASIC miner,like DASH ,ASIC mining,and to da moon,just buy buy buy!!!!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Looks like zcoin is always hot
Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Jump to: