Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 167. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Anyone here mining on Windows 7 x64 with an AMD card? I keep trying to run sgminer but it keeps telling me that "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll file is missing" does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

Installation is "aio-runtimes_v2.4.2"
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
@mrb, curious, why you're negative on the things while dev team are trying to make improvements, instead of offering constructive suggestions?? I would turn to something else if I don't like this rather than wasting time.

He's not being negative on things but commenting on his bounty findings and whether we will be implementing other improvements and fixes as suggested by the MTP authors. mrb's submissions are valued.

His main contention is that @hidetoshi had previously criticized Zcoin for not making the submissions to the MTP competition public straight away and felt that we weren't being transparent. Our reasoning then was that we wanted time to verify such submissions before making them public. However since MTP is only on testnet, we accepted the criticism and decided that transparency is more important and have been making submissions public here: https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/MTP-Audit-and-Implementation-Bounty-Submissions

Hidetoshi and I have since discussed this in private and the misunderstanding was cleared up and we are both in agreement that collaboration between teams should be encouraged and sharing submissions facilitates this and have since been in communication. Hidetoshi represents a group of 14 scientists of which Fabien Coelho is a prime researcher with regards to PoW mechanics.

Hidetoshi has not formally made a submission to the bounty yet. However he had kindly offered to share his preliminary draft findings with us so that we can assess our own implementation to see if it has any exposure to the peer reviewed threats. The paper he submitted has been very helpful but is still in a draft form though I believe he will be making it public shortly sometime in the next week or so after finalizing it and getting feedback from the MTP authors. I personally don't think there is any issue in this in making sure that the paper is in a good state before releasing it to the public and as the draft was extended to us in goodwill, we greatly appreciate it. Once the paper is released, we'll also put it up on the github.

That being said I think both hidetoshi and mrb have the same aim, which is to contribute to the betterment of MTP and also get a share of the bounty which is what the bounty is for and we value both their works greatly.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Anyone here mining on Windows 7 x64 with an AMD card? I keep trying to run sgminer but it keeps telling me that "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll file is missing" does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
@mrb, curious, why you're negative on the things while dev team are trying to make improvements, instead of offering constructive suggestions?? I would turn to something else if I don't like this rather than wasting time.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
MTP exists on testnet though and the testnet was redeployed again due to improvements on with a reduction of proof size on MTP ...

Great! So you will encode merkle paths in binary instead of hexadecimal? And you will remove X⟦i⟧ from the proof?

We also have been given a draft copy of a research paper provided by @hidetoshi that touches on MTP that we have agreed to not release until they have finalized their research and we are assessing its impact. They're also waiting for MTP's authors to reply. Our dev team has been very busy in looking into this.

Strange, hidetoshi was complaining Zcoin wasn't making my MTP findings public at the time, but now he is the one asking to keep his research under wraps?  Smiley
Firo (FIRO)
Hey Guys... As a long standing Zcoin holder/investor and supporter who earned quite some ROI on pretty much every token I have invested in, except for Zcoin Cheesy Grin Tongue

I was just wondering how things are going? Will MTP ever exist? Hows the Irish lad coming along with his Ethereum mixer? Are you guys ever planning of making some actual marketing efforts at all? Do you already have a wallet that a person can download and have it work?  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Guys I love you, but how real is this project? Where is the Reubster? How about communicating a bit more about goals and targets in the roadmap... How about that MTP?  Tongue Tongue How much coins needed for the staking rewards?

You know im just kidding and that im not.... Will this ever take off? Good luck i hope for the best!!!

MTP exists on testnet though and the testnet was redeployed again due to improvements on with a reduction of proof size on MTP and also to resolve the implementation issue raised by by mbevand.
You can see it progressing here: http://testnet.zcoin.io:3001/
Because of these changes we will extend the bounty competitions.

We also have been given a draft copy of a research paper provided by @hidetoshi that touches on MTP that we have agreed to not release until they have finalized their research and we are assessing its impact. They're also waiting for MTP's authors to reply. Our dev team has been very busy in looking into this.

Ethereum mixer:
https://github.com/zcoinofficial/ethereum-zmixer
Riordant has pushed a functional outline of the Ethereum zmixer here.
There's a lot more code that he has done but he is not pushing it just yet until he gets clarification on how big integers will be handled in Metropolis:
https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/blob/vbuterin-patch-2/EIPS/bigint_modexp.md

The wallet works we have a private 0.8.7.9 version also in Slack if you guys want to try it out which I am using which seems to resolve some sync issues but our core upgrade is very close to finishing which greatly improves performance.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
omg it is so annoying to lose them, but I think you should take the help zcoinofficial offered you.
Activity: 138
Merit: 101
Hey Guys... As a long standing Zcoin holder/investor and supporter who earned quite some ROI on pretty much every token I have invested in, except for Zcoin Cheesy Grin Tongue

I was just wondering how things are going? Will MTP ever exist? Hows the Irish lad coming along with his Ethereum mixer? Are you guys ever planning of making some actual marketing efforts at all? Do you already have a wallet that a person can download and have it work?  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Guys I love you, but how real is this project? Where is the Reubster? How about communicating a bit more about goals and targets in the roadmap... How about that MTP?  Tongue Tongue How much coins needed for the staking rewards?

You know im just kidding and that im not.... Will this ever take off? Good luck i hope for the best!!!
Firo (FIRO)
Will switching to MTP make Zcoin a cpu only mining I'm just wondering I just started looking at Zcoin and look very interesting to me

GPU mining is still possible. The idea is to put GPU and CPU on similar-ish footing based on cost.

So if you spend x amount of CPU and GPU, you should get performance that isn't too far apart. Of course for exact 1:1 is impossible but we don't want to have a situation where a coin is solely dominated by one type of device.
legendary
Will switching to MTP make Zcoin a cpu only mining I'm just wondering I just started looking at Zcoin and look very interesting to me

I'm wondering the same thing since I just bought a GPU, can MTP be implemented while continue allowing GPU mining?
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
I heard some guy from the dev team that they want to remove the trusted setup when they will implement the Sigma protocol. That is good news . Where can we track their progress in implementing Sigma protocol ?
Activity: 28
We've dropped the fee at hexpool.com to 0.1%.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
I thought one of the features of mtp algo was that it would become much less feasable for botnets to mine zcoin according to the OP:

MTP was created as a way to remedy the disparity between ordinary users and adversaries/cheaters where the latter could use botnets, GPU, FPGA and ASICS to gain a significant advantage and mount a cheaper attack. The basic concept is that it should establish the same price/cost for a single computation unit on all platforms. This means that no single device should gain a significant advantage over another for the same price hence promoting egalitarian computing. With egalitarian computing, attackers would need to spend the same amount as ordinary users for equivalent ‘hashing’ power. As attackers need to usesimilar hardware as ordinary users, automated large-scale attacks become no longer possible. This combined with the fact hashing in MTP is highly memory intensive, users infected by trojans to participate in botnets would experience noticeable performance degradation and therefore more likely to suspect something is amiss
legendary
Mining question : I see a significant amount of mining power just looking at Miningpoolhub's stats page.

I am wondering what is true re: this ( IMHO ) mining "anomaly"...... the hashpower required to put numbers in the top 15 is fairly large....

Whichever equipment is being used to produce it, calculations suggest those committing such number to Zcoin could make significantly more income

mining a few other coins, nets, algos.

>> Are these miner speculating..... dedicated.... Have advantaged software for mining...?

This has been bothering me for awhile now..... I have a small "farm" and could not see profits, at this time, mining Zcoin unless I was speculating on the future....

Am I missing some info here??  

All replies welcome....thanks  Smiley
total speculation, Zcoin undervalued by a long way, look at Zcash, monero, Dash, really it's the only coin offering zero knowledge with an audit able supply

But if they mine pure for speculation why not mine a other more profitable coin and trade them back for more zcoin? Oh well maybe it doenst matter at all since new minging algo is arround the corner but still is a bit strange

Indeed, we ourselves are surprised at the hash rate. Not sure how many other 'CPU-friendly' coins are out there tho.

Oh well once upgraded to the new algo problem will solve itself. When we change algo will there be a hard fork? I think its necessary right?

How do you think it would "solve" itself after the upgrade? Do you think people running bots are going to simply quit mining it?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

As far as I know, it's not actually possible for Zcoin/zerocoin to 'vaporize' like you describe it. I tested the minting and spending extensively a while ago and yes, it has some quirks like that "has to have at least two mint coins" error message and the fact that there's currently an artificial limit of 1 spend transaction per block in place (to deal with performance impact on pools because Znodes aren't implemented yet), meaning that it can take a while for a spend to get confirmed and that transactions can be 'floating' in mempool for an unreasonable amount of time... But aside from that, whatever you own, you own. (As long as you don't mess with your wallet.dat...)

So I don't know what exactly happened in your case, but if I were you I'd just take the help zcoinofficial offered you instead of writing rant after rant, which accomplishes nothing.
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Mining question : I see a significant amount of mining power just looking at Miningpoolhub's stats page.

I am wondering what is true re: this ( IMHO ) mining "anomaly"...... the hashpower required to put numbers in the top 15 is fairly large....

Whichever equipment is being used to produce it, calculations suggest those committing such number to Zcoin could make significantly more income

mining a few other coins, nets, algos.

>> Are these miner speculating..... dedicated.... Have advantaged software for mining...?

This has been bothering me for awhile now..... I have a small "farm" and could not see profits, at this time, mining Zcoin unless I was speculating on the future....

Am I missing some info here??  

All replies welcome....thanks  Smiley
total speculation, Zcoin undervalued by a long way, look at Zcash, monero, Dash, really it's the only coin offering zero knowledge with an audit able supply

But if they mine pure for speculation why not mine a other more profitable coin and trade them back for more zcoin? Oh well maybe it doenst matter at all since new minging algo is arround the corner but still is a bit strange

Indeed, we ourselves are surprised at the hash rate. Not sure how many other 'CPU-friendly' coins are out there tho.

Oh well once upgraded to the new algo problem will solve itself. When we change algo will there be a hard fork? I think its necessary right?
Activity: 28

https://hexpool.com
Fast, stable and https secure mining pool
Only 0.25% fee
Automatic payouts every 2 hours

How to mine?
Fire up your preferred miner with the following parameters (replace WALLET with your wallet address):
Code:
-a lyra2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu1-hexpool.com:4433 -u WALLET -p c=XZC

Difficulty
Use d=? in your password to select a different difficulty.
Code:
-a lyra2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu1-hexpool.com:4433 -u WALLET -p c=XZC,d=1

Explorer
https://hexpool.com/explorer/XZC
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
It's interesting to see this price I have bought some zcoins during the past week.
Perhaps this was a final chance to get very cheap coins and I think there will be a big pump in next weeks .
why because you bought in? A little more info might be useful.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
It's interesting to see this price I have bought some zcoins during the past week.
Perhaps this was a final chance to get very cheap coins and I think there will be a big pump in next weeks .
Jump to: