Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 389. (Read 662377 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Here are some benchmarks from the Height problem.

One of my CPUs on Block 2300 now hashes at 8.3H/s, while at Block 23000 it will hash at 1.35H/s. This doesn't take into account the difficulty changes by then. Every CPU will linearly follow this pattern.

degredation will accelerate when memory is exhausted and starts swapping to disk.

Currently its using about 460MB of RAM. At block 23000 it will use 956MB of ram. So RAM is not really an issue since most of us have 8-16GB of it.

my i7 3770 don't show 0.03kh anymore..only hashing at 0.02kh now..

i remember when ethereum mining still depends on system RAM on mining instead of GPU RAM..might happen with zcoin GPU miner release
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

One of my CPUs on Block 2300 now hashes at 8.3H/s, while at Block 23000 it will hash at 1.35H/s. This doesn't take into account the difficulty changes by then. Every CPU will linearly follow this pattern.

degredation will accelerate when memory is exhausted and starts swapping to disk.

Currently its using about 460MB of RAM. At block 23000 it will use 956MB of ram. So RAM is not really an issue since most of us have 8-16GB of it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Im trying to feed the noonce loop into an opencl kernel so we can finally GPU mine this coin however upon looking at the code its messed up.

LYRA2 is a matrix, usually of 2 or 4. However for this coin the matrix = height; so with every new block the matrix gets bigger and bigger and it will get harder and harder to solve. Pretty much like the difficulty bomb with ETHEREUM.

Yikes.  Thanks for sharing.

It's even worse, the matrix is height*256. Lyra2 is 1*8 and lyra2v2 is 1*4. It not only gets harder to solve but it also requires more memory
to solve each new block. Lyra2 is already a challenge on a GPU, lyra2v2 is a little better (less lyra2) but zcoin is all lyra2 and with overkill.
So, yes, mining will self destruct unless the algo is changed, and GPU mining is probably DOA.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
Im trying to feed the noonce loop into an opencl kernel so we can finally GPU mine this coin however upon looking at the code its messed up.

LYRA2 is a matrix, usually of 2 or 4. However for this coin the matrix = height; so with every new block the matrix gets bigger and bigger and it will get harder and harder to solve. Pretty much like the difficulty bomb with ETHEREUM.

This is exactly what I was posting in the first thread already, mining will come to an end sooner or later... With every new block it gets harder to mine

Nice... Grin. Good to know. Maybe this is done intentionally..?

Probably that's why I see my hashrate dropped more than twice since yesterday, despite of the fact I am mining now with more PC's!

Is everyone seeing the same - hashrate droped by two-three times compared with yesterday, or is it just me..?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
any gpu miners out yet ... it should be easy prob someone have it by now
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
i never try solomining, just mining to suprnova.
cz i dont know your config and bat file,
you know ladacoin, same cant solomining with cpuminer
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
I tried solo mining, but will not work. Does anyone know is it the problem is to the wallet:

I tried that as well and got the same problem so went to pool mining.
Is it possible to mine with the window wallet?

add this
--coinbase-addr=address zcoin

donation zcoin
aM1oTKtBfNCXsQvJxELApBTx89uw5cpB7K
I did try that earlier and it took away the error of no payout address but then immediately windows would come up saying cpuminer stopped working and would close the prog. I tried adding server and listen to the conf file each time waiting 2hrs for it to resync but still the same, no error but then close. Any other suggestions?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I tried solo mining, but will not work. Does anyone know is it the problem is to the wallet:

add this
--coinbase-addr=address zcoin

donation zcoin
aM1oTKtBfNCXsQvJxELApBTx89uw5cpB7K
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
What is the total supply?
legendary
Activity: 1274
0.03KH/s with an i7-6700K at 4.2Ghz. is it even possible to get higher hashrates? refuses to start mining on a FX-8150.

.2-.3 KH/s on fx-9590
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
0.03KH/s with an i7-6700K at 4.2Ghz. is it even possible to get higher hashrates? refuses to start mining on a FX-8150.
legendary
Activity: 1274

Yikes.  Thanks for sharing.

You can mine with the wallet. There is a tutorial here: https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/Mining-Guide
Thanks for the tutorial seemed like much lower hash than when using the cpuminer with a pool though.
Can it be mined using the modified cpuminer?

legendary

This is exactly what I was posting in the first thread already, mining will come to an end sooner or later... With every new block it gets harder to mine

Yeah they need to change the algo again because its not worth wasting time writing code for a GPU when it will only works for a week or two.

Easiest fix would be to just change the Matrix = 2 or some other small fixed value.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
http://i.imgur.com/0Jwy9R7.jpg

You can mine with the wallet. There is a tutorial here: https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/Mining-Guide

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

legendary

Jump to: