Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 75. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 257
Activity: 700
Merit: 1
SetupMasternodes.com
Scammers

What basis exactly? The fact that we are a service to the people? The market can decide to use our service or not without you calling us scammers.

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

I see that the founders have a lot of experience, have the question , how can  tokens  be used in the system?

what kind of system are you looking for?this is service using computer which is developing and securing for transfer bitcoin for a safety precaution
Activity: 700
Merit: 1
SetupMasternodes.com
This service is a simple option, if you do not get the quick enough support from anywhere regarding your masternode, we are the alternative option for immediate support.

It is a simple as you walking into a computer store or best buy, and asking them for help on fixing your PC. Except, we do not touch your PC wallet, server, or coins.
We guide you through it. It is educational and direct help.  We accept a service fee, and that is it. Simple as that.

I just want to clarify as there is some confusion of our service.

Thanks Zcoiners!

Hey Zcoiners,

The (SetupMasternodes.com Team) has announced it's full support for ZCoin's Masternode Setup Process and on going Troubleshooting!

Limited time: First 25 customers get started for $50 one-time cost, and that includes 1 hour of Free troubleshooting anytime after the setup!

Official thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738

Activity: 109
Merit: 5
hodl
Does Zcoin allows people to stake in their wallets or masternode is the only option?

If yes, what is the expected PoS stake rate?

Masternode but many exchanges pay you masternode rewards if you keep the coins on the exchange. There are also groups where you can buy part of a masternode but you have to be careful as there are many scammers who cheat people.
Wich exchanges (not Bittrex) ?

Bx.in or tdax

https://bx.in.th/info/articles/znodes/

https://support.tdax.com/announcement-ประกาศ/updated-pooled-znodes-on-tdax-รายละเอียดเรือง-znodes
Activity: 172
Merit: 20
What happen to the wallet? I have to reindex every times when open QT wallet..

Not only on the wallet, but the same issue on my znode. Either reindex required or stuck in some block on both wallet and znode. I beleive there is some issue on the blockchain or in the code of version 0.13.5.7. The dev team of zcoin should do some troubleshooting. Everyone can try removing 'chainstate' folder and 'blocks' folder and re-download the blocks from the network, see what will happen, should be able to reproduce the same issue menetioned here. I have to stop the running of my znode currently.

If you're reindexing the last wallet release and still getting stuck this might help:

https://zcoinkb.wordpress.com/2018/03/28/znode-stuck-on-block-80421/
Activity: 810
Merit: 444
Does Zcoin allows people to stake in their wallets or masternode is the only option?

Masternode but many exchanges pay you masternode rewards if you keep the coins on the exchange. There are also groups where you can buy part of a masternode but you have to be careful as there are many scammers who cheat people.
Wich exchanges (not Bittrex) ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
This is an amazing project, and includes about a very good team. And in the future will be very promising.I think the team and all the investors who will realize this dream. Join now.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

Both is big time risky. Keeping coins on exchanges is a big NO and joining shared MN is also a big time questionable. What do Zcoin holders specifically use if they have under 1k? Could you please list a few examples?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

I see that the founders have a lot of experience, have the question , how can  tokens  be used in the system?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

Activity: 172
you can store them in a hardware wallet while running a masternode?

that would be awesome!

which hardware wallet?

thanks

Yes, it is possible. They are going to implement ZCoin support for Trezor.
Activity: 20
you can store them in a hardware wallet while running a masternode?

that would be awesome!

which hardware wallet?

thanks
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I only know about the hardware wallet, but if you want to know any other way asking the devs would be your best option. Maybe someone elses knows though. But I love this project and it has a great future the privacy on this coin is in my view far superior than many other privacy coins.
Activity: 20
Hey guys i want to go now for a cheap ZCOIN Masternode....

is there no safe way to store the coins? only in the QT wallet which is easier to hack then a hardware wallet.

thanks
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
I look at you quite briskly here and the project has continuous progress. The community actively discusses a subject. It very much pleases. Perhaps it is worth looking narrowly at a coin further to buy coins. Tell in your opinion when it is better to make it?
Activity: 6
I am thinking of implementing znodes to Zclassic. Then your coin will be worth much less!

You are not trustworthy coin because founders charge fee from block reward.

Activity: 302
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
We are aware of about 20-30% hashrate on some unaccounted pools. We knew this because when we were trying to notify our pools to hard fork, we couldn't find these guys.

Btw, we are aware of some of the concerns of miners that our hashrate is being dominated by botnets. Ocminer from Suprnova mentioned that previously there were some schools etc who complained to him and he identified them from many small hashrates. He does have a point.

I spoke to miningpoolhub on this and he mentioned that this could be CPU miners as well and he brought up that on other coins, there are single entities with much bigger hashing power as well.

So, both sides have valid points.

Regardless of this, MTP is now an absolute priority and coding is well underway. We will post updates as soon as they are available and a more accurate timeframe can be estimated but tentatively should be by the end of Q2 2018 and hence we won't be doing a another transition algorithm since it's not that far off.

We previously had some concerns of pool software as none of our coders are experienced pool coders but we believe that even if we have to launch with solo mining to start with and then organizing a bounty for an open sourced nomp or yiimp pool for MTP, this would be acceptable. A period of solo mining isn't bad and is true decentralization.

As I don't understand too much from the tech perspective, will MTP solve the botnet mining issue once and for all or are there also problems that might come up some time in the future?

As I understood MTP requires large amount of RAM ~10 Gb. Miner activity will affect behavior of average computer much more and thus will reveal itself. As expected botnet performance will be reduced.

So every mining rig would need 12 GB or so of RAM to be able to continue mining ZCoin? That's a hefty additional expense, particularly with DDR4 systems.

That means it does not only successfully prevent botnets from mining, but also negatively impacts all the average miners who have good intentions?

It may be. But miners have intention to do job for network unlike botnet computers which are just victims and tool in hands of botnet master.

Not so much.

"Reuben Yap 7 months ago

It depends on the parameters. The design goal is actually to allow MTP to go up to 10 gb of RAM while remaining lightweight to verify though the reference implementation is 2 gb."

Zcoin MTP video, only 2minutes 49 seconds to understand it.

https://youtu.be/DAJirQaBIzY

That seems to be an interesting solution, but I keep thinking of this always as a cat and mouse game. Like no solution is forever when it coms to technology. I can be totally mistaken because I am not a programmer, but maybe one day those who produce Asics find a way to counter this again? Could that happen?

They call them ASIC resistance algorithms. So they resist but are not ASIC proof.  Because of the memory usage, it increases the cost to produce a machine hopefully making it less profitable for them to make it for this coin/algorithm.  It should do a good job of identifying bots and help reduce those since the memory usage will hopefully alert the user that their computer is infected.

Other than that the mining difficulty is about to crack 29k, ouch.

Another piece of interesting information for me, thank you! I was of the opinion that ASIC resistance in fact means there is usually no way for ASICS to participate. I like this thread Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Can somebody explain how this coin compare to Zclassic, Bitcoin Private (Fork from Zclassic) and Zcash?
Are all these project were forked from Zcash? what did they add in values then compared to Zcash

Main similarity between Zcoin and Zcash is the Zerocoin protocol, all the other ones are just Zcash forks. Some of the differences between Zcoin and Zcash is that Zcoin uses merkle tree and lyra2z as algo and Zcoin does not, there are many other differences in specs that you could research on your own.
Pages:
Jump to: