Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 28. (Read 51065 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
I've installed the Burger wallet and the 'getblockhash 73805' came up with the correct hash but the wallet says "Wrong Chain, Update Your Wallet" is this OK ?

you mean the skull on the right side?
I'll have to remove this graphic, it's still there from the initial test we did on block >=800.

It has a different meaning on testnet. I'll remove it.

Your testnet version is good, don't worry.

I have to figure out how to best adjust the looks of the testnet wallet... can't keep it like that.

I'll create an updated version.

Yes, it's the skull on the right site that's showing, but it's mining OK as I've got a few Burgers mined already.
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
I've installed the Burger wallet and the 'getblockhash 73805' came up with the correct hash but the wallet says "Wrong Chain, Update Your Wallet" is this OK ?

you mean the skull on the right side?
I'll have to remove this graphic, it's still there from the initial test we did on block >=800.

It has a different meaning on testnet. I'll remove it.

Your testnet version is good, don't worry.

I have to figure out how to best adjust the looks of the testnet wallet... can't keep it like that.

I'll create an updated version.
looks like the testnet has previously already dropped so much in hashrate that we have effectively forked a few blocks ago.

So there are now 2 testnet chains, just a few 100 blocks apart, starting at around #73500

So if you want to help with testnet, please check that you are on the right chain.

Visit discord for more info.

Thanks

EDIT: ok we fixed it and got most of the testnet network under our control again.

If you are one of the volunteers that had a testnet BURGER wallet running, please check whether you are on the correct testnet chain by typing:

Code:
getblockhash 73805
ed848f4c6cb6c6c2374aa827b32ceabfca853838b7aca8c97fe44ca9425793be

then you are good.

If you are NOT good, then please delete all your testnet data and resync.

Activity: 457
Merit: 251
Do you have any future develop plan? Right now,I can only see that the new algorithm, there is not any new feature, just like a experimental project.
Zettelkasten Dev
If you want to trade BURGER for ZETTEL please PM me in the zetteltalk forum:

https://www.zetteltalk.org/

Current rate: 1 : 1000 (you will receive 1 ZETTEL for 1000 BURGER)
Zettelkasten Dev
looks like the testnet has previously already dropped so much in hashrate that we have effectively forked a few blocks ago.

So there are now 2 testnet chains, just a few 100 blocks apart, starting at around #73500

So if you want to help with testnet, please check that you are on the right chain.

Visit discord for more info.

Thanks

EDIT: ok we fixed it and got most of the testnet network under our control again.

If you are one of the volunteers that had a testnet BURGER wallet running, please check whether you are on the correct testnet chain by typing:

Code:
getblockhash 73805
ed848f4c6cb6c6c2374aa827b32ceabfca853838b7aca8c97fe44ca9425793be

then you are good.

If you are NOT good, then please delete all your testnet data and resync.
Zettelkasten Dev
Hey guys,

please help to keep testnet alive. It's almost dead right now that I need it, lol.

Please download the BURGERHASH-testnet version here:
https://github.com/zettel-kasten/burgerhash

As an incentive, I am going to pay 1 ZETTEL per 1000 BURGER mined.

Please contact me through PM or over discord/SLACK to sell your BURGERS to me.

Thanks.

Smiley
This coin has gone under radar for me until now... I'll give it a try, only for fun Wink

Definitively give it a go, you have nothing to lose - maybe a bit of time - but a lot to gain.
Zettel sure is a new and interesting idea, give it time and it will be big.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Looks like,Zettelkasten is being noticed Grin
I'm glad,that I started mining at 80 MH/s Cheesy
Couple days ago it was around 300 MH/s

That is considering there hasn't been an exchange yet and no pools yet either, just wait until the net hashrate reaches 1000  Cheesy
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Looks like,Zettelkasten is being noticed Grin
I'm glad,that I started mining at 80 MH/s Cheesy
Couple days ago it was around 300 MH/s
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
This coin has gone under radar for me until now... I'll give it a try, only for fun Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Nice work on the official forum dev  Cool, looking forward for more updates and hopefully Zettel gets listed on a decent exchange soon.

I'd would like to say that, thankfully, EtherDelta is not on the list in the forum.

I thought Etherdelta only listed ERC20 tokens but I've also read they've been hacked multiple times so still definitely not a good choice.

Ah! Should have spotted that one, I've not bothered with ED at all so missed that it's trades ERC20 tokens only.

I only used it a few times for quick trades and never had any problems but I've read many people have had their ETH or tokens stolen there, there's another one called Radar Relay which has better reputation.
Nice work on the official forum dev  Cool, looking forward for more updates and hopefully Zettel gets listed on a decent exchange soon.

I'd would like to say that, thankfully, EtherDelta is not on the list in the forum.

I thought Etherdelta only listed ERC20 tokens but I've also read they've been hacked multiple times so still definitely not a good choice.

Ah! Should have spotted that one, I've not bothered with ED at all so missed that it's trades ERC20 tokens only.
Zettelkasten Dev
...and I'm also the lead dev for Verus Coin

Ah ok, that's why this short post here.

Hi, I've got a reasonable amount of Zettelkasten, mined from the earliest days, and I'm also the lead dev for Verus Coin, another CPU-mineable coin (veruscoin.io). We got listed on digitalprice.io, and they seem to be a solid, well built exchange, though new with low volume. I'm mentioning this because you may want to consider it as well. There is the option to get voted on, or you can request to pay a $1000 listing fee, I believe. Neither I nor Verus Coin are affiliated with digitalprice.io in any way, except the fact that VRSC is listed on them, but I just thought you might have interest.

Thanks, I have added digitalprice.io to our list.
Zettelkasten Dev

The idea is to also put BAD exchanges on the list, so we know to avoid them.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

when the ZETTEL is added to the exchange?

Good question, I have a wallet full of Zettel burning a hole in my pocket. It's like coming back from holiday with a pocket full of funny money and no where to spend it Smiley

We are discussing potential good (and bad) exchanges in the zetteltalk forum:

https://www.zetteltalk.org/viewforum.php?f=4

If you know about an interesting exchange, please add its details in the forum. Thanks!

Also, I started saving a bit of BTC and LTC to have some negotiation capital ready for the exchanges.
It's not much (yet) but I'll just keep on saving, and if some of you guys want to donate towards that cause it will speed up the process for sure.
Read more about it here:

https://www.zetteltalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23

Thanks

Hi, I've got a reasonable amount of Zettelkasten, mined from the earliest days, and I'm also the lead dev for Verus Coin, another CPU-mineable coin (veruscoin.io). We got listed on digitalprice.io, and they seem to be a solid, well built exchange, though new with low volume. I'm mentioning this because you may want to consider it as well. There is the option to get voted on, or you can request to pay a $1000 listing fee, I believe. Neither I nor Verus Coin are affiliated with digitalprice.io in any way, except the fact that VRSC is listed on them, but I just thought you might have interest.
Zettelkasten Dev

when the ZETTEL is added to the exchange?

Good question, I have a wallet full of Zettel burning a hole in my pocket. It's like coming back from holiday with a pocket full of funny money and no where to spend it Smiley

We are discussing potential good (and bad) exchanges in the zetteltalk forum:

https://www.zetteltalk.org/viewforum.php?f=4

If you know about an interesting exchange, please add its details in the forum. Thanks!

Also, I started saving a bit of BTC and LTC to have some negotiation capital ready for the exchanges.
It's not much (yet) but I'll just keep on saving, and if some of you guys want to donate towards that cause it will speed up the process for sure.
Read more about it here:

https://www.zetteltalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23

Thanks
Zettelkasten Dev
Is the main point here to contribute towards the aim of a CPU-only algorithm?  I think this is pretty cool and I also want to understand the architecture of 'why' this would work to be better for a CPU.

Yes, we want to stay CPU-ONLY.

But I never claimed that any of the updates is "better" for a CPU.
The main goal behind BurgerHash is to keep on adding to the complexity of the hash algo so that any GPU-miners that are created will be obsolete after the next update.

The basic premise is that coding for GPUs is magnitudes for complex than coding for CPUs.

Is there something that explains the theory behind why the Burgerhash algorithm is significantly more efficient on a CPU than any other computing platform?

Again, I never claimed that, I never used these words. Please only read what I write, not what others say about BurgerHash. (except of course when they have valid criticisms, which are always welcome)
Also, I do not think that such an algorithm even exists (which is provably more efficient on a CPU than on one of the more advanced GPUs. I know that some claims have been made, but I doubt those functions are valid for POW-hashing)

With BurgerHash I try to add various mathematical angles to the hash algo which will force GPU-miners to do more and more extra work to keep up.

So let me give you one example of my thought-process behind the StickyPuffyCheese-Upgrade:

I know for a fact that with changing size of the input-data you need to change a whole lot more in CUDA then you need when just using the KECCAK function of a library like say sph on CPU.
Padding sizes and what not needs to be specifically adjusted when using CUDA which is not necessary for mere C++ on CPU.
A well-versed GPU-dev might do exactly that, and he might be able to mine ZETTEL on GPU for a few weeks, until I throw some more extra shit his way.

That's the basic idea.

BTW: as POW-hash-research continues I might come up with advanced mechanisms that also decrease the amount of hash-benefit a GPU-miner might get compared to CPU. But this remains to be seen.
Zettelkasten Dev
Quick question about the wallet updates, how will the wallet let us know when there is an update available - will it flash in big red letter "Update Now!" Smiley
20k block before HF there will be notification like this in your wallet

and if you don't update wallet, after HF you will be getting this

Ah, I like it, clear and unequivocal. I'll keep a look out for it.

Exactly. This will be the format of...

---> Warning ---> Update ---> Fork

that we will keep on doing basically forever.
In a predetermined fashion, exactly on every 100k-th block, and always with added complexity for the hash algo (plus other functionality that might require fork)
Quick question about the wallet updates, how will the wallet let us know when there is an update available - will it flash in big red letter "Update Now!" Smiley
20k block before HF there will be notification like this in your wallet

and if you don't update wallet, after HF you will be getting this

Ah, I like it, clear and unequivocal. I'll keep a look out for it.
Pages:
Jump to: