Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 29. (Read 51065 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 0
Quick question about the wallet updates, how will the wallet let us know when there is an update available - will it flash in big red letter "Update Now!" Smiley
20k block before HF there will be notification like this in your wallet
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/461012369821138945/463145509951897610/burgerhash-test1-scr.jpg
and if you don't update wallet, after HF you will be getting this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/461012369821138945/463145512615280640/warning_wrong_fork.png
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Quick question about the wallet updates, how will the wallet let us know when there is an update available - will it flash in big red letter "Update Now!" Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Announcement:

So this is definitely going to happen at block 200k:

Burgerhash V3 , StickyPuffyCheese will be added to Burgerhash V2 so that we will have

SpreadDoubleKetchupPrimeGradeABeefStickyPuffyCheese >= block 200k

Schematics of Burgerhash V3 coming soon. (in a nutshell:we will be sinus transforming the input-sizes of the two Keccak functions which will result in more work for these two Keccak functions)

There were a few words that I've seen before in what was just described:  Keccak, Schematics, transforming, nutshell, functions, input-sizes...  This all sounds very interesting but I do not fully understand why it is important to do what you are doing and I would also like to understand the technical side of why it works as you intend it to work.

Is the main point here to contribute towards the aim of a CPU-only algorithm?  I think this is pretty cool and I also want to understand the architecture of 'why' this would work to be better for a CPU.

Is there something that explains the theory behind why the Burgerhash algorithm is significantly more efficient on a CPU than any other computing platform?  I guess I am looking for a comparison/contrast between burger hash and other block diagram/flow chart illustrations of other algorithms.  Not asking for anything new... just maybe a link to other algorithms.  The burgerhash is pretty well illustrated here by the author/developer.  I'm just looking for the connecting info to understand the comparisons better.

Oh... and a for example:  so like there are comparisons of what it would take to do certain things on something like an FPGA or ASIC platform.  I think I read somewhere that to do Xevan on an FPGA one would have to link up two FGPA cards (something like $7500 worth of equipment) just to get a working FPGA product on Xevan which is pretty cost prohibitive for most miners)... This is sort of why I am asking... to get the bigger picture of hardware results and requirements to do the same thing between platforms.
Activity: 25
Xeon e5-2650  16 threads     Ubuntu 16.04   -   250 kH/s
                                       Windows 10 x64  - 120 kH/s
why is this happening?  Huh

You could use WSL and enjoy your Ubuntu hashrate on Win10:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10
Activity: 3
Xeon e5-2650  16 threads     Ubuntu 16.04   -   250 kH/s
                                       Windows 10 x64  - 120 kH/s
why is this happening?  Huh
Activity: 50

when the ZETTEL is added to the exchange?

Good question, I have a wallet full of Zettel burning a hole in my pocket. It's like coming back from holiday with a pocket full of funny money and no where to spend it Smiley
Activity: 33

when the ZETTEL is added to the exchange?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
What is the total  coin supply?

30 Million ZETTEL

It's as easy as checking the block explorer or your wallet's console with the right command. Glad to see the dev is still around and hasn't bailed yet btw.
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
Activity: 2
What is the total  coin supply?
Zettelkasten Dev
Linux Qt Wallet crash that happened when starting/stopping miner in the mining-tab has been fixed:

https://github.com/zettel-kasten/zettelkasten/commit/1e13de2e7bc603e39329c30f9bfe4876e2039abc

I have opened an issue to explore why this specifically only happens on linux and can be solved by removing a certain piece of code:

https://github.com/zettel-kasten/zettelkasten/issues/8

All other versions (win and mac and linux daemon are unaffected by this)

New linux wallet binary: https://zettelkasten.org/zettelkasten-linux64.tar.gz
(same version just new build)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Is the coin dead yet?  Cheesy. Not a lot going on it seems other than upgrades on the algo, I wonder if there will be a website soon.
Activity: 93
I had wallet 0.9.16.1 running on my Windows 10 x64 PC and decided to run a backup on my Windows 7 x64 PC. So I installed wallet 0.9.16.2 on the Win7 PC, ran it to create folders then shut it down, but did not let it fully sync before copying wallet from the Win10 PC to the Win7 PC - problems then arose.
The Win10 wallet was about 88K bytes in size.

I have now got it working, this is how.
I deleted everything on the Win7 PC and reinstalled wallet 0.9.16.2 and let it fully sync on the Win7 PC, then imported key from Win10 PC, but not all the Zettel showed up in wallet, so I sent all the Zettel in the Win10 PC to myself and the full balance is now showing in the Win7 PC.

But of a fuss but got there in the end.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
Set it to mine all coins in same address (in zettelkasten.conf file), one that you have private keys saved.
I'm having a problem with wallet 0.9.16.2.
I installed it on my Windows 7 x64 machine, run it then closed it and copied my 'wallet.dat' over the default wallet. ...

where did your initial wallet.dat come from?

I just tested importing wallet.dat from linux to linux, linux to win, win to win and win to linux and it all works without problem.

Maybe your wallet.dat is corrupted.
Did you have any recent crashes?

What size does your wallet.dat have?

I had wallet 0.9.16.1 running on my Windows 10 x64 PC and decided to run a backup on my Windows 7 x64 PC. So I installed wallet 0.9.16.2 on the Win7 PC, ran it to create folders then shut it down, but did not let it fully sync before copying wallet from the Win10 PC to the Win7 PC - problems then arose.
The Win10 wallet was about 88K bytes in size.

I have now got it working, this is how.
I deleted everything on the Win7 PC and reinstalled wallet 0.9.16.2 and let it fully sync on the Win7 PC, then imported key from Win10 PC, but not all the Zettel showed up in wallet, so I sent all the Zettel in the Win10 PC to myself and the full balance is now showing in the Win7 PC.

But of a fuss but got there in the end.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

Zettelkasten Dev
Announcement:

So this is definitely going to happen at block 200k:

Burgerhash V3 , StickyPuffyCheese will be added to Burgerhash V2 so that we will have

SpreadDoubleKetchupPrimeGradeABeefStickyPuffyCheese >= block 200k

Schematics of Burgerhash V3 coming soon. (in a nutshell:we will be sinus transforming the input-sizes of the two Keccak functions which will result in more work for these two Keccak functions)
Zettelkasten Dev
it's nice to see that dev still here supporting the project!

Why would a dev stop supporting his own project?
That would be like a mom leaving their child.... Huh

Is there any plan to launch the pool ?

For a pool to be launched it needs to be developed first (with Spread POK mechanism in mind)
Not sure anyone has done that yet.
Zettelkasten Dev
I installed it on my Windows 7 x64 machine, run it then closed it and copied my 'wallet.dat' over the default wallet. ...

where did your initial wallet.dat come from?

I just tested importing wallet.dat from linux to linux, linux to win, win to win and win to linux and it all works without problem.

Maybe your wallet.dat is corrupted.
Did you have any recent crashes?

What size does your wallet.dat have?
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
it's nice to see that dev still here supporting the project!

Is there any plan to launch the pool ?
I installed it on my Windows 7 x64 machine, run it then closed it and copied my 'wallet.dat' over the default wallet. Then restarted the wallet, it runs for a while (syncing and sees my wallet balance) but it crashes at syncing time '20 hours behind' with errors

"System error: CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"

"A fatal error occurred. ZettelKasten can no longer continue safely and will quit.
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974       
I:\Wallets\Zettel 0.9.16.2\zettelkasten-qt.exe in Runaway exception
"

Any help ?
Pages:
Jump to: