Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 4. (Read 50991 times)

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi guys

Okay, just finished 24 hours+ of testing across 3 PC's, all running 12 threads using the latest Zettelkasten pre-compiled binaries.
All connected directly to same 24 port switch.

Specs
PC 1 - Ryzen 1800x (@3.6 ghz), 2 x 8GB 3200mhz, ssd, Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
PC 2 - Ryzen  1700 (@3.0 ghz), 2 x 4GB 2933mhz, hdd, LinuxLite 4.8
PC 3 - Ryzen 1800x (@3.6 ghz), 2 x 8GB 3200mhz, ssd, Win 10 (2004 fully updated)(No AV running)

So,
PC1, average 435 kh/s - 28 blocks mined, ~191 coins (Ubuntu 16)
PC2, average 402 kh/s - 21 blocks mined, ~142 coins (LinuxLite 4.Cool
PC3, average 429 kh/s - 16 blocks mined, ~108 coins (Win 10)

I have to say, the Win 10 results are exactly as I expected, obviously depends on the nethash, the LinuxLite results made me smile, on the 1700, i have never mined so many blocks (note lower ram speed, and capacity), as for the Ubuntu 16 results, well astounding !!!

I have tried the linux binaries, on Ubuntu 18.04,and 20.04, Linux Mint 18.2, 19.1, 19.2, 19.3 and 20, also Linux Lite 4.8, but not yet 5.0
I can honestly say, i never thought of going for an older distro, but 16.04 seems to be the best for me.
I have zero idea, why my Win 10 results are so poor.

If i get time, i'll try LinuxLite 5, and re-test Ubuntu 20 and Mint 20, i think i might even try Win 7 (perhaps its just Win 10 that is so crap)
If anyone knows how to compile on Linux, i'd love to try it...

I've also looked at my power usage.
PC1 - 234 watts full pc (1060 6GB) @ 18p kh/h = £1.01 + 1/5 of daily standing charge (65p/5=13p) = £1.14
PC2 - 160 watts full pc (1030 2GB) @ 18p kh/h = £0.69 + 1/5 of daily standing charge (65p/5=13p) = £0.82
PC3 - 224 watts full pc (1060 6GB) @ 18p kh/h = £0.97 + 1/5 of daily standing charge (65p/5=13p) = £1.10

So, my max mined was 191 coins, according to safetrade i could get 0.00000011 BTC each, so 0.00002101 BTC a day, which is approx £0.18
BUT, it would cost £1.14 to mine them, so a daily loss of £0.96

Or i could simply buy 191 coins @ 0.00000018 BTC each = 0.00003438 BTC or £0.30 which would save me £1.14 - £0.30 = £0.84 over mining the coins, or roughly a 3rd cheaper to buy rather than mine.

I appreciate, these are only my rough figures, with UK costs, on this particular 24hour period, and are unlikely to be close to anyone elses figures, but i just thought i would share my findings.

J
The 8 year veteran using the exact cpu you accused me of not using

That's not what happened though.

You came here whining that you only make "much less than 100 ZTTL a day"
so naturally I assumed that you use weak hardware, which is why I said "don't use raspberry"

You then acted all insulted that I don't know your specific CPU model off the top of my head:

LOL...you should no better than to make poor assumptions, we have spoken many times before.

I don't even know you.
Are you active on discord? Under what name?

I vaguely remember you from some posts you did here in the past,
and I think you sent me one or the other weird private message through this forum,
that I didn't even bother to answer.

Other than that, who are you, and why are you suddenly acting so self-important?

You weird behavior started yesterday right after I reprimanded some other guy (an obvious troll account).
Why? What was the matter there?

You also still haven't told me what i should be making with 400-500kh/s.

You know exactly how much you are supposed to make statistically.
The rest is luck and/or self-inflicted

Now you are not being genuine.

I was not "whining" about only making 100 coins, i was stating a fact...it wasn't even a criticism, but clearly you took i as such.

I don't believe i have ever PM you. ( i could be wrong )

I believe my 1st msg on here was back in early 2018, and even back then i was concerned that i seemed to be struggling to mine blocks with the windows wallet.
If you could be bothered to read my posts, you will find that not only have i made very supportive comments about this coin, Funny thing is on July 31st you used my burger to zettel transactions in discord to promote your burger/zettel swap (my 2 lots of 5000). Which i was quite happy to see.

However i have always said that i struggle with the windows wallet.

Various people have made suggestions, and thou my hashrate seems reasonable, the blocks mined is not. I have posted my specs in most of those posts.

I have tried Mint 19, and posted my results a long time ago..same issue...good hash, very few blocks.
I even recounted, how i tried mining for 1 day on 2 machines, and didn't mine 1 block, but when i restarted 1 wallet, i started to get a few blocks, the other machine still hadn't received a block in 48 hours.
So i have always raised concerns over the windows wallet....

Having said that, during our spat yesterday, i downloaded your latest linux wallet, onto Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS, and started it running 14 hours ago...it has averaged 437 khs and mined me 17 blocks (115 coins). This way more than i have ever achieved before....and looks like it may even be 200 coins within 24 hours.

Whilst that is awesome, 40 minutes later, i also put the latest on linuxlite 4.8, and in 13 hours, at 400 kh/s i have mined only 10 blocks (68 coins)...seems a little low blockwise, but no biggy, however i also set up a clean win 10pc with the latest wallet, and in the same 13 hours, 432 kh/s i get 6 blocks (40 coins)...

So it would appear there is a massive difference not in the speed of mining, but in the number of blocks produced....which is something i have consistently said about the windows wallet for 2 years....

Having said that, although you think i was just "whinging", i was actually saying that using my figures that it was pointless mining, and much better to buy...well for the windows wallet, for me, that is completely true, and BUT since the linux wallet on Ubuntu16 seems to be finding many more blocks, then i will go redo the math.

I am not, and have never been a linux guy, i can type "./autogen.sh, ./configure, and make -j 8", or" qmake, make -j 8", but that is about my limit on linux, so when your source fails to compile which, for me it has on Ubu 16,18,19,20, Mint 18,19, LinuxLite 4.8 and 5  then i can only try the binaries, which although hashrate wise seem very similar, seem in my case to produce very different numbers of blocks mined...

I have to say, having been quite supportive of this coin, and you, in many posts, i find it disheartening that you are so quick to dispute my numbers....and very strange that when asked for expected yields, you simply reply, that i should know them, but fail to actually give any indication...

Anyway, enough.
I will post my 24 hour results

edit, i did send you 1 PM. It was regarding old alt coins, and asking if you knew anything about setting up a block explorer, you never bothered to reply.
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
The 8 year veteran using the exact cpu you accused me of not using

That's not what happened though.

You came here whining that you only make "much less than 100 ZTTL a day"
so naturally I assumed that you use weak hardware, which is why I said "don't use raspberry"

You then acted all insulted that I don't know your specific CPU model off the top of my head:

LOL...you should no better than to make poor assumptions, we have spoken many times before.

I don't even know you.
Are you active on discord? Under what name?

I vaguely remember you from some posts you did here in the past,
and I think you sent me one or the other weird private message through this forum,
that I didn't even bother to answer.

Other than that, who are you, and why are you suddenly acting so self-important?

Your weird behavior started yesterday right after I reprimanded some other guy (an obvious troll account).
Why? What was the matter there?

You know exactly how much you are supposed to make statistically.
The rest is luck and/or self-inflicted

Doesn't work without registering...nevermind, the pics are in the links

It works without registering, but you have to embed each pic with its own link, not your whole pic collection as one link.

Your hashrate seems reasonable and within what's to be expected for your CPU model.
Now why you only make "much less than 100 ZTTL" with such a PC I don't know.

My Ryzen x1700 make about 480 kH/s

You said your 1700 makes only 350 kH/s? Seems a bit slow.

Something must be throttling you or cause large irregularities over the span of time.

I suggest you first of all make sure that you keep at least 20 -30 connections to other peers at all times.
(open port 51339)

Then try mining with the daemon only for a while, in text-mode, it should run even slightly faster then.

Also come to discord and ask others about their mining experience: https://discord.gg/Ef7x2qA

But please ask them nicely, don't approach them prejudiced like this or they might get pissed:

I think the reality, is simple, i think most people mine blindly, forgetting the costs of their PC, and using "borrowed" power (parents, schools, work, rented accomodation) and therefore have no real idea if they are making money or not....

Oh, you must mean like the nice way you approached me...The 8 year veteran using the exact cpu you accused me of not using

"But your calculation does NOT apply to everyone, and that is exactly where an opportunity for some can present itself.

Obviously if you can't even mine 100 ZTTL a day (which is like 14 blocks, or 1 % of all blocks),
it means you have allocated very weak hardware to this project that is capable of mining not more than 200 kH/s.
What is this, a couple of raspberry pi's?

I would say almost everyone who mines ZTTL right now is doing so with AMD Ryzen CPU's.
(Which makes sense because of the SHA extensions those CPU have)

You are the exception."

Zettelkasten Dev

It works without registering, but you have to embed each pic with its own link, not your whole pic collection as one link.

Your hashrate seems reasonable and within what's to be expected for your CPU model.
Now why you only make "much less than 100 ZTTL" with such a PC I don't know.

My Ryzen x1700 make about 480 kH/s

You said your 1700 makes only 350 kH/s? Seems a bit slow.

Something must be throttling you or cause large irregularities over the span of time.

I suggest you first of all make sure that you keep at least 20 -30 connections to other peers at all times.
(open port 51339)

Then try mining with the daemon only for a while, in text-mode, it should run even slightly faster then.

Also come to discord and ask others about their mining experience: https://discord.gg/Ef7x2qA

But please ask them nicely, don't approach them prejudiced like this or they might get pissed:

I think the reality, is simple, i think most people mine blindly, forgetting the costs of their PC, and using "borrowed" power (parents, schools, work, rented accomodation) and therefore have no real idea if they are making money or not....
No idea how you insert images

use https://imgur.com/ to upload pic
and then click on "..." (top right corner of pic)
then choose "Get Share Links"  and then "BBCode (Forums)",

you can post bbcode segment here and the pic will show

Zettelkasten Dev
No idea how you insert images

use https://imgur.com/ to upload pic
and then click on "..." (top right corner of pic)
then choose "Get Share Links"  and then "BBCode (Forums)",

you can post bbcode segment here and the pic will show
No idea how you insert images, so here goes

https://gofile.io/d/2UC1Yc
https://imgur.com/a/RTRScdd

This is R1800x, stock, 16GB ram, SSD. 1060 6GB - Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

0 threads, 4, 8k, 12, 15 and 16
0, 200kh/s, 388 kh/s, 457 kh/s, 500 kh/s, 510 kh/s

Clean install, debug file deleted, wallet deleted, after sync, so both will be empty

Zettelkasten Dev
other reasons (next to bad connectivity) why your mining performance may suck:

1) bloated wallet.dat
(a very large amount of tx in your wallet will slow down your node considerably.
I suggest you start a fresh wallet.dat every now and then)

2) not leaving a CPU thread free for the node:
(ZTTL uses an in-wallet-CPU-miner. So the node and the miner are running on the same CPU.
If your mining process uses 100% of all threads, then your node may be struggling to keep up.
Doesn't have to be this way, but it could be an issue on the system you are using.)

3) check your debug.log
Are there unusual disconnects or error reports?

I am mining with a 1700, and a 1800x....they both get around 350-450khs thats all and that gets me much less than 100 coins a day per pc, always has done, besides,
If you know of anyone mining with an 1800x getting substantially more than 450kh/s then they are not using your windows wallet....
I also tried mining burgerbot, which on the surface seems much better, but due to the extremely poor swap rate, actually works out to be even less profitable....

So,if i am wrong, then fair enuff, but lets see some proof of certain hashrates and the coins they mine per day, cos for me 15t on my 1800x is a complete waste of time.

I don't make any assumptions, I don't have to.

Net hashrate has been steadily around 20 MH/s.
If you mine with a combined 800 kH/s (4% of net hashrate) and mine "much less than 100 coins a day per pc",
then I can't help but think you are doing something wrong. (connectivity, orphans, etc)

Or you are exaggerating.

Mining is not for everyone.

I think you might need to look at upping the reward

lol, I can't believe you would recommend something like that....
changing protocol just because you are not happy with your mining results.

PMSL.
I have been mining over 8 years, and mine over 200 live altcoins, with another 1500 old wallets

Not really sure what you are suggesting with "think you might be doing something wrong", you wallet has a mining tab, with a slider and a start button, not really sure what I could be doing wrong....
I have zero connectivity issues, no idea about orphans your wallet doesnt give all the facts, but i am in the UK, so there may be a latency issue...

Also, going back to the original argument, if its cheaper to buy coins than to mine them, then unless their is a specific benefit to mining over simply buying the coins, then there is absolutely no point in mining.
I usually get the old nugget, well you have to mine to keep the blockchain moving, well that is true, but 1 block a day keeps the blockchain moving

As for increasing the rewards, i think you'll find that it is a popular solution when the cost of mining is so out of kilter with the cost of buying, and has been done with many popular coins....but, het whay do i know

Perhaps, instead of being defensive,  like i say, post some screenshots of hashrates, and some daily rewards.

Just to see if i am "exaggerting", i could be wrong, i am just downloading your latest linux gui wallet, and will see what hashrates i get...

Zettelkasten Dev

I am mining with a 1700, and a 1800x....they both get around 350-450khs thats all and that gets me much less than 100 coins a day per pc, always has done, besides,
If you know of anyone mining with an 1800x getting substantially more than 450kh/s then they are not using your windows wallet....
I also tried mining burgerbot, which on the surface seems much better, but due to the extremely poor swap rate, actually works out to be even less profitable....

So,if i am wrong, then fair enuff, but lets see some proof of certain hashrates and the coins they mine per day, cos for me 15t on my 1800x is a complete waste of time.

I don't make any assumptions, I don't have to.

Net hashrate has been steadily around 20 MH/s.
If you mine with a combined 800 kH/s (4% of net hashrate) and mine "much less than 100 coins a day per pc",
then I can't help but think you are doing something wrong. (connectivity, orphans, etc)

Or you are exaggerating.

Mining is not for everyone.

I think you might need to look at upping the reward

lol, I can't believe you would recommend something like that....
changing protocol just because you are not happy with your mining results.

Please, it's really that simple:
the stats are the way they are.
if it doesn't work for you, you'll have to move on.
 Roll Eyes
ZETTEL is now listed on unnamed.exchange
https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange?market=ZETTEL_BTC

yes, has been for a while.
People should use this exchange more, sometimes they can get a better price there.

Recommended to keep both exchanges in your eyes for sure

Even if you get a better price, this project is dying.
Nobody wants this coin?!!?  So why buy it from miners

I looked through your posts of today.

You literally went to a dozen coins and told them they are dead or dying.

What are you doing with your life?

Hi Zettelkasten,

Whilst i don't agree the coin is dead, i have to say i too am struggling to continue to mine it.
It costs around 5-10x to mine compared to simply buying...lets face it, with a value of 0.00000002 BTC / coin, even if you could mine 1000 coins per day ( i can't even mine 100), you would still only earn 0.00002000 BTC, thats £0.18 in the UK, and would cost around £1.50-£2 to mine....
I think you might need to look at upping the reward, or to be frank, as a mining coin, it is pretty much dead.....as a currency, who knows....
Before everyone moans at me, seriously guys, if anyone is mining with a decent cpu 8 core and above, and is happy making less than 10p a day, with £1-2 a day power costs, then i think you're in the wrong game.
Perhaps, in the first few 1000 blocks, when a new coin comes out, and you take a chance holding for a year or 2, but if its a mature coin (which this is now) at this production rate, only makes sense to buy....

No problem with your assessment.

Everyone has to make their own calculation whether it's worth it or not.
But your calculation does NOT apply to everyone, and that is exactly where an opportunity for some can present itself.

Obviously if you can't even mine 100 ZTTL a day (which is like 14 blocks, or 1 % of all blocks),
it means you have allocated very weak hardware to this project that is capable of mining not more than 200 kH/s.

I would say almost everyone who mines ZTTL right now is doing so with AMD Ryzen CPU's.

You are the exception.

If you believe long term in this project, buying it right now is indeed cheaper.
Mining with efficient hardware is the second best thing.
But mining with weak hardware is questionable, as your example demonstrates

Zettelkasten Dev

People should use this exchange more, sometimes they can get a better price there.

Nobody wants this coin?!!?  So why buy it from miners

Hi Zettelkasten,

Whilst i don't agree the coin is dead, i have to say i too am struggling to continue to mine it.
It costs around 5-10x to mine compared to simply buying...lets face it, with a value of 0.00000002 BTC / coin, even if you could mine 1000 coins per day ( i can't even mine 100), you would still only earn 0.00002000 BTC, thats £0.18 in the UK, and would cost around £1.50-£2 to mine....
I think you might need to look at upping the reward, or to be frank, as a mining coin, it is pretty much dead.....as a currency, who knows....
Before everyone moans at me, seriously guys, if anyone is mining with a decent cpu 8 core and above, and is happy making less than 10p a day, with £1-2 a day power costs, then i think you're in the wrong game.
Perhaps, in the first few 1000 blocks, when a new coin comes out, and you take a chance holding for a year or 2, but if its a mature coin (which this is now) at this production rate, only makes sense to buy....

No problem with your assessment.

Everyone has to make their own calculation whether it's worth it or not.
But your calculation does NOT apply to everyone, and that is exactly where an opportunity for some can present itself.

You are the exception.

If you believe long term in this project, buying it right now is indeed cheaper.
Mining with efficient hardware is the second best thing.
But mining with weak hardware is questionable, as your example demonstrates

Nobody wants this coin?!!?  So why buy it from miners

Hi Zettelkasten,

Zettelkasten Dev

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

Zettelkasten Dev
com join our discord. https://discord.gg/cngMDN

You can also mine testnet coins (BURGER) and trade them for ZTTL 100 : 1

Ask on discord...

More info here : https://www.zetteltalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28

Wow, someone got some cheap coins today (3 sat) & they could have sold them for (15 sat) @ https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange?market=ZETTEL_BTC Huh They have to run out of coins to sell sooner than later, it doesn't even cover mining cost to sell that low & if they are trying to lower the sell wall to pick up cheaper coins? It's not working  Shocked Don't sell your coins for less than it's worth to mine them, might as well hold them for the future & not sell @ a loss Cool Time to build a buy wall again, so the sell wall doesn't drop from the 30's Grin

P.S. don't forget to update Twitter every once in a while Wink

yeah, someone doesn't play by economic rules, rather by emotional ones, lol.

BTW, I don't control the twitter account https://twitter.com/zettelcrypto (it's another member of the community, since the pandemic a few guys seem to have disappeared or lost interest, but we'll clean up all the loose ends soon).
But I have started my own zettelkasten-dev related twitter account here: https://twitter.com/zettelkastendev

I will post there regularly. (careful I also post political and general stuff there)
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications

Ask on discord...

Wow, someone got some cheap coins today (3 sat) & they could have sold them for (15 sat) @ https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange?market=ZETTEL_BTC Huh They have to run out of coins to sell sooner than later, it doesn't even cover mining cost to sell that low & if they are trying to lower the sell wall to pick up cheaper coins? It's not working  Shocked Don't sell your coins for less than it's worth to mine them, might as well hold them for the future & not sell @ a loss Cool Time to build a buy wall again, so the sell wall doesn't drop from the 30's Grin

P.S. don't forget to update Twitter every once in a while Wink
Zettelkasten Dev

Ask on discord...

Zettelkasten Dev

https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange?market=ZETTEL_BTC has been having better buy/sell orders than Safe.Trade, just not as big of a buy wall as Safe.Trade does. So if any ZTTL supporters have some spare BTC to add to the buy wall there, it would really help.

ZTTL are really cheap now, but will not be in the future. See some big plans for the ZTTL on discord & am sure the prices will not be this low for too long, someone is pushing the market down to pick up cheap ZTTL from the looks of it Undecided

Absolutely, most people aren't aware that there will only ever be 30 Million ZTTL ever.
Ever! Even in 100 years.
Pages:
Jump to: