Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ZOI] Zoin - Zerocoin based privacy - CPU - No founder's reward - 0.8.7.4 - page 74. (Read 139845 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Can someone explain me something? Was watching novaexchange and someone just bought ZOI at nice rate, and few minutes later there was sale at half that price? Are the dumpers really so crazy to sell mined coins at any price?

sometimes they do, as long as it's profitable for them.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Can someone drop a hint on the rpc port info thanks, also a slack invite
Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven
Can someone explain me something? Was watching novaexchange and someone just bought ZOI at nice rate, and few minutes later there was sale at half that price? Are the dumpers really so crazy to sell mined coins at any price?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Any miner here that can help me to mine using wallet or pools I have been trying but no success and would like to ask also how profitable mining this coin at this point of time.
I've uploaded my miner file for you;You must modify the .bat file with your credentials to connect to your pool.
Anyone feel free to use this miner too.It's the last cpuminer-opt-3.4.11
http://www.filedropper.com/cpuminer-opt-3411-windows
Any miner here that can help me to mine using wallet or pools I have been trying but no success and would like to ask also how profitable mining this coin at this point of time.
Your miner bat file should look like this: cpuminer -a lyra2zoin -o stratum+tcp://zoin.suprnova.cc:2876 -u user.1 -p x
Profit at this time, well price is dumped down, who knows what comes next.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
I created 10 zerocoins via console:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zoi/block.dws?4580.htm

Values than you can use:
mintzerocoin (1,10,25,50,100)

But how do you use the zerocoins? How to create untraceable transactions with it? I thought originally the Zoin itself will be used for the untraceable transactions...

OK I got it by reading the previous posts... but why have to do these manually? I think GUI should provide a checkbox "send it untraceble" and then system will do the conversions back and forth internally, there's no need to reveal zerocoin explicitly as it is just for internal usage.

Values than you can use:

Guess your transaction shows 100 ZOI instead of 10? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
How do you know that you are mining using your wallet I entered setgeneratetrue-4 in the windows console
and is it still profitable to solo mine,having problems mining on pool the batch files won't work for me ..
hi dev, any ETA when we will on new exchange, at least Yobit, we need trade volume  Smiley
We need that dumpers stop dumping, there are two exchanges and both have the same reasults..

You're right about dumpers, but in a very low trade volume on those 2 exchanges, it's very easy to manipulated the price to the floor, because there is no trade volume. That's why we need a bigger exchange and trade volume, to reach more investors and supporters.
Ok, so next exchange, C-cex and Yobit?

Yobit is a good place for zoincoin,because there are many traders here and I'm actively trade here all the other coins with similar algos like we are are doing good here with a lot of volume.
But there is a listing fee here I hope the dev can shoulder this one.
Yes 0.1btc for listing. Well if we could get that together we can put Zoin at better exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
hi dev, any ETA when we will on new exchange, at least Yobit, we need trade volume  Smiley
We need that dumpers stop dumping, there are two exchanges and both have the same reasults..

You're right about dumpers, but in a very low trade volume on those 2 exchanges, it's very easy to manipulated the price to the floor, because there is no trade volume. That's why we need a bigger exchange and trade volume, to reach more investors and supporters.

Yobit is a good place for zoincoin,because there are many traders here and I'm actively trade here all the other coins with similar algos like we are are doing good here with a lot of volume.
But there is a listing fee here I hope the dev can shoulder this one.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gon Totto
hi dev, any ETA when we will on new exchange, at least Yobit, we need trade volume  Smiley

one of them will be good, both are perfect  Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

Values than you can use:

But how do you use the zerocoins? How to create untraceable transactions with it? I thought originally the Zoin itself will be used for the untraceable transactions...

Gon Totto

Gon Totto
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Also dev what's the difference between lyra2 and lyra2-zoin? why create a different flavor? When I check the Lyra2 code, I don't see any differences though.

The Lyra algorithm is the same, it just uses different parameters. Originally ZCoin had unsustainable parameters for Lyra, as explained here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16863305

If ZCoin didn't change the algo, it would have needed more and more memory and got slower and slower until most machines would not be able to do the hash.

Zoin had to change the original ZCoin algo for this reason.

It's nice that Zoin improved ZCoin. Why do we use Lyra2 here at all? Any adavantages? Would it be the same to use scrypt or X11 etc as PoW while still keeping the zerocoin features?

The algo could be changed yes. Lyra was kept because it is heavy on memory usage, which favours CPU mining and this could make GPU implementation inefficient. Previous versions of hash algos based on lyra2 used parameters that were too small to give problems for GPU. And ZCoins version was/is too extreme. We'll see what the outcome is, but if we decide to change the algo, it could be implemented as a hard fork.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Also dev what's the difference between lyra2 and lyra2-zoin? why create a different flavor? When I check the Lyra2 code, I don't see any differences though.

The Lyra algorithm is the same, it just uses different parameters. Originally ZCoin had unsustainable parameters for Lyra, as explained here:

If ZCoin didn't change the algo, it would have needed more and more memory and got slower and slower until most machines would not be able to do the hash.

It's nice that Zoin improved ZCoin. Why do we use Lyra2 here at all? Any adavantages? Would it be the same to use scrypt or X11 etc as PoW while still keeping the zerocoin features?
If we look at history,zerocoin as a feature made to be implemented to Bitcoin so an sha256 coin.I think there is no change if it will be implemented to any other algo,it depends on the dev skills.
Activity: 551

Activity: 938

Great, thanks dev for the explanation.
Pages:
Jump to: