Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ZOI] Zoin - Zerocoin based privacy - CPU - No founder's reward - 0.8.7.4 - page 75. (Read 139845 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
Also dev what's the difference between lyra2 and lyra2-zoin? why create a different flavor? When I check the Lyra2 code, I don't see any differences though.
Well I have to ask if you people can read, and if yes can you think about what you see on monitor? This coin is based on Zcoin, which is using Lyra2rev2 algo, it is different than Lyra2, you can not mine it using Lyra2.

Are you stupid or simply don't know how to talk?? I know this coin is based on Zcoin, my question is why Zoin don't use the same algo as Zcoin so that Zcoin's miner will work? Why we have to create a different miner for Zoin (cpuminer-zoin)?
Well first of all I did not attacked you as you attacked me. The second thing is if you read about Lyra2 and Lyra2rev2 and this algo you can not mine this coin with one and the same miner, each has its own settings. So there you need different miner.

Well you started impolite conversations. Anyway I appreciate you answered the question. When I looked at the code for Zcoin and Zoin, I did not see anything difference on Lyra2 code, I am not sure the calling parameters are different. I will check the code from both coins.
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
sell all coins at 250k - up    Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Also dev what's the difference between lyra2 and lyra2-zoin? why create a different flavor? When I check the Lyra2 code, I don't see any differences though.

The Lyra algorithm is the same, it just uses different parameters. Originally ZCoin had unsustainable parameters for Lyra, as explained here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16863305

If ZCoin didn't change the algo, it would have needed more and more memory and got slower and slower until most machines would not be able to do the hash.

Zoin had to change the original ZCoin algo for this reason.
Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven
Well this is nice, but price is dumped down. We need to pump it somehow up again. If only dumpers hold little bit longer those who want to buy will have to accept our sell price.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Coincontrol does it(change). Just change address to custom.
Only the amount of 1 coin is a big lag with gui.
So you say with rcp commands you can use other values than 1 coin to mint zero?

Is it there in zoin? Looked for it but didn't see it anywhere

Haven't tried the rpc but it looks like the calls are:
mintzerocoin - mintzerocoin (1,10,25,50,100)
spendzerocoin - spendzerocoin (1,10,25,50,100)

From the code here:
https://github.com/zoin/zoin/blob/master/src/rpcwallet.cpp#L1624

Think the limited possible amounts are for privacy. Otherwise it's easy to tell just by amounts which spend is linked to which mint.
already done minting zerocoins and here how to proceed.
-if you have set a password for your wallet so you must begin with : walletpassphrase
-after unlocking your wallet type : mintzerocoin
I've tested with 10 coins
hope it help Wink
Activity: 44
Coincontrol does it(change). Just change address to custom.
Only the amount of 1 coin is a big lag with gui.
So you say with rcp commands you can use other values than 1 coin to mint zero?

Is it there in zoin? Looked for it but didn't see it anywhere

Haven't tried the rpc but it looks like the calls are:
mintzerocoin - mintzerocoin (1,10,25,50,100)
spendzerocoin - spendzerocoin (1,10,25,50,100)

From the code here:
https://github.com/zoin/zoin/blob/master/src/rpcwallet.cpp#L1624

Think the limited possible amounts are for privacy. Otherwise it's easy to tell just by amounts which spend is linked to which mint.
I tested above, sent one anonymous coin to kamikaza.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16869434

Feeling the pain creating only 1 zerocoin at time.
Is there any solution for this?

Didn't see a way in the GUI but it could be done through the RPC. Think you also have to use RPC right now for anonymous send, otherwise it can come from any of your addresses. You have to restrict it carefully to only the address you received back to after redeeming zerocoin. Other addresses are linked to your previous receives so not anonymous. I did it manually on command line in my test.

Probably these things will be added to GUI over time
Can someone explain to me what is the "Zerocoin" menu in the client for? Can we mint zerocoin, is it another coin?

It's a financial privacy feature. Core feature of the zerocoin protocol zoin is based on. Someone described it here:

It will mint a new single coin that comes from nowhere. It's a 0. Transaction coin
It has a transaction fee of .001 and you have to have one to mint it...
It is how you make untraceable transactions

The idea is you can mint a zerocoin which costs some amount of the normal currency (here zoin). The later you spend that zerocoin and receive some normal currency back, to a brand  DO NOT POST SESC LINKS new different address that has never been used before. The mint operation and the spend operation are supposed to be unlinkable. Meaning you end up with new currency that has no history. It's completely anonymous and not connected to any of your previous transactions. Normally all your spends are connected to previous receives and anyone can follow the whole chain.

If it works as advertised you can use it to keep your block chain transactions anonymous.
Well if this is really true, Zoin could get on darknet and there the price could climb high. Did anyone test it already?

Tested.
Feeling the pain creating only 1 zerocoin at time.
Is there any solution for this?
So good thing is it works, can some other confirm it? Well dev could make new wallet with better minting solution.
Can someone explain to me what is the "Zerocoin" menu in the client for? Can we mint zerocoin, is it another coin?

It's a financial privacy feature. Core feature of the zerocoin protocol zoin is based on. Someone described it here:

It will mint a new single coin that comes from nowhere. It's a 0. Transaction coin

The idea is you can mint a zerocoin which costs some amount of the normal currency (here zoin). The later you spend that zerocoin and receive some normal currency back, to a brand new different address that has never been used before. The mint operation and the spend operation are supposed to be unlinkable. Meaning you end up with new currency that has no history. It's completely anonymous and not connected to any of your previous transactions. Normally all your spends are connected to previous receives and anyone can follow the whole chain.

If it works as advertised you can use it to keep your block chain transactions anonymous.
Well if this is really true, Zoin could get on darknet and there the price could climb high. Did anyone test it already?
Activity: 551

The idea is you can mint a zerocoin which costs some amount of the normal currency (here zoin). The later you spend that zerocoin and receive some normal currency back, to a brand new different address that has never been used before. The mint operation and the spend operation are supposed to be unlinkable. Meaning you end up with new currency that has no history. It's completely anonymous and not connected to any of your previous transactions. Normally all your spends are connected to previous receives and anyone can follow the whole chain.

This is cool, thanks a lot for the information.

Well I have to ask if you people can read, and if yes can you think about what you see on monitor? This coin is based on Zcoin, which is using Lyra2rev2 algo, it is different than Lyra2, you can not mine it using Lyra2.

Are you stupid or simply don't know how to talk?? I know this coin is based on Zcoin, my question is why Zoin don't use the same algo as Zcoin so that Zcoin's miner will work? Why we have to create a different miner for Zoin (cpuminer-zoin)?
Well first of all I did not attacked you as you attacked me. The second thing is if you read about Lyra2 and Lyra2rev2 and this algo you can not mine this coin with one and the same miner, each has its own settings. So there you need different miner.

73 hs profit a day?
The calculation is difficult, better to try and see what results you get.
Activity: 36
Mint zerocoin is useles function, paying fee to send coin nowhere.

then why it is there??
Activity: 518
Mint zerocoin is useles function, paying fee to send coin nowhere.
Pages:
Jump to: