Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZOLD, an experimental non-Blockchain cryptocurrency for fast micropayments - page 74. (Read 8999 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1
The ZOLD project looks amazing! For a long time there was nothing new on the market. Some solid forks of a pivx ... and here there’s really a new code.
Activity: 168
You can: 1) host a node, 2) help us write the Ruby code, or 3) promote us. For the third option, find us in Telegram: https://t.me/zold_io and we will explain.
What is meant by promotion? I would love to earn your promising coin! Maybe spend a bounty? I think that many would put the signature on the ZOLD project.
Activity: 98
I see versions only for Linux. Is there something for Windows users? Tell me when is it planned to release wallets for Windows and Macs?
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
Creator of Zold
Apart from raising your own node, are there opportunities to earn ZOLD-coins? Maybe an airdrop or bounty is planned? Or rewards for performing any tasks in social networks?

You can: 1) host a node, 2) help us write the Ruby code, or 3) promote us. For the third option, find us in Telegram: https://t.me/zold_io and we will explain.
Activity: 252
Hi Egor! I really liked your ZOLD project. On the second page I made you a drawing for the design of this thread. Why don't you use it? Did you not like it? I can work with the design. Tell me what to fix. I just want to help this project!
Activity: 182
Apart from raising your own node, are there opportunities to earn ZOLD-coins? Maybe an airdrop or bounty is planned? Or rewards for performing any tasks in social networks?
Creator of Zold
And what about going on exchanges? What are your plans? I would like to know the prospects of the project will appear in the near future on exchanges.

Actually, we are not planning to that ourselves. If exchanges are interested, they are more than welcome to list our coin. We have the API/SDK for that. Otherwise, there is nothing to "exchange" since our rate is hard-wired to Bitcoin: http://papers.zold.io/fin-model.pdf
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
And what about going on exchanges? What are your plans? I would like to know the prospects of the project will appear in the near future on exchanges.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
Hello Egor! What do you think about rivalry POW and POS? Which algorithm you will use in future?

If you ask me, i would say POW will die for cryptos that is used for real payments, not just for saving money
Creator of Zold
Hello Egor! What do you think about rivalry POW and POS? Which algorithm you will use in future?

I think that we will get rid of the POW entirely in the nearest future. We will introduce our own: Proof-of-Availability. More about it later Smiley
Creator of Zold
This tax thing might prevent a casual user to hold even a small amount of coins.  Sad I don't know, maybe taxes should be implemented when the network has matured.

Taxes are not the major source of incentives for node hosters at the moment, you are right. Hosting bonuses are much more important while the network is still young, read this: https://blog.zold.io/2018/08/14/hosting-bonuses.html
Activity: 102
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
This tax thing might prevent a casual user to hold even a small amount of coins.  Sad I don't know, maybe taxes should be implemented when the network has matured.
Creator of Zold
Tell me what you think are the ideal characteristics for running your node? To get the maximum profit.

To get your node on top of every other node you will need eight CPUs and 4 Gb of RAM. What's also important is the speed of the Internet connection.
Activity: 126
Tell me what you think are the ideal characteristics for running your node? To get the maximum profit.
Creator of Zold
We just released version 0.18.18 of the WTS platform. It entirely hides all IP addresses of all users. It also removes them from all logs. Thanks to that, the platform is fully anonymous. On top of that, we will make Zold nodes anonymous too. At the moment they do record user IP addresses in logs and it's possible to track payments made by wallet owners. In the nearest future, we will remove that and all nodes will have no IP information in their logs. This is also one of the features that makes Zold better than many other less anonymous cryptocurrencies. We don't keep IP information inside our databases. The only moment the IP address is known is when a user PUSH-es a wallet. The node knows the address. If the node doesn't log it, it's gone.
Creator of Zold
I became interested in this ZLD coin and would like to run my node. Tell me, does computer performance affect the amount of remuneration received?
Is this some kind of alternative to CPU mining? I understood correctly? Videocard is not needed?

Nope, no video card is needed. Just a simple VPS with a single CPU and 1Gb of RAM will be enough. Check our current network: http://www.zold.io/health.html
Creator of Zold
I became interested in this ZLD coin and would like to run my node. Tell me, does computer performance affect the amount of remuneration received?

The faster the machine, the better, since it will be able to serve more clients and make more "taxes" and hosting bonuses. More about it here: https://blog.zold.io/2019/01/15/taxes-explained.html
Activity: 168
Is this some kind of alternative to CPU mining? I understood correctly? Videocard is not needed?
Activity: 98
Pages:
Jump to: