Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZOLD, an experimental non-Blockchain cryptocurrency for fast micropayments - page 75. (Read 8999 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Your ZOLD project is awesome. I liked him so much that I made a drawing that you can use to design this theme:
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1549905433/7fd8b0c3/25351316.jpg
Good luck to you guys!
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Project ZOLD looks quite interesting. Very unusual decision. I am glad that in today's crypto market, which is littered with similar and monotonous projects, something really new has appeared!
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
 * No general ledger
  * Proof of Work
  * Detached offline payment processing
  * Centralized root wallet
  * Taxes instead of transaction fees
  * Zero-trust anonymous nodes
  * Pre-mined with 2 billion total capacity
It seems to me that this ZOLD project is something remotely reminiscent of Ripple. I'm right? Have there been any comparisons with Ripple?
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
Creator of Zold
Creator of Zold
Our reserve fund has been doubled today, check the rates here: https://wts.zold.io/rate
Creator of Zold
We fixed a very annoying bug right now, which made it impossible to fund ZLD wallet sometimes, via BTC. Now everything works just fine: https://github.com/zold-io/wts.zold.io/issues/123
Creator of Zold
We just updated our online ledger browser, it shows more accurate data now: /ledger.html
Creator of Zold
I just sent our regular monthly Investor Snapshot to everybody who is in our list of potential investors. If you know someone, who may be interested in our updates, send them my way, I will add them to the mailing list: funds, private investors, etc.
Creator of Zold
We just released a bug fix, which makes sure transactions are never lost, even if there are technical issues with nodes: 0.22.8
Creator of Zold
We updated the front page of our website, now it has a list of features that distinguish us from all other cryptos: zold.io
Creator of Zold
We increased the fund up to 10% of the total emission. More coming. Check our rate here.
Creator of Zold
Just published our regular weekly update: video (week 2019.03)
Creator of Zold
We finally managed to fix the memory leakage problem in our node software. The network is pretty stable now, check this page.
Creator of Zold
There are minable cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum and there are pre-mined ones, like Ripple and Zold (our own non-Blockchain crypto). We've had a discussion about which one is better for the economy and for the users. Here is my answer/opinion (it's a YouTube video). Long story short, I believe that pre-mined currencies make more sense, business-wise. Watch it.
Creator of Zold
We introduced a new feature: PUSH and FETCH operations now have a special attribute --retry, in order to attempt HTTP operations a few times, if nodes are not responsive enough.
Creator of Zold
I just published a new blog post that explains how you can make profit out of Zold investments. Remember that aside from making yourself a good profit you are helping Zerocracy, which is leading the revolution in management and software development. Technically, the profit you will get is coming from the business Zerocracy will make, using your bitcoins (to attract strategic venture investors). So, by buying ZLD now you are lending bitcoins to us. We promise to return them with an interest.
Creator of Zold
I published a new blog post about taxes in Zold. Hope it will help you understand how they work in Zold and why we invented them, instead of using a more traditional transaction processing fee.
Creator of Zold
Blockchain revolution is coming? I don't think that's an accurate definition of what the world needs now. Blockchain is one of the first implementations of a "decentralized zero-trust data storage and processing" technical and business concept. It is a great implementation, but it's not the only one and definitely must not remain the only one. We need more of them, for different business cases, like voting, messaging, package tracking, dating, you name it. Applying Blockchain everywhere is just wrong. Those who are calling it "Blockchain revolution" is doing all of us a very bad favor.

Watch this newly published video about that.
Creator of Zold
We 4x our fund, you can see the current rates here: https://wts.zold.io/rate

It's still pretty small and our deficit is around 5 BTC. The plan is to remove the deficit in the next few weeks and start increasing the rate of ZLD regularly.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
You can read about master nodes and what they are for here
https://blog.zold.io/2018/12/27/masters-and-edges.html
Thank you for the information inside the link on ZOLD technical aspect.
By the way, this year is important for the ZOLD team to build up the project and make their ideas on fast micropayments come true.

Thanks! Zold is already live by the way. Join us in Telegram. Someone will help setting up the node.
Pages:
Jump to: