Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 122. (Read 271641 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
giving the gpu miner a try right now so I can write up an article later today Smiley

So far, only getting HW errors though, on both cards, and no accepted shares, even though i'm using the correct miner with the DarkCoin kernel....
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Is there any reason why my hash rate should be lower with hirocoin than darkcoin? I'm using exactly the same miner with same settings but suchpool is showing 20% less hash rate than previous darkcoin pool.
Activity: 19
Thanks HiroS,

I know your announcement, but still I am struggling to understand what part of the coin, if any, is new to the altcoin community. For example, as your are saying yourself the X11 algo is taken from Darkcoin. So it is not new. Regarding the security of the blockchai e.g. Quarkcoin has 'automatic checkpointing' too. So is there anything else in the blockchain security that other coins don't have? Can you please clarify on that to convince others to become supporters.

We are the first conventional X11 coin and use best-of-breed. As said by Verdun Darkcoin chooses the inversely proportional payout and Quark started their blocks at a reward of 2048 which is now 1 which is incredibly unfair. There is nothing bleeding raw new, just well selected tech and coded with choices that should prove popular. There was a gap right here where Hirocoin is and I see the long term potential of X11. Things do not have to be new, they need to be done right.

Agree with that. Thanks for filling in!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Thanks HiroS,

I know your announcement, but still I am struggling to understand what part of the coin, if any, is new to the altcoin community. For example, as your are saying yourself the X11 algo is taken from Darkcoin. So it is not new. Regarding the security of the blockchai e.g. Quarkcoin has 'automatic checkpointing' too. So is there anything else in the blockchain security that other coins don't have? Can you please clarify on that to convince others to become supporters.

We are the first conventional X11 coin and use best-of-breed. As said by Verdun Darkcoin chooses the inversely proportional payout and Quark started their blocks at a reward of 2048 which is now 1 which is incredibly unfair. There is nothing bleeding raw new, just well selected tech and coded with choices that should prove popular. There was a gap right here where Hirocoin is and I see the long term potential of X11. Things do not have to be new, they need to be done right.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
What differentiates Hiro from other alts - what are the key differentiators? Anybody smart enough to clarify that in an clear cut manner?  Wink

One difference is that it is thoroughly coded before launch  Wink

The key difference is that it uses the X11 hashing algorithm which I hope to make the next home for GPU miners when Scrypt ASICs become common. I am working on getting mining software optimised for X11 which will help us greatly. Also the Hirocoin blockchain is secured, so anyone can use it without fear of transaction roll backs which is becoming more and more common on small coins. Attackers throw 51% hashing power at a coin to push their own chain on orphaning the original blocks.

Please read the beginning thread carefully as all this is mentioned there.

nxt-e's biggest volume pair is hiro/btc?

I just checked and we have the highest volume on NXT-e. Not bad going for such a new coin.

Thanks HiroS,

Yep, real tough to navigate in the crypto world right now with 500++ cryptos and 5 new cryptos/day. Anyways, the key point is X11 and mining subsidies provided to miners. If you look at Quark, they have the same ASIC resistance built in, BUT, with the halving every 2 weeks if I remember correctly, miners are left with almost no QRK's to mine. Darkcoin has an inversely proportional payout, meaning that the more miners, the less rewards.

Now, you can see that even though they use X11, they are not positionned for the ASIC scrypt as their payouts are extremely low. Now, you have Hirocoin, that's under the radar right now, but when all ASIC ship, and they already begun, and GPU miners are getting more and more squeezed -you'll see a rush for an alternative.

Hircoin, to the best of my knowledge -I don't know all X11 crypto's out there- is very well positionned to provide a safe heaven for GPU miners.
What differentiates Hiro from other alts - what are the key differentiators? Anybody smart enough to clarify that in an clear cut manner?  Wink

The key difference is that it uses the X11 hashing algorithm which I hope to make the next home for GPU miners when Scrypt ASICs become common. I am working on getting mining software optimised for X11 which will help us greatly. Also the Hirocoin blockchain is secured, so anyone can use it without fear of transaction roll backs which is becoming more and more common on small coins. Attackers throw 51% hashing power at a coin to push their own chain on orphaning the original blocks.

I just checked and we have the highest volume on NXT-e. Not bad going for such a new coin.

Thanks HiroS,

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Suprnova Pool here:

https://hiro.suprnova.cc

Currently no fee with Vdiff + Stratum
Idle Worker Notifs, DDoS protected/Load balanced and all the goodies you need.

Get your Hiro's ! Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 210
Zealot:

The term "zealot", in Hebrew kanai (קנאי, frequently used in plural form, קנאים (kana'im)), means one who is zealous on behalf of God. The term derives from Greek ζηλωτής (zelotes), "emulator, zealous admirer or follower".[1][2]

Acolyte:

The word acolyte is derived from the Greek word ἀκόλoυθoς (akolouthos), meaning an attendant, via Late Latin acolythus.

Pumper:

A fire apparatus (also known in some territories as a fire engine, fire truck, or fire appliance) is a vehicle designed to assist in firefighting and other rescue operations. Its functions include transporting firefighters to the scene of a fire, along with water and other equipment. In some territories, the terms fire engine and fire truck may represent different types of fire apparatus.

Where's cryptohumper?....we need some free publicity.

But seriously...great start.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
this coin exist for only two days, and it is already on 3 exchanges.nice, smooth launch, no hype.

No hype ,? The thread is already swarming with zealots Smiley
i mean no hype like on maxcoin, and other failed shitcoins. this is good

yes, it's tough for a coin to succeed if nobody likes it though.  I welcome zealots, is this a new form of troll?  If so, I approve.

I like trolls.
Zealots are just shouting to the moon , and if you don't agree and you want to mars you're being asked to f*** of or ignored Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 61
I like this algoritm gpu power low and gpu works silent Grin
Anybody running 7970s on this algo?

I'm trying to set mine up with sph-sgminer and seem to be getting it all wrong. (and I thought scrypt-n was a pain!  Cheesy)

Also, the miner isn't showing temps, shows 0.0000 difficulty, and miniscule WU

Over at the Hirocoin forum someone posted this for AMD 7970s.

Code:
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3339 -u user.1 -p x -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --shaders 2048
Activity: 42
Anybody running 7970s on this algo?

I'm trying to set mine up with sph-sgminer and seem to be getting it all wrong. (and I thought scrypt-n was a pain!  Cheesy)

Also, the miner isn't showing temps, shows 0.0000 difficulty, and miniscule WU
Activity: 209
Merit: 5
this coin exist for only two days, and it is already on 3 exchanges.nice, smooth launch, no hype.

yes, it's tough for a coin to succeed if nobody likes it though.  I welcome zealots, is this a new form of troll?  If so, I approve.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500

Activity: 73
my r9 270 non x is hashing at 1.2 mhs is this the normal speed? any share their settings pls..

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://69.90.132.99:3341 -u user.hir2 -p pass -g 4  -I 18 -w 128 --gpu-memclock 1450 --gpu-engine 1050

what is your hashrate?
Jump to: