Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 117. (Read 271641 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Are you thinking of changing the coin icon/image? I mean dont get me wrong but this one looks absolutely amateurish.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
A couple of thing, I have setup an account to be the Reddit tipbot. For this to happen it needs some karma to get around the text verification image to automate it properly.

I have also set a bounty of 0.2BTC for the bext X11 logo. Please bump that thread once in a while to make sure it gets noticed.

Logo design - 0.2BTC bounty - Start now
This is the second X11 coin right??

Thats great i love this algorithm , its so silent, cool and lower en ergy consumtion Cheesy

My Question now: How do you compare to Darkcoin ? Was there a premine/earlydump or something like this?

Devs motivated for a future ?

Maybe im getting on the Boat

Greetings

No premine which can be seen by the launch time and first mined block in the explorer. We had a low difficulty at the start to jump start the markets. With plenty of coins at the start it makes the coin cheaper to begin with so miners and investors can get in easily. Considering that our announcement had the day but not a specific time, and that we do not use Scrypt we avoided the megaminers, who would have come along to get a vast portion of the early mining. We managed to get coins out to a lot of individuals which was the goal, we want as many people involved as possible as early miners and investors are often the ones to stick around and do the hard work.

By the way, technically we are not a fork of Darkcoin but of Litecoin to which I then replaced Scrypt with X11 form Darkcoin.

DarkCoin uses an inverse difficulty reward, so the more people mining the smaller the reward, I choose X11 to be the home of GPU miners and did not include that feature as it may put some of them off. We have a static reward of 400 coins for the next 2,100,000 blocks (~4 years). We also use automatic checkpointing which protects our blocks from being replaced by attackers trying to do transaction reversal attacks. These are getting more common and exchanges have mechanisms to protect against this. That is often the reason why coins disappear from Cryptsy if it is not to update the daemon. People often think this is Cryptsy messing with markets but check that coins explorer for an orphan chain and the replacement blocks having very close time stamps. Sometimes seconds apart. We are not vulnerable to that sort of attack.

DarkCoin will have the DarkSend function that allows coins to be sent anonymously, we have no such feature. The feature is neat but it will give it the image of being the coins for illegal activity, it is already getting this reputation which is one that Bitcoin had early on. We want Hirocoin to be the squeaky clean by comparison.

Right now I think any X11 based coin is a safe bet as look what GPU miners moving from SHA-256 to Scrypt did for coins like Litecoin. By the way, I am motivated for a future, this is a long term project.

I hope this answers your questions.
Activity: 729
Merit: 251
This is the second X11 coin right??

Thats great i love this algorithm , its so silent, cool and lower en ergy consumtion Cheesy

My Question now: How do you compare to Darkcoin ? Was there a premine/earlydump or something like this?

Devs motivated for a future ?

Maybe im getting on the Boat

Greetings
What is Hiro? Is it a name ?

What sort of demographic is this coin gearing itself towards, or all ?

I like it !

Hiro is a very popular name don't you know Smiley

We are aiming for all the GPU miners, every single one of them. Right now they can escape multipools with us and when the Scrypt ASICs hit they can escape them.

Talking about ASICs, KNc took $2m in pre-orders. There is no doubt now that Scrypt will be dominated by ASICs which is something I have assumed for a while now and the reason I am here launching Hirocoin. Litecoin's difficulty has doubled in a month and I have to wonder if this is due to some Scrypt ASICs sitting in a lab somewhere. These is more information on this in the article below.

Scrypt ASIC Race Intensifies, KnCMiner Scores $2m in Preorders

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just pointed some of my farm over here.

Every great thing from a coin in one.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

Stay tuned for the upcoming PR campaign and twitter-based Hirocoin giveaway.

If you haven't done so already, please  follow Hirocoin on twitter to stay up to date to upcoming developments. Great things are coming down the pipeline for Hirocoin!

(click me !)
Activity: 153
mine for future~
I have been approaching specific people directly to commission work. I want to make sure I get the right technical skills so look to the best that I know. I do not mind investing in development for Hirocoin and X11 in whatever people like to be paid in. However I am going to do a bounty soon for some X11 artwork, we need to make it a brand so it stands on its own. If you happen to be a designer or know of a good one then please send me a PM with a link to your portfolio.

Tipbot should not be too much of a challenge and is going to be well worth while. I will take a look at setting it up and adding Hirocoin. If it is too challenging for me (I'm not fluent in Python), I will find someone to assist.

https://github.com/vindimy/altcointip

This coin has awoken my interest.

Glad to hear Smiley

Hi HiroS~
the NO1 miner "kosahiro" on such pool ,is that you ?

Activity: 331
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Just a suggestion, with Hawaiian coin coming out with the same ticker "HIC" and the fact that it sounds like something out of the movie Deliverance, maybe a change to HRC or simply HIRO would be good. In fact seeing HIRO on the list in an exchange is going to be a lot more eye grabbing. I know this sounds vain but it will play a larger part then you may think in the coins acceptance and longevity. Great coin. I am in and would like to see many others follow.
aws
Activity: 219

I thought I'd give it a shot and mine solo for 24hr.
I only have 5.75 Mh/s which is a minuscule 0.3% of the current network hashing rate.
I will let you know in 24 hours if i found any blocks
For comparison working with a pool i would earn 1200-1500 HIC per 24hrs

I'm curious, please let us know your findings. Thanks

found 3 blocks so far in about 16 hours
correction: just got the 4th block
started 03-19 at 22:24  the 4th block was found 03-20 at 16:41
UPDATE
in the first 24hr. period i solved 6 Blocks
continuing to mine solo, will post updates
aws
Activity: 219
yes you can just make a .conf file for sgminer as well and use it just like cgminer
except take out the scrypt line
and add
Code:
"kernel" : "darkcoin"
Activity: 308
Can someone jsut post a quick tutorial of how to run this sgminer I've never been mining x11.

1st I have to make a .bat file and put in the settings for pool? or ?

Why it just doenst work like cgminer 3.7.2 where you just make a simpe .conf file and you are ready to rock Tongue

You can dot .bat or .conf:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optimal-conf-file-for-hd5850-cgminersgminer-450295

Personnally, I am using .bat. Just go the same way you would go for cgminer, here's my config for my r9 280x, change username, password and pool:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://69.90.132.99:3341 -u username -p password -I 13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1045 --gpu-memclock 1500
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Can someone jsut post a quick tutorial of how to run this sgminer I've never been mining x11.

Why it just doenst work like cgminer 3.7.2 where you just make a simpe .conf file and you are ready to rock Tongue

You need to use a miner with X11 kernel support:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795

There is an example configuration file included in the archive. Here's the one I use with it:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
    {
    "url" : "stratum+tcp://POOL1",
    "user" : "USERNAME.WORKER",
    "pass" : "PASSWORD"
    },
    {
    "url" : "stratum+tcp://POOL2",
    "user" : "USERNAME.WORKER",
    "pass" : "PASSWORD"
    }
],

"intensity" : "12",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "darkcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "8196",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "1207",
"gpu-fan" : "100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "88",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "30",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval": "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Activity: 210

Activity: 126
Been here a long while, X11 is the way forward for GPU mining, less noise/heat/power than any other leading to cheaper running costs. Just makes sense!
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
MY MINERS SOUND GLORIOUS.

Seriously, this algorithm is the future, without a doubt.

I know nothing about this coin but im mining it for x11... Had a few questions

What is Hiro? Is it a name ?

What sort of demographic is this coin gearing itself towards, or all ?

I like it !
Activity: 350

24/7 MONITORING
, ONLINE SUPPORT, AUTOMATED PAYMENTS,
Stratum, 0% FEE , PPLNS, VARDIFF, SSL, POWERFULL SERVERS

HIRO.FORKPOOL.COM - HIROCOIN POOL
I wanted to start one today, but held for your lead. I guess I could run that for a while so you can better focus on coding if you want, as I'm online quite a bit. Not sure if you approve, let me know.
Also, found other forums for giveaways, might be overkill though. Still awaiting your opinions Smiley

I will start a Twitter one tomorrow to get people to notice it and make that Reddit tipbot my task for the day. I've sent you a tip Smiley

Poloniex launch should be interesting, I'm still holding.

Personally I'm taking the long term view, that if we are to have market success, it will come when GPU miners have to take a long look for the best alternative to Scrypt. At worst it never happens, but we are aiming very high with the goal of being the top coin in the next hashing tier and right now X11 is favorable.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Poloniex launch should be interesting, I'm still holding.
Jump to: