Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 41. (Read 271640 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why do you think that running cool will create a value for HIRO? Turning off the miners is even more cool... Sell it to somebody Smiley.

Hahah, nicely put. You are right of course ! We see it like this :

- We create coin that's supported bya  dedicated team of pro's and with more utility than others ( more real world applications, easier in use )
- Miners come looking for a good X11 coin, and find us.

I think it would be great if Hiro coin adopts something from the HouseOfCoins idea's. I seriously like the idea from HoC that everyone that holds a coin has some vote for coin requests / features / changes.

If we adopt multiple good items from other coins like maybe a little PoS and voting system. Then we would not be 'just another algo' but a algo that adopts the best of all the released 300 scrypt-altcoins and use that in our advantage. That way we are the best x11 coin with the best features adopted from the "beta" scrypt coins Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
Why do you think that running cool will create a value for HIRO? Turning off the miners is even more cool... Sell it to somebody Smiley.

Hahah, nicely put. You are right of course ! We see it like this :

- We create coin that's supported bya  dedicated team of pro's and with more utility than others ( more real world applications, easier in use )
- Miners come looking for a good X11 coin, and find us.

Activity: 196
As much as it sounds crazy, what we actually need to increase Hiro price is difficulty to go up significantly. Once this takes place, all these morons who mine and sell 50 Hiros per day would move to something else and stop bringing the price down. Look at these sell orders, 50 Hiro, 40 Hiro, this is just mine and sell immediately, no plan, no strategy, no promotional efforts, nothing.

I expect to see a healthy increase in network difficulty as summer starts to show itself. A lot of miners had issues dealing with the heat last year and turned off their miners. They now have an alternative in Hirocoin and the X11 algorithm.

I also think we'll see a similar increase in the Scrypt-N and X11 coin's difficulties like we did with Litecoin and the early scrypt coins when ASICS really hit SHA 256. The refugee GPU miners have to go somewhere.
Miners don't create demand. They actually are able to kill it. Demand has to be created by awareness and usefulness. If everybody mines HIRO in the summer without any useful application for the coin, HIRO will quickly die. Why do you think that running cool will create a value for HIRO? Turning off the miners is even more cool... Sell it to somebody Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
where is our multipool?

i mean the solely owned
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Bitnation Development Team Member
hirocoin.org down?

Back up now :-) There was an issue with the PHP handler screwing up due to an out of control log file. I've put in place a system by which this cannot occur again.
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
Hello,

I very much believe in HIRO and I see a very active developers side. The users, miners and buyers will come.
If you provide value. Value is everything, the holy grail. The cryptocommunity is very smart and senses value.

In this regard, do you consider employing some sort of bulletproof anonimity feature for transferring HIROs between wallets?

The big splash is pending in the summer when Scrypt ASICs come and miners will inevitably move to X11 - until then you have 1 or 2 months time you should use for hard work to build HIRO an even better very solid value coin, so please use it wisely.
Features mean value.
How are you different from other coins, why are you better, what value do you give to miners and buyers that other coins do not.
I see some nice progress, but I reiterate myself - these 2 months until the hotter summer are deadly crucial to gain more, much more ground. In the autumn we can all then enjoy the fruits of our hard work NOW.

I am doing my part of the equation as a miner and a coin holder.

Best!
legendary
hirocoin.org down?

Yep. Should be back up soon, we've contacted Hiro.
Activity: 153
mine for future~
As much as it sounds crazy, what we actually need to increase Hiro price is difficulty to go up significantly. Once this takes place, all these morons who mine and sell 50 Hiros per day would move to something else and stop bringing the price down. Look at these sell orders, 50 Hiro, 40 Hiro, this is just mine and sell immediately, no plan, no strategy, no promotional efforts, nothing.

These miners are not morons. They mine and sell to make money. They do not see any future of Hiro as it is a vastly instant mined coin. Higher price would enrich the early miners disproportionally. The new miners have much fewer coins and less intensive to dump than the early instant miners.

I would like to see a coin with little instant mine and fair launch. That would give confidence to the community and more people will join.

Hiro is pre-mined? At what percentage? Wasn't aware of this

No, Hirocoin was not pre-mined to any percentage. You can go and check the source code yourself if you like. Premine code does not exist in the source.

Here is the subsidy function, and the way it's always been:

The important bit is nSubsidy = 400 (this is the starting reward)

Then: nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 840000)

For those of you who don't understand what this means, it means that after 840,000 blocks (one minute block time, so 840,000 minutes = 14,000 hours ~= 583 days ~= 1.59 years), the reward is halved.

This code has existed since the start. There was no premine. If there was, it would be immediately obvious in the code.

Many coins were mined very quickly, but this was just to make sure that a lot of Hirocoins were made available quickly to many different miners. These coins were mainly dumped on exchanges over a period of time, thus increasing our distribution even more fairly, as many more people will have had a chance to purchase them at a very low price. Notice that as the sell walls get broken down the price creeps up... We refuse to make any promises with pricing, because this is up to the market not us. Just keep your fingers on the pulse, guys :-)
Activity: 154

These miners are not morons. They mine and sell to make money. They do not see any future of Hiro as it is a vastly instant mined coin. Higher price would enrich the early miners disproportionally. The new miners have much fewer coins and less intensive to dump than the early instant miners.

I would like to see a coin with little instant mine and fair launch. That would give confidence to the community and more people will join.

I would say no pre-mine, but insta-mined.

That is even less transparent.

Haha, perhaps.
But I think it's not a huge amount, the period was short.
That's why I keep mine it and buy it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

That is even less transparent.

as a buyer bought 20k at beginning, and buying more when price drop down, I have faith with it.
But, when I looked at drk & even lgc get pumped, I feel a little bit uncomfortable.
drk may deserve that, but lgc is younger than us.
perhaps lgc may dump, but hiro never pumped.. :p

Hope we will shine and rock in long-term.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

Yeah we realise there's an issue with the website and we're working on getting it back up and running. The only location of binary releases is via the website or the Ubuntu PPA. If you're running Ubuntu, check out the official PPA, otherwise you'll have to wait until we get it back up and running. Please do not download any versions uploaded by anybody but the official Hirocoin team.

If you know how to compile software, here are all the source releases on Github. We'll get the website back up ASAP and look at ways of avoiding this happening in the future. Apologies for the inconvenience.

And yes, there is a Mac wallet precompiled ready on the website, which is as mentioned previously down at the current moment. We'll update you all when it's back up.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
that effin website is down for me all the time.

need a link to the wallet pls `?
legendary
Updated server for n00bsys0p's Hirocoin P2Pool node - now 1GBit connection!

• Located in Manchester, England
  • 1Gb/s connection
  • 0% fees currently - never more than 1% and only ever enough to cover server costs
legendary
The current prize is  96762.5136443 HIRO !

I'll update the relevant posts and make a "how to participate" guide ASAP.
Pages:
Jump to: