Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 272. (Read 816006 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
anyone got any more node my wallet been syncing fine for the last few days now stuck at 8942.tired bootstrap and didnt help this time

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
anyone got any more node my wallet been syncing fine for the last few days now stuck at 8942.tired bootstrap and didnt help this time

i recompiled my node this morning, it's up to date.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Does anyone know if the block explorer is being updated? it seems to be holding steady at block 8941 (wallet is @8945)

@8948 now, explorer still @ 8941
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Cool we have a female dev. More uniqueness I like it.  Tongue
another question:

what should the community do with our wallets at the occurrence of the fork on 2nd June?
should we reserve the balance or lock our wallets? and will the fork cause issues on any coins which are in stake at the time of forking?

thanks in advance.
Activity: 518

huh, even with the bootstrap file i could not get past block 8702 ... , have 7 connections right now but it just does not go past 8702, any ideas how to fix it, i already restarted like 10 times and left it syncing for a longer periods of time Sad

after having copied bootstrap.dat inside %appdata%/Sync did you reboot the Sync-Qt app?

Are you using latest Synq-Qt.exe? Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!xsdATQyA!Jz2N5SkNerLFBpBWc5zSvGYupA8g8C69ozFGIalW2AQ

Yes, and yes.

And just to be sure i deleted everything, downloaded it again, put the bootstrap.dat inside the appdata/sync folder. While starting there was the " loading bootstrap blockchain etc" sign. After that i again got a lot of connections 5+ but got stuck on block 7200. I restarted the wallet a few times, have 12 active connections but wont go past 7200 now Sad
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

huh, even with the bootstrap file i could not get past block 8702 ... , have 7 connections right now but it just does not go past 8702, any ideas how to fix it, i already restarted like 10 times and left it syncing for a longer periods of time Sad

after having copied bootstrap.dat inside %appdata%/Sync did you reboot the Sync-Qt app?

Are you using latest Synq-Qt.exe? Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!xsdATQyA!Jz2N5SkNerLFBpBWc5zSvGYupA8g8C69ozFGIalW2AQ
Activity: 518

Activity: 196
So, question; which simply needs a YES or a NO answer...

will everyone, no matter how much Sync they hold, be able to stake?

Oh, hard one, because I have to answer NO. There is still some limit where integer math makes it's trick.
It was 0.333 sync, after the fix it will be 0.0003333 sync.
Is that enought? The change was COIN -> MILLICOIN. We have time to change it to MICROCOIN, if we want.

But that might bring some risks; I'm already a bit afraid of such change; current change will make the minting 1000 times more aggressive until diff retarget hits in and compensates it. MICRO -> it will be million times...

I would recommend that if this is a problem, we make another fork later.

You've done a stellar job of restoring confidence in SYNC.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I am still mining at the Sync multipool. I see that many people have now jumped back on!

You guys missed out on a fat payment while SYNC was cheap Smiley I got 0.35811225 SYNC paid last. Have 15 gpus on it.

My SYNC balance went up 0.7 this week from mining and staking.

http://sync.multipoolmining.com/

yeah so there might be some fees attached, but it helps with buy pressure in big chunks.

BTW mscollec you should tweet the new wallet update!

I personally have not had any staking or syncing problems for the last week at all.

Mulitpool hash rate now above 900 MHS (just for x11 algo in SYNC!!) Above 2 GHS we can add litecoinx. today 2 or 3 more coins with lower diff (and high profits as well) will be added. Few seconds downtime can be expected!

Keep sending your hash!

I think 1 GHS should be enough for LitecoinX. Other pools with 1 find blocks every 15 minutes or so. Or am i wrong?
Does anyone know if the block explorer is being updated? it seems to be holding steady at block 8941 (wallet is @8945)
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Oh, hard one, because I have to answer NO. There is still some limit where integer math makes it's trick.
Is that enought? The change was COIN -> MILLICOIN. We have time to change it to MICROCOIN, if we want.

But that might bring some risks; I'm already a bit afraid of such change; current change will make the minting 1000 times more aggressive until diff retarget hits in and compensates it. MICRO -> it will be million times...

I am also thinking that this is perfect. Now everyone should be able to stake and benefit from this coins features.
Great to see some of the things got worked out.

I think that change is fine, 0.0003333 makes it possible for everyone to stake, any lower would be madness.

Thank you for stepping up Nite69, and thank you MsCollec for not throwing in the towel.

I think 0.0003333 is OK, I don't see any of the Sync community having a problem with that.
thanks for your prompt reply. It's good to finally have someone able to give some info and answer these queries.
Activity: 477

legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
I am still mining at the Sync multipool. I see that many people have now jumped back on!

You guys missed out on a fat payment while SYNC was cheap Smiley I got 0.35811225 SYNC paid last. Have 15 gpus on it.

My SYNC balance went up 0.7 this week from mining and staking.

http://sync.multipoolmining.com/

yeah so there might be some fees attached, but it helps with buy pressure in big chunks.

BTW mscollec you should tweet the new wallet update!

I personally have not had any staking or syncing problems for the last week at all.

Mulitpool hash rate now above 900 MHS (just for x11 algo in SYNC!!) Above 2 GHS we can add litecoinx. today 2 or 3 more coins with lower diff (and high profits as well) will be added. Few seconds downtime can be expected!

Keep sending your hash!

I downloaded the new wallet from OP ( i think its a good idea to change the wallet version, in the debug window it still shows v.1.0.0.0 )
First i got stuck at block 8200, i restarted the wallet but now i am stuck at block 8700 with a lot of active connections.
The remaining blocks change, last block changes 8710 to 8942.
I guess some of the nodes i have in the conf file are on a different chain ? Anyway how should i fix this ?

I've been updating my node over the past half hour, the wallet on my node stuck (see above) but it should be good to go now.

Should i just remove all nodes and it will eventually get it right ? Or leave only your node ?

no just leave them all there, if one node is not active for any reason, there are others which your wallet will see.
there was a point where my node was the only one connected properly, but there may be times in the future where that connection is held by another node.

the more nodes you have, the better.
Jump to: