Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 274. (Read 816006 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
New wallet synced perfectly. Good work on that! So glad this is back from the dead.  Cool
Activity: 477
Merit: 500
CheckStakeKernelHash is changed, will do

bnCoinDayWeight = CBigNum(nValueIn) * GetWeight((int64_t)txPrev.nTime, (int64_t)nTimeTx) / 100000000 / (24 * 60 * 60);
instead of
bnCoinDayWeight = CBigNum(nValueIn) * GetWeight((int64_t)txPrev.nTime, (int64_t)nTimeTx) / 100000 / (24 * 60 * 60);
Yes, this was the main problem. With less than 1 COIN / 1 day this formula returns less than 1 and because of integer math, it is rounded to 0.

and the weight is balanced, in GetStakeWeight it will do

bnCoinDayWeight = CBigNum(pcoin.first->vout[pcoin.second].nValue) * nTimeWeight / 100000 / (24 * 60 * 60);
instead of
bnCoinDayWeight = CBigNum(pcoin.first->vout[pcoin.second].nValue) * nTimeWeight / 100000000 / (24 * 60 * 60);

Same here, in the debug / console display
oh you left over some debug print messages Wink

Yes ;-)
Btw, this could be changed to be earlier, if all you want stake faster.
But it would increase the risk everyone has not updated.
We should make sure at least exchanges and explorer will be updated before fork is in effect.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
The dev hasn't disappeared, he was posting just last night and it is a weekday.  Just relax, I am sure they are working on it and will roll out an update soon.  Probably this weekend.  

Oh don't worry, I've checked their post history before I commented. The silence is worrying. If this was my coin, I would be on here every working hour putting out fires and building a community, but that's me. The price has plummeted and the coin is becoming more centralized. Therefore, the value just won't get to where people are hoping it will, as large bag-holders will dump as soon as it hits a decent figure. Distribution is key to any crypto-currency. We can't have all the trading between the rich list can we?

Well I would prefer that the dev was working on the problem rather than arguing pointless with raskul.  This guy is a piece of work, one second he is calling it a scam and complaining about the .3 sync POS requirement, next minute he is offering to buy everyone's sync in exchange for other mined coins.

+100 & he really needs psychological professional help ...

Raskul is a personal friend of mine, so I must defend him. He can't be helped. He's a Scot, and he's my friend. You really think a psychiatrist can do anything with that combination?

On with the show...
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 102
from that i can make out that some people with small amounts staked "0" due to some "integer math" issue, and after the fork, the staking will be more "generous until the retarget algorithm rises the difficulty.. (which can, unfortunately, happen quite quickly)"
Activity: 102
Apparently it's 0.3 once the hard-fork happens, although I'm not completely sure since the dev never really answered that question...I don't think he has anyway.

I don't believe that is the case. Maybe PM MsCollec or Nite69 to get the straight story. I just PM'ed Nite69 then.

Here I have compiled all his posts so far so that we can work something out from that at least.

Hi!

First; sorry for all this mess.. I have been helping a little, but cannot do all and everyone makes mistakes. With live coins the testing is not so easy, so 
you all have seen the issues caused by them. I'm sorry for those, but all I can pomise is that we try to minimize the problems. Unfortunately, all changes to live coins has risks, so issues might still appear. But we will fix them, as fast as our resources allow us.

I believe things are getting better all the time. Just be patient, we cannot do things too fast, or we will encounter more similar problems. And one thing all should understand is that for example PoS cannot be implemented on a live coin too quickly if we want all to go smoothly. That means also I cannot promise it, at least not in a short period of time.

The current change does not have PoS, but it has another blockchain protection: automatic checkpoints. It is a new way of protecting the blockchain, so there are risks, but it certainly is better than only PoW.

The fork also changes the block reward to TX_FEE only.

Hi!

I'm not an original dev of this coin, but I have been helping, as you might have noticed.

There is a fix already done, I will push it to github tonight. As someone noted, the source code is public, so you all can review the code. Actually, I hope you do, because these kind of changes on a live coin are risky. The more eyes check it, the better.

You (or I) don't need the priv keys for fixing the coin.

The root cause of the problem is integer math, which will end up with 0 with small coins at these coin parameters.

The hard fork time is planned to be 2.6 18.00 GMT (or whatever the blockchain tz is), but if you all vote for earlier or later time, it can still be changed.

Why on earth would a developer need keys to look at the source? It's open source and completely available to look at - https://github.com/MsCollec/sync

Very true!

Here is the fix:
https://github.com/MsCollec/sync/commit/150f9518586c6cd82d316e85ae0928abc71189e8

Please review and comment it. I cannot test it, so it should be checked very carefully before it is in effect.
Fork time is set at 2.6.2014 18:00 , but we can change it if you all prefer some other time.

Hi!

I'm not an original dev of this coin, but I have been helping, as you might have noticed.

There is a fix already done, I will push it to github tonight. As someone noted, the source code is public, so you all can review the code. Actually, I hope you do, because these kind of changes on a live coin are risky. The more eyes check it, the better.

You (or I) don't need the priv keys for fixing the coin.

The root cause of the problem is integer math, which will end up with 0 with small coins at these coin parameters.

The hard fork time is planned to be 2.6 18.00 GMT (or whatever the blockchain tz is), but if you all vote for earlier or later time, it can still be changed.

I have noticed your name in the changeset, which made me wondering if a previous FUD was real or not. But since you post here i do believe the FUD was a real FUD Smiley
Great to see someone doing bugfixes!

About the current bug, it is just blocking wallets sometimes?

It rounds stakes with too small coins to 0. Very understandable error; the parameters has changed a lot; max coins down to 1000 and max stake in 3 days.

But here is the good news; as a side effect, at the transition time, the algorithm will share stakes generously, until the retarget algorithm rises the difficulty.. (which can, unfortunately, happen quite quickly) so keep your wallets open!

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I'm confused.  Is MsCollec remaining as the developer or has someone taken over?

They tended their resignation causing further FUD, and then released an updated wallet. Its been a good day. Smiley
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Why my transaction got only 2 confirms...... Huh
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
I'm confused.  Is MsCollec remaining as the developer or has someone taken over?
MsCollec hasnt entirely left yet..

Yay for the pump! Lets hope this keeps happening till 2 BTC
Activity: 406
I'm confused.  Is MsCollec remaining as the developer or has someone taken over?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This is a dead coin.

Stop it now with the total FUD. Clearly its not dead. We have a new wallet and the price continues to rise. The "club" was never a selling point for me when I invested.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
lol now its 0.259999 SYNC/BTC...super dead! xD
Activity: 182
Unfortunately the only 'new' thing about this coin was the synclub, which is apparently now off the table.  This is a dead coin.
Lol =)

Possibly, but at least we don't have to read page after page of people typing incoherent messages that sound like they're about to have an aneurysm...

lol back up to 0.2 SYNC/BTC! =)
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Apparently it's 0.3 once the hard-fork happens, although I'm not completely sure since the dev never really answered that question...I don't think he has anyway.

P.S. Just wanted to mention to the dev tho, that I do appreciate you guys not releasing wallet V2 until all the annoying FUDers dumped their coins...now we don't have to listen to them complain / be psychotic and they don't have their coins...as the price rises haha! =)

Unless they dumped high and are now buying low...

P.S. Just wanted to mention to the dev tho, that I do appreciate you guys not releasing wallet V2 until all the annoying FUDers dumped their coins...now we don't have to listen to them complain / be psychotic and they don't have their coins...as the price rises haha! =)
Activity: 280
thanks for the reply guys.

Has the minimum stake requirement changed or is it still 0.3
Max Coin Age Maturity - 30 days.
Activity: 266
Update the latest MAC wallet posted in the last page (1.0.1.0)

Have the following in Sync.conf

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=24240
port=24241
addnode=107.170.124.180
addnode=192.241.240.216
addnode=107.170.159.98
addnode=162.243.214.192
addnode=67.215.8.91
addnode=23.226.225.224
addnode=188.226.192.115
addnode=188.226.243.136
addnode=82.128.238.235

Number of connections: 8

Wallet is updated and at block 8917 now.

Not staking and I still get the message: Coins are not mature.

that's because the change doesn't take effect til the fork.
Activity: 280
Update the latest MAC wallet posted in the last page (1.0.1.0)

Have the following in Sync.conf

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=24240
port=24241
addnode=107.170.124.180
addnode=192.241.240.216
addnode=107.170.159.98
addnode=162.243.214.192
addnode=67.215.8.91
addnode=23.226.225.224
addnode=188.226.192.115
addnode=188.226.243.136
addnode=82.128.238.235

Number of connections: 8
Coins in wallet: 0.1609
Wallet is updated and at block 8917 now.

Not staking and I still get the message: Coins are not mature.

Jump to: