Author

Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - page 378. (Read 816006 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
i think the following quote is the best solution for the moment, until more masternodes are added on the network so they can cope with so much staking for the coin.

So if you're planning on dropping the ball and selling now, give it a second thought before regretting it in a couple of days... Tongue

i have 7 active connections but still wont sync...anyone?HuhHuh

I have 25 connections and all is perfectly synchronized.. maybe peer.dat is a problem it is not *big* enough

use this sync.conf

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=24240
addnode=107.170.124.180
addnode=162.243.214.192
addnode=192.241.240.216
addnode=107.170.159.98
addnode=67.215.8.91
addnode=23.226.225.224

people are very smart around here no need to keep telling them "do not sell" it s not their fault. network is slow that's all it is.. above shows this in clear 25 vs 7 (synchronized vs no synchronized)  someone offered adding more master nodes... good idea ... maybe..

Another node on permanent ip:
addnode=188.226.243.136

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
it doesn't work.

What's not working?

@MsCollec can you shoot a 2 liner explanation why  (think this applies to any POS coin, but will elucidate, myself including!)

a.) it can take up to 30 days to see stake in the wallet
b.) there is element of randomness (luck) in the staking process

thanks much!
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Also if your wallet is encrypted make sure you unlock it and keep it running or your coins will not stake regardless...

edit: Read my last post above, that is why the network is slow and also why it is slowly speeding up.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think the most important and simple thing have to do now is update the wallet number.
Many people think their wallet is the last version but it doesn't actually.
Please update the wallet version number now, so we can ask everyone using the 1.0.0.0 wallet to download the new version.

ps. for those people who are stuck at block 8234, I think you are not using the last version of wallet.

for the last time: i build the wallet myself from github maybe an hour ago. unless the pre-compiled wallets include a fix which is not in the repository, I already have the latest version!
Also I can see in the debuglog there are clients with the correct block count, but for whatever reason, it does not update mine. Not after re-downloading the whole blockchain various times, not after stopping & restarting the wallet 50x and not after praying.

I do not mean that it can fix all the problems.
Just an easy step to help a lot of people to know their wallet version.
As a result, no more questions from people with old wallet.
Activity: 462
Why isn't the MINTPAL situation resolved ?

It drags the coin down, people who want get their coins out, can't and they selling to be able to do so...

Wallet and chain is working fine !!!

Can dev email them ?

Also everyone should email them [email protected]

since 4 or 5 people got their wallets working, you can not say "the Wallet and chain is working fine !!!"

It is not working for the vast majority (probably 99% the world) . that is why the vast majority can't get their coins out or buy /sell or anything.

So you will see exchanges freezing this con again as that is what they are seeing no working wallet on their side too.

You gotta see it through the eyes of the rest  of the people...not just the eyes of 1 or 2 % who are skilled or lucky  and have working wallets.

anw Minpal is in Sync now....

and the wallet is working well , Win and iOS, and staking since good few hours....

the network is just too slow....

too slow because of what,  anybody knows why?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
i think the following quote is the best solution for the moment, until more masternodes are added on the network so they can cope with so much staking for the coin.

So if you're planning on dropping the ball and selling now, give it a second thought before regretting it in a couple of days... Tongue

I have 25 connections and all is perfectly synchronized.. maybe peer.dat is a problem it is not *big* enough

use this sync.conf

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=24240
addnode=107.170.124.180
addnode=162.243.214.192
addnode=192.241.240.216
addnode=107.170.159.98
addnode=67.215.8.91
addnode=23.226.225.224

people are very smart around here no need to keep telling them "do not sell" it s not their fault. network is slow that's all it is.. above shows this in clear 25 vs 7 (synchronized vs no synchronized)  someone offered adding more master nodes... good idea ... maybe..
As more coins stake the network should speed up...We actually saw block 8262 and 8263 almost back to back.  It can take up to 30 days to stake, but it can happen at anytime in that 30 days...so the network should only be getting faster and faster albeit may take another day for it to take off.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
finally wallet synced. i overwrite the last one with version from home page of this thread (old look design) and wallet synced. With new look didn't work
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Why isn't the MINTPAL situation resolved ?

It drags the coin down, people who want get their coins out, can't and they selling to be able to do so...

Wallet and chain is working fine !!!

Can dev email them ?

Also everyone should email them [email protected]

since 4 or 5 people got their wallets working, you can not say "the Wallet and chain is working fine !!!"

It is not working for the vast majority (probably 99% the world) . that is why the vast majority can't get their coins out or buy /sell or anything.

So you will see exchanges freezing this con again as that is what they are seeing no working wallet on their side too.

You gotta see it through the eyes of the rest  of the people...not just the eyes of 1 or 2 % who are skilled or lucky  and have working wallets.

anw Minpal is in Sync now....

and the wallet is working well , Win and iOS, and staking since good few hours....

the network is just too slow....
last bootstrap synced the wallet. hopefully it keeps up with the blockchain now. thanks for the bootstrap fix

Woot!

I'll post a new one every 5 blocks or so until it works itself out.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
last bootstrap synced the wallet. hopefully it keeps up with the blockchain now. thanks for the bootstrap fix
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
I think the most important and simple thing have to do now is update the wallet number.
Please update the wallet version number now, so we can ask everyone using the 1.0.0.0 wallet to download the new version.

ps. for those people who are stuck at block 8234, I think you are not using the last version of wallet.

for the last time: i build the wallet myself from github maybe an hour ago. unless the pre-compiled wallets include a fix which is not in the repository, I already have the latest version!
Also I can see in the debuglog there are clients with the correct block count, but for whatever reason, it does not update mine. Not after re-downloading the whole blockchain various times, not after stopping & restarting the wallet 50x and not after praying.
Activity: 54
A bunch of people have downloaded the bootstrap...can anyone tell me if its work or not? lol (it should work fine)  You could also just rename bootstrap.dat to blk0001.dat in the appdata/sync folder but just putting bootstrap.dat there then launching the client should be sufficient.
i deleted everything except wallet.dat and sync.conf now we will see what will happen.strange is that in new update i do not see block-chain line to check which number is block and percent of sync
rename bootstrap.dat to blk001.dat (you might have to delete your current blk001.dat).  Should work fine, still sounds like some people are on the old client.

use this sync.conf

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=24240
addnode=107.170.124.180
addnode=162.243.214.192
addnode=192.241.240.216
addnode=107.170.159.98
addnode=67.215.8.91
addnode=23.226.225.224
Activity: 14
I think dev must do something with wallet
Activity: 41
A bunch of people have downloaded the bootstrap...can anyone tell me if its work or not? lol (it should work fine)  You could also just rename bootstrap.dat to blk0001.dat in the appdata/sync folder but just putting bootstrap.dat there then launching the client should be sufficient.

Jump to: