Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][1CR] 1CRedit Coin Relaunch - page 10. (Read 289971 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI
September 30, 2016, 11:43:24 AM
+60 % seems a bit crazy for a currency that has no devs and neverending inflation to me.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
September 30, 2016, 09:54:41 AM
Due to the recent activity on the exchanges, I just want to say this:
Be cautious! Don't invest more than you can afford to loose.
This is a very small currency with no real developers. I am looking into a few things, but I am in no way an experienced dev.

I am trying to make sure this currency can continue as I think it should continue to exist because it's the first currency which has a constant block reward since the genesis block. This is how emission looks like compared to bitcoin:

The number of coins in circulation is very small compared to BTC, so that kinda justifies an exchange rate that is more than a few satoshi's. But the number of users/holders will also probably be small for the years to come. This won't change until it's clear that BTC has problems attracting new people because they look at BTC as a ponzi. After all, 75% of the bitcoins are already mined in under 8 years.

The question that 1CR poses to all the cryptocurrencies is why skew the emission curve towards the early adopters?
Early adopters already have an advantage by being early, which means coins are cheap because there aren't many people interested. Why give an additional benefit by creating more coins in the early days/weeks/months/years ?

However it's not set in stone people will turn their back on BTC and other crypto's with "unfair" emission curves. Maybe big 1CR adoption never even happens. At this point, I see 1CR as a hedge against the emission curve of 99.99% of the cryptocurrencies that currently exist. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that 1CR has a fixed block reward, also makes it a lot easier to scale. We don't need to develop a fee market to have an incentive for future miners. So we can have larger block sizes and maybe even adopt a dynamical block size limit.
Maybe 1CR can even experiment with 0-fee transactions. I have some ideas, but not sure if they'll work.

A lot is possible, but please, don't have too high expectations. I repeat, I am not a "coin dev", so development will be slow.

I am an happy tiny holder of 1CR.

Thanks for your update and your advice to people.
Wise advice should I tell.

Continue your great work / developpment
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
September 30, 2016, 05:44:38 AM
Due to the recent activity on the exchanges, I just want to say this:
Be cautious! Don't invest more than you can afford to loose.
This is a very small currency with no real developers. I am looking into a few things, but I am in no way an experienced dev.

I am trying to make sure this currency can continue as I think it should continue to exist because it's the first currency which has a constant block reward since the genesis block. This is how emission looks like compared to bitcoin:

The number of coins in circulation is very small compared to BTC, so that kinda justifies an exchange rate that is more than a few satoshi's. But the number of users/holders will also probably be small for the years to come. This won't change until it's clear that BTC has problems attracting new people because they look at BTC as a ponzi. After all, 75% of the bitcoins are already mined in under 8 years.

The question that 1CR poses to all the cryptocurrencies is why skew the emission curve towards the early adopters?
Early adopters already have an advantage by being early, which means coins are cheap because there aren't many people interested. Why give an additional benefit by creating more coins in the early days/weeks/months/years ?

However it's not set in stone people will turn their back on BTC and other crypto's with "unfair" emission curves. Maybe big 1CR adoption never even happens. At this point, I see 1CR as a hedge against the emission curve of 99.99% of the cryptocurrencies that currently exist. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that 1CR has a fixed block reward, also makes it a lot easier to scale. We don't need to develop a fee market to have an incentive for future miners. So we can have larger block sizes and maybe even adopt a dynamical block size limit.
Maybe 1CR can even experiment with 0-fee transactions. I have some ideas, but not sure if they'll work.

A lot is possible, but please, don't have too high expectations. I repeat, I am not a "coin dev", so development will be slow.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 30, 2016, 02:45:15 AM
Can't wait to release the two exchanges with whom we're partnering! One is a large exchange in Brazil according to Alexa (ranks websites in terms of internet traffic).

We're updated on Coinmarketcap, huge thanks to those guys! I'm in talks with a game developer AND a designer (two separate people), so making progress on that front. We have a mining pool set up it looks like, and I have someone working on a great project that will be unveiled Sunday or Monday.

After all of this, I'm getting to work on the roadmap and would love help with that. The roadmap should be released sometime later next week. So much news, so much activity! 1CR is back!

While things like the roadmap and exchanges seem like short-term bids, I really am beginning to focus on long-term growth strategies for 1CR. This includes the work with game developers and seeking out existing games to partner with.
Activity: 394
Merit: 252
September 29, 2016, 05:38:58 PM
Marketing looks solid. The fact that your team has releases every few days keeps investors on their toes, and it keeps the hype about 1CR relevant. I would recommend to space out your releases though. You don't want to run out of new things to provide a hungry crowd.
September 29, 2016, 01:21:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've submitted an order to Coinmarketcap to fix that. They're very responsive.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
September 29, 2016, 07:04:23 AM
I just want to point out that the website address located on coinmarketcap is pointing to the old url...
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/1credit/#social
Activity: 1484
Merit: 505
September 28, 2016, 10:05:34 PM
Are you able to change the algo yourself (or someone else without one of the earlier dev's permission?)

Also, do you also have access to the source? I've reached out to a mining pool owner, and he needs our source to link up 1CR to mining, although we probably would want to wait until we've switched algos.

Furthermore, dnaleor, I want to extend a HUGE thank you to all the back-end work that you're doing. I can imagine that that work sometimes goes unappreciated, but I'm very thankful and I'm sure that everyone else is as well. I recognize the work you're doing (a lot of the technical stuff goes over my head, but I'm reading books to learn!) and it's really helping to add strong and steady value to the 1CR project. Keep it up, you're making us all extremely proud and amazed.

wait wait... I am in no way experienced in developping a coin. I can read code and code a bit. I will try to accomplish this, but I'm far from sure I'll be able to do it by myself Tongue

the source can be found here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit
Waiting for algo switch isn't necessary because that can still take weeks or even months to finish.
Adding new pools and miners now will help the current network with current algo.

and again, there aren't any developers for 1CR currently, so we don't need to ask permission to anyone.
transaction 2 day 0 !!! http://prntscr.com/cnlnub
September 28, 2016, 10:02:20 PM
So we're up in that mining pool?
2 days dripped and dripped coin 0 coins
September 28, 2016, 09:18:35 PM
So we're up in that mining pool?
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
September 28, 2016, 08:38:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
September 28, 2016, 08:16:25 PM
It would be awesome if we could get a pool set up! I believe the source for 1CR is here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit

yes mate so we can mine the coin and try to earn some coin, thanks in advance.
September 28, 2016, 08:05:25 PM
It would be awesome if we could get a pool set up! I believe the source for 1CR is here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit

Activity: 392
Merit: 252
September 28, 2016, 03:17:42 PM
if yoiu need a pool guys give me a shout
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
September 28, 2016, 03:16:58 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your efforts! Keep up the good work. Hopefully the community alltogether will make 1Credit thrive Smiley
legendary
September 28, 2016, 03:01:03 PM
Are you able to change the algo yourself (or someone else without one of the earlier dev's permission?)

Also, do you also have access to the source? I've reached out to a mining pool owner, and he needs our source to link up 1CR to mining, although we probably would want to wait until we've switched algos.

Furthermore, dnaleor, I want to extend a HUGE thank you to all the back-end work that you're doing. I can imagine that that work sometimes goes unappreciated, but I'm very thankful and I'm sure that everyone else is as well. I recognize the work you're doing (a lot of the technical stuff goes over my head, but I'm reading books to learn!) and it's really helping to add strong and steady value to the 1CR project. Keep it up, you're making us all extremely proud and amazed.

wait wait... I am in no way experienced in developping a coin. I can read code and code a bit. I will try to accomplish this, but I'm far from sure I'll be able to do it by myself Tongue

the source can be found here: https://github.com/1credit/1credit
Waiting for algo switch isn't necessary because that can still take weeks or even months to finish.
Adding new pools and miners now will help the current network with current algo.

and again, there aren't any developers for 1CR currently, so we don't need to ask permission to anyone.
September 28, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

legendary
September 28, 2016, 01:53:22 PM
we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

The only long term solution that I can see is changing the PoW algo

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.
New pool software is needed indeed. But Cryptonight is very CPU friendly.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Nothing is decided yet. I will be looking into how much work it'll take.
Cryptonight, I think this is very very bad as no one miner will want to burn the CPU at the computer !

But as it's also possible to do it with GPU, I don't really think it'll be an issue. People will for sure mine if it's profitable, and if not worst case scenario is only users will mine using their GUI client when they want their transaction to go through.

What if you switch it to X11 algorithm

there are already ASICs for X11.
September 28, 2016, 01:46:08 PM
we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Cryptonight, I think this is very very bad as no one miner will want to burn the CPU at the computer !

But as it's also possible to do it with GPU, I don't really think it'll be an issue. People will for sure mine if it's profitable, and if not worst case scenario is only users will mine using their GUI client when they want their transaction to go through.

What if you switch it to X11 algorithm
legendary
September 28, 2016, 01:43:35 PM

Pages:
Jump to: