Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][1CR] 1CRedit Coin Relaunch - page 11. (Read 289972 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
September 28, 2016, 01:41:17 PM
I'm all for changing the algo, but we have to get in touch with some of the founders of the coin, right? I'm willing to put in money too to pay a developer for a hardfork. Once the 1CR blockchain is stabilized, we're prepared to start competing with the other gaming coins.

We'll be aggressive in gaining traction.

the main dev pretty much left. So there isn't anyone doing anything except people who are here, on IRC or on the slack.
I am estimating that our active community maybe has 10 at max Tongue

so if others are following this coin and maybe invested a bit, please speak up so we can hear your opinions as well.

the part about "putting money in" isn't even necessary yet. Maybe I'll succeed in doing it on my own with some help of some friends. If not, I will need to pay someone. But I already made some decent profits with 1CR, so I am willing to invest some of that for the switching of the algo.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 28, 2016, 01:35:55 PM
I'm all for changing the algo, but we have to get in touch with some of the founders of the coin, right? I'm willing to put in money too to pay a developer for a hardfork. Once the 1CR blockchain is stabilized, we're prepared to start competing with the other gaming coins.

We'll be aggressive in gaining traction.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 505
September 28, 2016, 12:43:48 PM
we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

The only long term solution that I can see is changing the PoW algo

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.
New pool software is needed indeed. But Cryptonight is very CPU friendly.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Nothing is decided yet. I will be looking into how much work it'll take.
Cryptonight, I think this is very very bad as no one miner will want to burn the CPU at the computer !
legendary
September 28, 2016, 12:35:05 PM
we can't just set a maximum difficulty. That would give ASICs the possibility to mine a lot of coins constantly.
The goal of difficulty is to adjust it so that the emission plan is followed. In the case of 1CR that's 1 credit per 512 seconds.

PoW algo the best is sha256 Quark QuBit.And accordingly, need new wallets and pools.!!!!

not necessarily new wallets. You will be able to mine with "setgenerate true" inside the current GUI wallet.
New pool software is needed indeed. But Cryptonight is very CPU friendly.

It can be mined with GPU as well. But there is already some cryptonight GPU mining software. I expect it's not that hard to change the current existing pool and GPU mining software for the current cryptonight coins to a version for 1CR.

Nothing is decided yet. I will be looking into how much work it'll take.
September 28, 2016, 12:10:19 PM

legendary
September 28, 2016, 12:06:34 PM

September 28, 2016, 10:00:40 AM

Awesome! Can we get this referenced on coinmarketcap? Once some buys and sells get going on tradesatoshi, I'll submit the ticket.

This is a group effort. Just contact coinmarketcap and make them aware of the fact that we have a new exchange.

edit: seems like it's also traded here: https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_1CR/
The transaction no confirmation network !!!!!!

It's because the difficulty is -again- too high.

The only way to solve this, imho, is by changing the PoW mechanism to something more CPU and GPU friendly, like the CryptoNight algorithm used by Monero. If we do that, then ASICs won't be able to mine and raise difficulty.

If there are enough people in favour, I am willing to look into it and will probably pay a developer who is able to make this change (hardfork) happen.
difficulty should not exceed 8 32 256 to be able to mine only miners with usikami not more than 256
legendary
September 28, 2016, 09:54:04 AM

Awesome! Can we get this referenced on coinmarketcap? Once some buys and sells get going on tradesatoshi, I'll submit the ticket.

This is a group effort. Just contact coinmarketcap and make them aware of the fact that we have a new exchange.

edit: seems like it's also traded here: https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_1CR/

It's because the difficulty is -again- too high.

The only way to solve this, imho, is by changing the PoW mechanism to something more CPU and GPU friendly, like the CryptoNight algorithm used by Monero. If we do that, then ASICs won't be able to mine and raise difficulty.

If there are enough people in favour, I am willing to look into it and will probably pay a developer who is able to make this change (hardfork) happen.
September 28, 2016, 09:34:55 AM

September 28, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

The whole system does not undergo the transaction. 1 pool per day did not 1 coins all just Orphaned !!!!
September 28, 2016, 09:16:32 AM

Need Pools !!!!
legendary
September 28, 2016, 05:22:28 AM

legendary
September 28, 2016, 05:21:10 AM
Dev you need to make the coin POS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we currently don't really have a main dev. The coin runs fine thanks to Cassey.
We can change a lot about this coin, but the one thing that will probably never change is the 1CR per block PoW.

Possible code changes:
*Find a better mining algo that is more distributed than scrypt. For exaple the CPU friendly CryptoNite
*Change block size to a dynamical scheme
*Make transactions more anonymous
*Adding things on top such as lightning network
September 28, 2016, 01:44:50 AM
do not pass transaction
September 28, 2016, 12:53:23 AM

Activity: 116
Merit: 100
September 28, 2016, 12:20:39 AM
Update: We're unfrozen. I think that quick maintenance gives a lot of confidence to people who have been watching 1CR for a while now. Thanks to the Poloniex team for being so quick with that!
September 27, 2016, 10:16:23 PM
The market is temporarily frozen on Poloniex, the mods say that it is "under maintenance." Whoever's reaching out to work with Poloniex and helping them improve our blockchain, thank you!!

This is a good sign Smiley Improvements all around, as I like to say. Also, it seems that the market was frozen at 2:00 UST, indicating that it was a scheduled maintenance.

In the mean time, check out 1-credit.com! It's our "Coming Soon" website!
September 27, 2016, 01:33:58 PM
Dev you need to make the coin POS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 27, 2016, 11:51:58 AM
Wallets are working, mining is working, this is all good stuff that helps maintain and create new value for the 1CR project.

I'd love to join the slack! My priority today is for launching the "Coming Soon" website, but after that's up, I'll be in the slack!
Pages:
Jump to: