Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools - page 15. (Read 6551 times)

copper member
Activity: 129
Merit: 2
Hi, very interesting project you have here!!
Will it be 10am or 10pm?
Activity: 141
Merit: 41
Hello everyone
We will release a new version at 10:00 UK on July 30. The contents are as follows:
1 Display the balance of any address in the explorer.
2 Make an optimization for the paging function in the explorer.
3 Click the transaction ID in the explorer to display the transaction details.
4 Click the number of transactions in the block in the explorer to display the list of transactions in this block
5 Display the status of network connection in the windows wallet
6 Optimizes the calculation of Difficulty of luck core to better resist selfish mining attacks

It should be noted that this release will be completed within two hours. Please do not send transactions during the release period. Download the new node wallet to participate in mining within two days after the release is completed.
Also, keep your keystore properly before updating the new version.
This coin is very interesting, I created a Telegram group to talk about it: https://t.me/luck_cryptocurrency
Sherlock, maybe you can add it in first page together with the discord server link.
Nice job anyway!

ok, i will add the links as well as the discard links to the first page.
The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes).
At present, the token has the characteristics of anonymity and untraceability
1. If you can find out which nodes are mining and which are not, then you can trace miners and shut them down (or maybe not you, but some ISP's or government in the future will be able to do this).
2. If you cannot find out which nodes are mining, then how do you know that seed nodes are not mining?

Sorry you misunderstood
1 We cannot distinguish which nodes are mining. We require seed nodes not to participate in mining, this is to ensure the stability of the service.
Of course, the government or ISP can shut down our services, as well as all other services, if necessary.
2 Of course, if the seed node is mining, we will add other seed nodes once it cannot provide stable services.
Activity: 34
Merit: 87
The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes).
At present, the token has the characteristics of anonymity and untraceability
1. If you can find out which nodes are mining and which are not, then you can trace miners and shut them down (or maybe not you, but some ISP's or government in the future will be able to do this).
2. If you cannot find out which nodes are mining, then how do you know that seed nodes are not mining?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I think i am so late.
I don't think so. It seems that new projects have a lot of hashrate at the beginning and later it drops when users are selling those coins for Bitcoins. So if you want to have many coins, it may be profitable to start later, when difficulty will be lower and price will drop. Of course I may be wrong, but I saw such things on many other altcoins and here it seems to follow the same path.

Yes, it is never too late to join, I mined 37 coins in one day.
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
This coin is very interesting, I created a Telegram group to talk about it: https://t.me/luck_cryptocurrency
Sherlock, maybe you can add it in first page together with the discord server link.
Nice job anyway!
Activity: 26
I have recently started mining this coin. How can we check the coin balance on explorer. There is no option to check the balance on explorer.
I want to confirm if my mined coins are legitimate and I am not mining on any wrong chain.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
Hi, how can I check current diff? and also, is it possible to start more luck.exe instances to utilize CPUs with 8 core/16 threads? I have tried different ways (in windows) but no luck. It will not use more than 25% of my CPU no matter how many instances I fire up. Ofcourse I have set different wallet address per instance.

cool project anyway!
Hello, everyone
After several days of operation, the Luck core is stable, and the block parameters meet the expected goals.
In addition, we will make an optimization upgrade to the Luck core next week, which will not have any impact on the current chain data, and the specific upgrade time will be announced on the official website in advance.
Thank you for your attention.
Activity: 813
Merit: 1944
Does luck directly depend on number of nodes in the network? If so, then it is more profitable to create more nodes than to have more proof of work! So, in this way those who can allocate a lot of IP addresses and attach a lot of mining nodes has more chances to win a block! If that is the case, then pool pressure can become high, because usually servers and ISP's has many more connections than a typical, client-only user. Sooner or later all such users will have to join some server, just to increase their luck.

I think i am so late.
I don't think so. It seems that new projects have a lot of hashrate at the beginning and later it drops when users are selling those coins for Bitcoins. So if you want to have many coins, it may be profitable to start later, when difficulty will be lower and price will drop. Of course I may be wrong, but I saw such things on many other altcoins and here it seems to follow the same path.
Activity: 21
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
kiramine.com
hey there,

really appreciate it, sent you a PM.

thanks a lot

greetings

hey there dev,

our small Luck Community discord is steady growing.

We would highly appreciate it if you can join us  Smiley

https://discord.gg/TN6XhcD

greetings

I watched your community, good job.
We still have a lot of things to do for now, so we won't join in for now. Thank you very much for your maintenance.

In order to thank you for your dedication and support, we decided to send you 5 Luck as motivation. You can provide your wallet address, thanks again.
Since the source code is not yet opened, here is a brief description of the mining algorithm of the Luck project.
Mining parameters:
    alpha -> The mining difficulty parameter of the first phase, that is, hash(first header, first nonce)     luck -> After the first phase is completed, luck = f(header, first nonce)
    basis -> Difficulty base of the second phase of mining.
    beta -> The mining difficulty parameter of the second phase, that is, hash(second header, second nonce)
The algorithm of the mining process as:
1. alpha, basis = pre_compute (difficulty adjustment strategy, the current block generation is too fast, reduce alpha and basis; the current block generation is too slow, increase alpha and basis. When the difficulty of the first phase is too large, reduce the basis; when the second phase is too difficult, increase the basis)

2. Find a suitable firstNonce such that hash(first header, firstNonce)
3. Calculate the luck value by luck = f(header, firstNonce)

4. Calculate the difficulty parameter of the second phase beta = basis * (maxluck / (maxluck-luck)) ^ 2

5. Find a suitable secondNonce such that hash(second header, secondNonce)
6. Pack the parameters into the block to complete the mining

From the above process, it can be seen that as the luck value increases in the second phase, the difficulty of mining in the second phase will decrease sharply. For example, when multiple nodes cooperate in mining, the luck value is more likely to be a medium luck value; when they do not cooperate, the luck value of the highest luck value will be significantly greater than the middle luck value during cooperation, so the difficulty of the node with the highest luck value in the second phase will be drastically reduced.

Another note: Since each mining process is divided into two phases and and cannot be executed in parallel, there is no way to start multi-threaded mining in one mining program. For multi-core machines, you can increase the CPU utilization by enabling multiple mining programs.
copper member
Activity: 145
Hi Sherlock can You please add more threads/cores option in windows wallet at next update ?
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
kiramine.com
Hello everyone
For all the questions in the forum or email, I will make a brief summary.
1 Block synchronization problem. Due to our insufficient evaluation of users' enthusiasm for participation, only two seed nodes were deployed, resulting in some users not being able to synchronize the latest blocks. We are now launching the activity of soliciting seed nodes in the forum. Interested users are free to participate, and the following machines need to be provided as seed nodes:
CPU: 2 CORE
RAM: 4 GB
DSIK: 100GB
Network bandwidth: 5MB
Participation is voluntary. We will eventually select 10 seed nodes according to the regional distribution of the network. The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes). In addition, within one year, we will provide each participating node with a reward of 50 luck/month.
Interested users can send private emails carrying the node infomation and wallet address information as follows:
Node: lnode://xxxxxxx@xxx:xxx (in linux wallet console, you can get your node info by command: admin.nodeInfo)
Address: 0xxxxxxxxxx

2 When to open source code. As we stated in the technical discussion area, the core source code will be fully released after the mainnet has been running for two weeks.

3 As the project is still in the early stage of operation, there may be some uncontrollable risk. Please pay attention to your asset safety.

4 Future planning of the project. Any powerful use case or scenario needs to rely on the underlying operating mechanism. Based on the pursuit of the fairest mining mechanism, the Luck project decentralizes the traditional centralized computing power to achieve true decentralization, so that it is truly not controlled by any third party and cannot be predicted by any third party in advance, the network is decentralized and randomized. We believe that the more decentralized the more fair.

hey there dev,

our small Luck Community discord is steady growing.

We would highly appreciate it if you can join us  Smiley

https://discord.gg/TN6XhcD

greetings
Activity: 424
Merit: 106
https://Newrewardcoins.com

*ATTENTION! Many new launched coins contains Viruses and Malwares . Some wallets showing a false malware or virus flag because of the integrated miner. Nevertheless we strongly recommend you to scan the wallets before using it. Use as example https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ to scan the files for malicious ware*
copper member
Activity: 145
Ok I sorted it out If someone have really weak connection the sync will fall and You will have problems. Im good to go
Activity: 34
Merit: 87
It sounds like pool pressure will be even higher than on other coins. People will form pools not for profits, but just for receiving payments and staying connected to the longest chain! It is possible they will form "non-mining pools (aka well-connected network nodes)" first and later it will be possible to start mining using these "pools". If they have a choice between "less profits inside the pool" and "no profits because of being solo disconnected", they will join the pools.
Pages:
Jump to: