Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools - page 16. (Read 6551 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41
Hello everyone
For all the questions in the forum or email, I will make a brief summary.
1 Block synchronization problem. Due to our insufficient evaluation of users' enthusiasm for participation, only two seed nodes were deployed, resulting in some users not being able to synchronize the latest blocks. We are now launching the activity of soliciting seed nodes in the forum. Interested users are free to participate, and the following machines need to be provided as seed nodes:
CPU: 2 CORE
RAM: 4 GB
DSIK: 100GB
Network bandwidth: 5MB
Participation is voluntary. We will eventually select 10 seed nodes according to the regional distribution of the network. The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes). In addition, within one year, we will provide each participating node with a reward of 50 luck/month.
Interested users can send private emails carrying the node infomation and wallet address information as follows:
Node: lnode://xxxxxxx@xxx:xxx (in linux wallet console, you can get your node info by command: admin.nodeInfo)
Address: 0xxxxxxxxxx

2 When to open source code. As we stated in the technical discussion area, the core source code will be fully released after the mainnet has been running for two weeks.

3 As the project is still in the early stage of operation, there may be some uncontrollable risk. Please pay attention to your asset safety.

4 Future planning of the project. Any powerful use case or scenario needs to rely on the underlying operating mechanism. Based on the pursuit of the fairest mining mechanism, the Luck project decentralizes the traditional centralized computing power to achieve true decentralization, so that it is truly not controlled by any third party and cannot be predicted by any third party in advance, the network is decentralized and randomized. We believe that the more decentralized the more fair.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
Now I realize that bug was also on test net I send to one of users here transfer on my side wallet says the transfer is done and he don't receive coins so that means we have been on different chains. Second thing is do not buy and sell if you don't know on what chain you are and paradise I don't see any manual refresh on wiki. Each time I open wallet it sync to different max heigh size so they need to fix that. Make update and add nodes. I don't cry I can come to chain at any time and eat 30% of blocks so don't mind.

Do you really think this coin is worth mining and spending your resources with? Checked the website as well as the whitepaper, I don't see a very strong use case for this project that can help in getting attention from the community. The content of the website is very generic, nothing outstanding and unique. So I don't think this will pull it off in the trading market. I have the impression that the lifespan of this project is only short.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
everything works well for me
copper member
Activity: 145
Now I realize that bug was also on test net I send to one of users here transfer on my side wallet says the transfer is done and he don't receive coins so that means we have been on different chains. Second thing is do not buy and sell if you don't know on what chain you are and paradise I don't see any manual refresh on wiki. Each time I open wallet it sync to different max heigh size so they need to fix that. Make update and add nodes. I don't cry I can come to chain at any time and eat 30% of blocks so don't mind.
Activity: 121
Merit: 20
Make wallet work proper because I already realize that we have 3 or more chains. Explorer show over 700 blocks I mine on chain with over 600 blocks and PPL have less than 600 what a shit. Better close it now make good seed node and compile wallet to work with that node. also when PPL start to mine and they are not fully synced they create new chain what a misery. Sherlock close that and redo all to work like it should. Instead of making a mess.

I have same situation many times with other projects and don't cry like You so just sync again and join network maybe You can start cry to satoshi that You are late ?? Maybe they will reset Bitcoin too?? Be wise and Good Luck
Activity: 442
Merit: 100
Make wallet work proper because I already realize that we have 3 or more chains. Explorer show over 700 blocks I mine on chain with over 600 blocks and PPL have less than 600 what a shit. Better close it now make good seed node and compile wallet to work with that node. also when PPL start to mine and they are not fully synced they create new chain what a misery. Sherlock close that and redo all to work like it should. Instead of making a mess.

Strange for me there are two PC and both are in sync with the explorer.
One of my friend is also mining and he is also synced with same as block explorer.
One more thing the block explorer don't refresh and needs to be refreshed manually.
copper member
Activity: 13
Activity: 813
Merit: 1944
I did more digging and found that these binaries were probably built in DEBUG mode! So they contain a lot of debugging symbols, so I will try to extract some source code from that. A list of sections sounds promising, there are ".symtab" and a lots of ".zdebug" sections. There are also many github links with all dependencies.
Activity: 34
Merit: 87
The wallet on windows and Linux have a fu*&^% big issue make seed nodes to work correctly when I close wallet and reopen it in windows it shows Im at block 0 and its complete Huh?? cant connect to any peer and also in vps when I restart I see there are two chains already on one almost 500 blocks and on second 300 :-)
So they didn't fixed those issues from testnet. Yes, the client should download all blocks first and should not allow mining when there are no connections (unless forced by the user). I can also reproduce issue with 500 vs 300 blocks. My miner has all blocks (now around 550 in the moment of writing), but my client has only 300 blocks and cannot get any connections, too.
Activity: 813
Merit: 1944
a white paper
https://lucknet.club/doc/luck.pdf

or at least a github
https://github.com/luck-coin/
Unfortunately, there is no source code here yet. For now, I will try to dig in binaries and write something on my own, but I hope developers will publish the sources soon.

algo type
So far as we know, argon2d is strong defense against GPU/ASIC, which is the most important goal for cryptocurrencies. Argon2d is a password-hashing function, argon2d uses data-dependent memory access which makes it vulnerable to side-channel attacks. We will choose argon2d as the hash function used in mining.

block reward
What is the technical parameters of Luckcoin
Block size: 2MB.
Block generation rate: 20 seconds.
Total supply: 32,650,000.
Reward strategy: Decrease by 10% every two years
Initial reward: 1.05Luck/Block (1.00 for miner, 0.05 for developers).
Pre-mining: 1% for bountry.

and a "proper" wallet....its 2020, who wants a command line
There is the GUI wallet for windows and the console wallet for Linux, maybe in the future there will be some GUI wallet for Linux, too. But this code is mostly based on Ethereum, so probably when source code will be available, I think it will be quite easy to get some Ethereum GUI wallet and modify it a bit to get it working on this coin.

perhaps then, this coin, MIGHT, just get a following
Maybe, if it will not be dominated by pools. I still think it is possible on this coin, but I really appreciate any work on getting rid of pool pressure.
copper member
The wallet on windows and Linux have a fu*&^% big issue make seed nodes to work correctly when I close wallet and reopen it in windows it shows Im at block 0 and its complete Huh?? cant connect to any peer and also in vps when I restart I see there are two chains already on one almost 500 blocks and on second 300 :-)
Activity: 171
kiramine.com
why not ?

monero has 12 decimal places, so not very far away  Wink
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
The smallest unit is 0.000,000,000,000,000,001 and you are getting results in these smallest units. Drop last 18 zeros and you will get the actual number of coins before decimal dot.

Edit:
your node is just not fully synced
It depends. If "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is true, then you will have to wait to get fully synced. Otherwise, if "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is false, then you probably have all blocks. You can also compare "fort.blockNumber" with the number of blocks you can see in a block explorer.

So the block reward is only 1 coin?

exactly

What a complete waste of time...why would anyone want to work with any currency with 18 decimal places......

kiramine.com
The smallest unit is 0.000,000,000,000,000,001 and you are getting results in these smallest units. Drop last 18 zeros and you will get the actual number of coins before decimal dot.

Edit:
It depends. If "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is true, then you will have to wait to get fully synced. Otherwise, if "net.peerCount" is nonzero and "fort.syncing" is false, then you probably have all blocks. You can also compare "fort.blockNumber" with the number of blocks you can see in a block explorer.

exactly
It is 1.000,000,000,000,000,000 coins, so one with 18 zeros (if you count in smallest units).

Edit:

I am very sorry for the troubles caused by the problem of downloading the wallet. Your enthusiasm has exceeded our expectations.
Current network is basically sufficient after upgraded.
Later we will put the wallets on other third-party platforms.

Hi,

Just downloaded Linux wallet from https://lucknet.club/wallets/luck, and started mining.
Wallet synced, so i started mining, BUT, i have mined 3 blocks, and now my balance is 30000------000 (more zeros than i can count basically) I think perhaps your wallet is broken, either that or i somehow hit the "jackpot"

Thoughts?

Edit:
kiramine.com
I am very sorry for the troubles caused by the problem of downloading the wallet. Your enthusiasm has exceeded our expectations.
Current network is basically sufficient after upgraded.
Later we will put the wallets on other third-party platforms.

Hi,

Just downloaded Linux wallet from https://lucknet.club/wallets/luck, and started mining.
Wallet synced, so i started mining, BUT, i have mined 3 blocks, and now my balance is 30000------000 (more zeros than i can count basically) I think perhaps your wallet is broken, either that or i somehow hit the "jackpot"

Thoughts?

join the community discord i opened recently.

had the same issue

Pages:
Jump to: