Author

Topic: [ANN][AC]AsiaCoin - Relaunch - page 173. (Read 401002 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 30, 2014, 08:23:51 PM
What are your guy's market value predictions at 24 hours, 7 days, 3 weeks, etc

Let me save you some time... 50% will say to the moon, 50% will say 1 sat. 0% know.

Haha, I know, I just like to know people's anticipations, having an idea of when people plan to make their moves gives you increased perspective.

I know, at this point though it will be in the community & dev's hands to either build the coin up or do nothing with it... those will dictate where it goes more than anything short term.

I would also add, there will likely be both big move up and selloff in the near term... no idea which comes first...

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 30, 2014, 08:10:29 PM

Let me save you some time... 50% will say to the moon, 50% will say 1 sat. 0% know.

Haha, I know, I just like to know people's anticipations, having an idea of when people plan to make their moves gives you increased perspective.
Activity: 378
April 30, 2014, 08:08:28 PM

Activity: 238
April 30, 2014, 08:07:40 PM
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 30, 2014, 08:02:55 PM
even if you withdraw them.. they have to stay 14 days... daaa

I don't have an AC wallet. Is there a counter that shows coin age and will it give you a warning if AC is getting close to 2 weeks?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
April 30, 2014, 07:34:11 PM
even if you withdraw them.. they have to stay 14 days... daaa
Activity: 294
April 30, 2014, 07:23:08 PM
POS is almost here and this community is flourishing just like the coin!  Grin

397 blocks remaining before PoS
Activity: 224
April 30, 2014, 06:53:09 PM
POS is almost here and this community is flourishing just like the coin!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
April 30, 2014, 06:03:51 PM
Hasher pool banging off some blocks @ 130Mh/s ++

The pool is: http://www.hasher.ca

Easy to mine:

Username: your AsiaCoin wallet address
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3534

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 30, 2014, 06:01:04 PM
460 blocks remaining before PoS
Activity: 224
April 30, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
the part i dont understand about unlocking and staking -    if you unlock and shutdown the wallet, it still stake?   I thought the wallet had to stay open?
Activity: 532
April 30, 2014, 05:46:13 PM
Ok whats going on with the MAC wallet i don't even have a stake icon etc.... is there a update?
Activity: 686
April 30, 2014, 05:45:39 PM
 Looking for a good stable pool, way too many small ones out there. Who are you on, and what is the hashrate?
Activity: 112
www.xtracoin.cz.cc
April 30, 2014, 05:34:03 PM
Locked wallet has nothing to do with staking. You can keep your wallet locked and still receive the stake

if its locked it won't stake.

btw- you can also unlock it JUST for minting purpose.

go to the wallet-console and type:
Code:
walletpassphrase PASSWORD 9999999 true
  PASSWORD = your password
Activity: 364
April 30, 2014, 05:29:40 PM
Locked wallet has nothing to do with staking. You can keep your wallet locked and still receive the stake
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 30, 2014, 05:26:32 PM
Please answer the following the questions I have regarding the Asiacoin QT wallet:

I currently have my wallet encrypted and unlocked for staking, however when I want to send coins the wallet sends them without asking for the password. I used the "walletpassphrase" command to set this up.

1. I want it so that the wallet is encrypted, able to stake, AND requires the password to send coins. Is this possible?

2. I've also heard that you can unlock the wallet for a time, wait for it to sync, and then lock it again...and then in this case it will still stake? Is that true?

100 Doge bounty for anyone who can provide the solutions to these problems!!

Many Thanks!

1. Encrypt the wallet using password
2. Then in the settings choose unlock, type password let it sync

PoS should start today so after 2 weeks from today, open your wallet go to settings>unlock and let it sync...done

PS: Check my posts, there is how to

Thanks for your reply, just to be clear: In order to stake, I should unlock the wallet after encrypting it and syncing it and then just quit the QT?

I'm wondering if it is safe to keep the wallet unlocked like that, since you can send coins from the wallet if it is unlocked and encrypted without the password.

Is the wallet still safe if it is unlocked and offline?

Thanks

Unlock the wallet and leave the QT running. It will not stake if you quit. I'm not sure how long you need to keep the wallet open in order to earn all of your "interest", but I believe you should open it fairly frequently (every few days, maybe weeks?)

Even after unlocking the wallet your coins are safe, since you still have to re-enter your password before you can send coins.

For me, my wallet says it is "encrypted and unlocked" in the bottom right hand corner. When I send coins, it still doesn't ask me for my password! I did the whole encrypt first then debug window walletpassphrase thing in the console, but I still can't get it to be encrypted, unlocked, and requiring a password to send coins...maybe because I'm on a Mac and I have the old wallet 1.0.0.0?

it won't ask you after your password when it says "encrypted and UNLOCKED". you can click on "Lock wallet" in the Settings. and then it will be "encrypted and LOCKED". then it will ask you for password.

in that case if it is encrypted and locked then it won't stake, right? So I have to keep it encrypted and unlocked without password protection for sending coins in order to stake? Seems like a big security trade off for some POS coins...
Activity: 364
April 30, 2014, 05:19:40 PM
my wallet has a stake indicator too! v1.0.0.1
It's all good, I take back my earlier statement lol

Is there a Version 1.0.0.1 for Mac QT? The wallet on the Asiacoin site for mac is still the old one...does someone know where to get it, or how to build it?

Thanks

My Mac QT stake indicator is still 0 even thought I have coins there
The stake will start to accrue after 2 weeks.

I don't think that you need version 1.0.0.1 of the wallet on Mac, but better ask dev.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 30, 2014, 05:16:35 PM
my wallet has a stake indicator too! v1.0.0.1
It's all good, I take back my earlier statement lol

Is there a Version 1.0.0.1 for Mac QT? The wallet on the Asiacoin site for mac is still the old one...does someone know where to get it, or how to build it?

Thanks

My Mac QT stake indicator is still 0 even thought I have coins there
Activity: 112
www.xtracoin.cz.cc
April 30, 2014, 05:14:44 PM
Mintpal SSL error anyone ?
This notification on my Firefox:
www.mintpal.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: ssl2000.cloudflare.com , *.cloudflare.com , cloudflare.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

it seems Mintpal has some problem with cloudflare servers.

everything is working fine at my side.
TTM
Activity: 140
April 30, 2014, 05:11:40 PM
Mintpal SSL error anyone ?
This notification on my Firefox:
www.mintpal.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: ssl2000.cloudflare.com , *.cloudflare.com , cloudflare.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

it seems Mintpal has some problem with cloudflare servers.
Jump to: