Author

Topic: [ANN][AMS] AmsterdamCoin™ | 100% PoS, Masternodes, Obfuscation, Seesaw - page 182. (Read 272300 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 100
copper member
Activity: 1024
Merit: 513
txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange
OP, GitHub and wallet download restored
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
We only want the FACTS!
Can we not start whit the original chain?

Back to Scrypt? or fix the Quark chain?

Back to scrypt. Mutch better then Quark.

I even had a Mining pool running AMS.

I have to agree that I prefer Scrypt for mining also... but the work involved to bring everything back to Scrypt is a little more than I would budget.

Let's see what can be salvaged with the existing blockchain, and go from there.

Ok. let`s do that.

To bad the old scrypt chain is not working, would be cool to see Amsterdam Classic haha

If someone still has a copy of the old blockchain.  I would boot it up and mine a few blocks to for the fun of it!

The coins aren't worth anything, and it cannot be traded anywhere, the exercise of doing it would be something interesting to learn.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

I have to agree that I prefer Scrypt for mining also... but the work involved to bring everything back to Scrypt is a little more than I would budget.

Ok. let`s do that.

To bad the old scrypt chain is not working, would be cool to see Amsterdam Classic haha
We only want the FACTS!

legendary

Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Network is work, 3 nodes, pos and mn work...
Yobit need update.
We only want the FACTS!

legendary
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the tip!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
Hi Midnight_Miner,

I appreciate your devotion to AMS coin! I have followed AMS from the beginning and i bought some myself.
Can you explain to me what the big problem is and why the chain is not working properly?
Or in other words, what must be done to bring AMS back to working status?
I am no tech guy but maybe i can help with something?

Thanks in advance,

My introduction or connection to this coin was when it was a Scrypt based coin, and I mined a lot of it not long after it was launched.  I have been carrying my balance ever since and was hoping to keep it alive.

I have done a little investigation a few months back, and the problem that this coin is suffering from is related to the coin that this project is forked from.  The original coin was also suffering from orphan block issues.  I believe they took steps to remedy the problems.  It is a matter of updating the AMS wallet with the same fixes as the other wallet implemented.  

I haven't looked at this in a while, and have been distracted by other projects.  But this coin is on my hit-list of "Cool Things to Fix in my Spare Time".

If and when we get the blockchain running smooth again, there will always be a need to promoters and networkers to help the coin.  I would be a bonus if those promoting the coin where in the Netherlands.

Thank you for your explanation and reply! I understand now more what the problem is. Sorry to say but i cant help you with coding and updating. I live in the Netherlands so i will help with the logistics and promotion if the coin comes back to life.

If it helps i will send you 0.5 btc to cover the costs of working and development. So you have the idea that your not working alone on this project! Are there other people that we can trust and work with?

I ve made a couple times contact with Kees de Wit but i have the feeling that he is busy with other things. No offence! But i like to see AMS working again and i know a lot of people that would buy it if it works!

Have a great day..

Christian aka limxdev has the right skills for these kind of coins. Why not asking him?

Greetz
Steve
Hi Midnight_Miner,

I appreciate your devotion to AMS coin! I have followed AMS from the beginning and i bought some myself.
Can you explain to me what the big problem is and why the chain is not working properly?

Thanks in advance,

My introduction or connection to this coin was when it was a Scrypt based coin, and I mined a lot of it not long after it was launched.  I have been carrying my balance ever since and was hoping to keep it alive.

I have done a little investigation a few months back, and the problem that this coin is suffering from is related to the coin that this project is forked from.  The original coin was also suffering from orphan block issues.  I believe they took steps to remedy the problems.  It is a matter of updating the AMS wallet with the same fixes as the other wallet implemented.  

I haven't looked at this in a while, and have been distracted by other projects.  But this coin is on my hit-list of "Cool Things to Fix in my Spare Time".

If and when we get the blockchain running smooth again, there will always be a need to promoters and networkers to help the coin.  I would be a bonus if those promoting the coin where in the Netherlands.

Thanks you for your explanation and reply! I understand now more what the problem is. Sorry to say but i cant help you with coding and updating. I live in the Netherlands so i will help with the logistics and promotion if the coin comes back to life.

If it helps i will send you 0.5 btc to cover the costs of working and development. So you have the idea that your not working alone on this project! Are there other people that we can trust and work with?

I ve made a couple times contact with Kees de Wit but i have the feeling that he is busy with other things. No offence! But i like to see AMS working again and i know a lot of people that would buy it if it works!

Have a great day..

We only want the FACTS!
Hi Midnight_Miner,

Thanks in advance,

Hi Midnight_Miner,

Thanks in advance,

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
We only want the FACTS!
hey community! please can u share 2.4.0 wallet for Windows official site is down

Here is a link to the AmsterdamCoin wallet version 2.4.0

http://midnightminer.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/amsterdamcoin-qt.zip

I may take some time later this weekend and make a landing page for Amsterdam Coin resources if there is any interest.  Maybe a copy of the chain would be some help to those looking to run the wallet.

Let me know what you think.
legendary
Hi Guys. I want to clear up some confusion. My two coins are ONLY FLY and XDE2. I promised my dedication to these coins. I have not only fulfilled that promise, I have exceeded it. Fly is rock sold stable at 160,000 sats. Its an enormous success. Fly is 1 year old and I post on the fly thread 2-3 times a day!!! XDE2 is sitting at 400,000 sats. Another BIG winner. Massive profits were made, and development on both projects continue daily. The only link I have to AMS is Keesdewit, coded some of the fly and xde2 code. But, AMS is not my coin and never has been or will be.

I FULLY support AMS and encourage everyone to invest. Best investment out there right now, and I hardly ever say this, but buy it now while its still low.

Vegas

I can promise everyone with a certainty Kees will make a massive success with this coin. He is very hardworking and hardcore about his work. He will get is accepted by MANY stores in Amsterday, but that takes time.

Vegas

Jump to: