Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ANC] Anoncoin (anoncoin.net) | Privacy-centric currency | I2P darknet - page 23. (Read 40486 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Great to see the new version wallet ,that means the dev is still working on this coin.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Is there a working blockchain explorer for Anoncoin? (The blockchain explorers listed at https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Block_chain_explorers are either out of date or not available at all.)

There's at least a crappy one here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?id=190

We have updated the https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Block_chain_explorers page and have three working explorer now.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Is there a working blockchain explorer for Anoncoin? (The blockchain explorers listed at https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Block_chain_explorers are either out of date or not available at all.)

There's at least a crappy one here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?id=190
HPt
Activity: 70
Merit: 15
This is a Scrypt coin, obviously nothing was changed has to how much the hashrate and proof of work target are related to maintain the targetspacing for a typical average network hashrate.

If you want to use a value for your Scrypt multipool automatic switching to the most profitable coin, I leave it to yourself to calculate the best profitability vs other coin. All the difficulty values are in fact not comparable already, being different for different target spacing, and to use the reciprocal of anoncoin difficulty in your jumping script is not difficult. I will not help you further for that as we prefer to support the long term miner over multipools, and also because I do not see what issue you have in this.

So after block 555 555 we'll see the standard difficulty number or will it still be between 0 and 1? How do we get a comparable scrypt difficulty?

The standard difficulty will from now on be always between 1 and 0. This is what the PID is programmed to use, and is the target requested by the block at the tip.
1 is the lowest difficulty.
The more leading zero there is after the decimal separator, the more difficult it is to find a block.
The lower the significant figure, at constant number of leading zero, the more difficult it is.
Difficulty zero will never happen, but could be displayed if hashrate reach thousands of GH/s, because in fact the difficulty as displayed by getdifficulty is just a troncated representation of the minimum hexadecimal target to find the block at the tip of the chain, which is a 256 bit number.

I am sure people will get habituated, meanwhile just use the reciprocal, ie 1/difficulty to get an idea.

Otherwise, your miner program will display the difficulty in the reciprocal format.

Ok... so to compare ANC difficulty to other scrypt coins?

OK I understood your question, which indeed was a meaningful question! Thank you to have asked it.  Wink

The new command 'getnetworkhashps' is what you need to get the most accurate approximation.

Code:
02:59:18

help getnetworkhashps

02:59:18

getnetworkhashps [blocks] [height]

Returns the estimated network hashes per second, optionally for a given height and based on the last n blocks.

Arguments:
1. blocks (numeric, optional, default='tipfiltersize') Hint: The 'getretargetpid 1' query tells you the tip filters size.
2. height (numeric, optional, default=0) Default to current chain tip, or specify at what height the calculation is to be made.

NOTES: Block spacing is measured, so at least 2 blocks are needed to calculate one spacing interval, the more the better.
Pass in [height] to estimate the network speed at the time when a certain block was mined. Pass in [blocks] to override the # of
blocks used in the calculation, any value < 2 sets the min of 2 blocks. Expect a poor estimate, with so few.

Result:
(numeric) Estimated hashes per second, the calculation made is the chain work proofs (latest - oldest) / time delta.

Examples:
> anoncoin-cli getnetworkhashps
> anoncoin-cli getnetworkhashps 200 350000
> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getnetworkhashps", "params": [] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9376/
> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getnetworkhashps", "params": [5000,390000] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9376/

By default, it use the tipfilter size which is 21 block, but then the value will fluctuate according to the time it took to find those 21 blocks as given by the TipsAvg. If you want to know on a broader timescale, you shall use at least 120 blocks, which is the last 6 hours average. You can see from the GroundRod PID graphs that both the TipsAvg and Difficulty value will be then precise enough for the calculation of the getnetworkhashps.

Code:
03:15:02

getnetworkhashps

03:15:02

03:15:04

getnetworkhashps 21

03:15:04

03:15:06

getnetworkhashps 2

03:15:06

03:15:10

getnetworkhashps 120

03:15:10

03:15:16

getnetworkhashps 480

03:15:16

The value of your hashrate, divided by the 'getnetworkhashps' value will be the most precise to know how much percentage blocks you shall get on a time period, especially after the PID is activated which shall render the mining much more stable on a several blocks time period than KGW.
This is a Scrypt coin, obviously nothing was changed has to how much the hashrate and proof of work target are related to maintain the targetspacing for a typical average network hashrate.

If you want to use a value for your Scrypt multipool automatic switching to the most profitable coin, I leave it to yourself to calculate the best profitability vs other coin. All the difficulty values are in fact not comparable already, being different for different target spacing, and to use the reciprocal of anoncoin difficulty in your jumping script is not difficult. I will not help you further for that as we prefer to support the long term miner over multipools, and also because I do not see what issue you have in this.

So after block 555 555 we'll see the standard difficulty number or will it still be between 0 and 1? How do we get a comparable scrypt difficulty?

The standard difficulty will from now on be always between 1 and 0. This is what the PID is programmed to use, and is the target requested by the block at the tip.
The more leading zero there is after the decimal separator, the more difficult it is to find a block.
The lower the significant figure, at constant number of leading zero, the more difficult it is.
Difficulty zero will never happen, but could be displayed if hashrate reach thousands of GH/s, because in fact the difficulty as displayed by getdifficulty is just a troncated representation of the minimum hexadecimal target to find the block at the tip of the chain, which is a 256 bit number.

I am sure people will get habituated, meanwhile just use the reciprocal, ie 1/difficulty to get an idea.

Otherwise, your miner program will display the difficulty in the reciprocal format.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Activity: 252
New wallet looks great  Grin  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
People need to learn how to read the ANN.  It really isn't that hard and the answers to these questions are there.

supply? wallet? ico? Smiley Smiley Smiley

ICO?
Running the latest wallet synced to the same block as https://prohashing.com/explorer/Anoncoin but my wallet is reporting 0.00000135 difficulty?

Since I update to v0.9.6.11-eaf7af2 I am seeing the same thing for all the blocks.

getmininginfo
{
"blocks" : 538434,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000135,
"errors" : "This is a HARDFORK build for block 555555",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 3302921396,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : false
}

Hi,

Yes that is right. The difficulty displayed is a difficulty number between 0 and 1, relative to the minimum difficulty equal to 1, which becomes more difficult the smaller it is.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Translator English to Indonesian Language
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
New wallet is great, thanks for all the work on it!
Running the latest wallet synced to the same block as https://prohashing.com/explorer/Anoncoin but my wallet is reporting 0.00000135 difficulty?

Since I update to v0.9.6.11-eaf7af2 I am seeing the same thing for all the blocks.

getmininginfo
{
}

Hi,

Yes that is right. The difficulty displayed is a difficulty number between 0 and 1, relative to the minimum difficulty equal to 1, which becomes more difficult the smaller it is.

Code:
00:28:14

help getdifficulty

00:28:14

getdifficulty

Returns the proof-of-work required difficulty now at the tip of the block chain.

Result:
n.nnn (numeric) The minimum difficulty is defined as 1 and this result is linear relative to that value.
Smaller values indicate harder, larger an easier difficulty and all blocks will have a value < 1.

Examples:
> anoncoin-cli getdifficulty
> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getdifficulty", "params": [] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9376/

You can see it changing from block to block too, obviously.

Code:
00:09:03

getchaintips

00:09:04

[
{
"height" : 538504,
"hash" : "0000000000d929ff1592eb4adecb1d1e9d733510a3e984c995be35108903ab7e",
"shad" : "b0201d1fe8e462f6a6ed56090d9974435357bc14d79149065b623a3eba12a266",
"branchlen" : 0,
"status" : "active"
}
]

00:09:06

getdifficulty

00:09:06

00:17:59

getdifficulty

00:17:59

If you run cgminer against anoncoin you will see the difficulty moving in the reverse way, in this case the higher it is the more difficult it is. Cgminer made his own interpretation of the block difficulty, which did not change between the wallet version.

Code:
Connected to 127.0.0.1 diff 11.8M without LP as user Cryptoslave
Block: b381edee13ef64ef...  Diff:11.8M Started: [00:13:58]  Best share: 13

[2016-06-01 00:22:53] Network diff set to 11.5M
 [2016-06-01 00:22:53] New block detected on network
 [2016-06-01 00:23:21] Network diff set to 11.8M
 [2016-06-01 00:23:21] New block detected on network

The old wallet displayed the difficulty as a number which was a multiple of the minimum difficulty. That is why you cannot directly tell what difficulty relates to the old wallet difficulty for the user, as they are displayed differently, but the difficulty algorithms (Kimoto Gravity Well v2 and GroundRod Retarget PID) understand the difficulty very well, as the proof-of-work required difficulty algorithm did not change between KGW v1 and KGW v2. But after block 555555 with the change of the difficulty algorithm to GroundRod PID, the way the proof-of-work required is calculated will change and this is the reason why this is an hardfork.
In truth the PID Difficulty is a number of 256 bits such as 0x00000000010a2d19999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999, and the PID use this number as it is, but the displayed number by getdifficulty was simplified as shown above.
Activity: 151

getmininginfo
{
}
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
This all looks excellent! Thanks guys for your time and efforts in this project - you rock!

Looks excellent and works perfectly, the screens with traffic and peers are quite nice.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
This all looks excellent! Thanks guys for your time and efforts in this project - you rock!
Hey Cryptoslave, Do you have an eta as to when we will hit block that results in hard fork? I thought it was early June but recognize that could just be the original launch. Also, have there been any discussion about getting re-listed post hard fork on any exchanges? I'm assuming this hardfork will also fix the stuck coin issue (i.e., cryptsy screwing up broadcast, having to get rawtxid, begging killer or another miner to mine stuck transaction?). Thanks again. Haven't stopped never stopping lol.

Hi tomothy Smiley

It will fork in 19440 blocks, which shall be around Wednesday 6 July 2016, at 8h30 GMT.

I asked Bittrex but they seems to not look forward to as there was not much volume before (because all volume for western market was on Crapsy, sadly). Also exchanges still remember the TX fees problems and they don't like this, although some like BTC38 or exchangeD or Cryptopia never complained of this. And Crapsy we know was using this bad TX broadcasting as an excuse to cover their scam, they also did it with several coin to pay BigVern is 1.5 million house he gave to his wife and divorced so gov cannot take it away from him when he will get hopefully sued for fraud. So basically every ANC holder on Crapsy (there were 350000 ANC iirc) paid for BigVern swimming pool and he made up the TX bad broadcasting as an excuse. But then Bittrex also complained so I cannot think they did not have some problem at some point. Nevertheless now the TX fee logic and IPV4/I2P connectivity is completely fixed and I also have put back an hidden feature in the console called 'resendwallettransactions'.

Code:
23:56:37

help resendwallettransactions

23:56:37

resendwallettransactions

Immediately re-broadcast unconfirmed wallet transactions to all peers.
Note: the wallet code periodically re-broadcasts automatically.
Returns: array of transaction ids that were re-broadcast.

Thank you for your long term care about Anoncoin Smiley
Activity: 258
Hey Cryptoslave, Do you have an eta as to when we will hit block that results in hard fork? I thought it was early June but recognize that could just be the original launch. Also, have there been any discussion about getting re-listed post hard fork on any exchanges? I'm assuming this hardfork will also fix the stuck coin issue (i.e., cryptsy screwing up broadcast, having to get rawtxid, begging killer or another miner to mine stuck transaction?). Thanks again. Haven't stopped never stopping lol.
Pages:
Jump to: