Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum || A New Begining || UPDATE YOUR WALLET || - page 36. (Read 59490 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
hmmm, yeah, I guess I was going about it backwards.

Hey no probs, all input is welcome here, lets make this one fly once more :-)

Crypt
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Typo in OP - Kimono should be Kimoto.

DB error fix and Kimoto should be priority fix (ASAP), along with any other hard forks. Speaking of hard forks, is there anything else we should look into that would require a hard fork? What do you guys think of the block reward? I'm unsure how I feel about the random 1-5 these days.

Cheers for the heads-up re typo cryptmebro,

Yes I was thinking of changing the block reward at some point but like I said I just want to get the fixes sorted first, then ask the community what they would like, then put them to a vote.

This update will be on the same code base as the current build so that things can be done quickly with minimum hassle. the next one will try to bring us as close to the current code base as we can get as well as any changes that we want implemented.

And I am looking to get DarkGraityWave in this update instead of Kimoto, I think its a better Diff algo. if its doable.

Crypt

hmmm, yeah, I guess I was going about it backwards.

DB error fix and Kimoto should be priority fix (ASAP), along with any other hard forks. Speaking of hard forks, is there anything else we should look into that would require a hard fork? What do you guys think of the block reward? I'm unsure how I feel about the random 1-5 these days.

Cheers for the heads-up re typo cryptmebro,

Yes I was thinking of changing the block reward at some point but like I said I just want to get the fixes sorted first, then ask the community what they would like, then put them to a vote.

This update will be on the same code base as the current build so that things can be done quickly with minimum hassle. the next one will try to bring us as close to the current code base as we can get as well as any changes that we want implemented.

And I am looking to get DarkGraityWave in this update instead of Kimoto, I think its a better Diff algo. if its doable.

Crypt

Do we have a developer on board?

I'm looking for a developer to take us forward, but for now we are going to pay to get this done.
Its needing done.

I'll mostly be funding this out of my own funds, but any donations would be welcome. PM me if your interested.

Crypt

Do we have a developer on board?
Looks like we have a solo miner or another pool online

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arg/#!extraction

Did everybody see the second post in the thread? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14489272

Crypt
Difficulty
Re-targets every 250 blocks: 250 blocks until re-target insures accurate difficulty adjustments while almost eliminating the risk of difficulty stranding.

Is this some kind of joke ? lol

Clearly you know that anyone can solo mine or pool mine with major hashrate for those 250-500 blocks and make the difficulty stick for pretty much forever for the normal everyday miners.

This difficulty adjustment is so 2013 ancient, back then network hashrates weren't strong enough to even realize this major flaw in network growth & hopping hence the continuous difficulty adjustment upgrades, e.g KGW, DGW, DGW2, DGW3, DigiShield, etc.

Well yes it is so 2013 right enough, that's why we need a wallet upgrade!

The wallet has not been updated since 2014, and one of the things we want to get done is a KGW type Continuous Difficulty Adjustment.

Did i mention the coin had died?

It was actively traded until Cryptsy threw a cog and went into oblivion.

The reason we are still using this archaic wallet is so that the coin does not die altogether, It would be almost impossible to revive if all mining were to stop.
As it was it took a bit to get going again considering the block-chain had not moved in over 45 days.

Crypt
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Difficulty
Re-targets every 250 blocks: 250 blocks until re-target insures accurate difficulty adjustments while almost eliminating the risk of difficulty stranding.

Is this some kind of joke ? lol

Clearly you know that anyone can solo mine or pool mine with major hashrate for those 250-500 blocks and make the difficulty stick for pretty much forever for the normal everyday miners.

This difficulty adjustment is so 2013 ancient, back then network hashrates weren't strong enough to even realize this major flaw in network growth & hopping hence the continuous difficulty adjustment upgrades, e.g KGW, DGW, DGW2, DGW3, DigiShield, etc.
watcing with interest

Nice to see its peaked your interest at least :-)

any market listed..?

As stated in the main post above:

Exchanges:
CoinExchange: https://www.coinexchange.io
ARG Market Direct link on CoinExchange: https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ARG/BTC

Okay, not a BIG exchange and fairly new, but at least there's somewhere for now,
Actually I like CoinExchange.io ' s simplicity, and no bots for now :-)

Its also listed on http://payservices.com.

I might put a market request in at Yobit as someone previously suggested, but I would like to get a more up to date wallet sorted first.

Crypt
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
watcing with interest

Nice to see its peaked your interest at least :-)

any market listed..?
I can't sinc, any new nodes or an advice?

Yes I had initially a hell of a time getting everything synced.
And as Saracenis said, I also had to restart the wallet a few times on one or two locations.

Current nodes listed on the Block Explorer site are :

addnode=112.10.107.106
addnode=144.76.71.141
addnode=162.251.172.203
addnode=54.154.138.95
addnode=74.111.105.96
addnode=80.2.75.167
addnode=82.29.4.122
addnode=86.174.4.251
addnode=86.182.114.131
addnode=88.206.187.247

Try those/

This is also one of the reasons I wish to get the wallet updated,

Crypt
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Mine was problem to. Try the DB_config thing described in the post. Plus I had to restart mine like 5 times because it got stuck. But its long
Activity: 280
Merit: 103

Known Wallet Problem:
The wallet still suffers from a DB error for now, but if you create a file called DB_CONFIG (No Extension) in the coin wallet directory (for Windows users that's your 'appdata/roaming/arg' folder within your profile) with the following contents it will sync without problems.
Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000
set_lk_max_objects 537000
You may have to delete the already downloaded block-chain just to be on the safe side.

Nodes:
These are the current active nodes from the clients I have up and running as of 2nd of April 2016.

Code:
addnode=87.98.185.244
addnode=54.154.138.95
addnode=47.72.21.40
addnode=86.174.4.251
addnode=158.69.27.82
addnode=82.29.4.122
addnode=104.131.142.198
addnode=46.105.158.203
addnode=77.254.207.167
addnode=74.111.105.96
addnode=66.207.140.12

Activity: 173
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
The Wallet synchronizing is very slow. Do you have any advice? Torrent or other platform Roll Eyes
If I might suggest, more active exchange wouldn't hurt. Like Yobit.net for example. To bring more interest to coin - Just my thoughts Wink
Or its better done after wallet update?

A good suggestion indeed, but I think we should at least get the wallet updated first, also have to get the history and timeline of ARG sorted out from all the BCT threads and the Forum posts, get an over all picture of our history so that we can present any new exchanges with facts and not hearsay,

That way we can go on with confidence and transparency.

Crypt
Fair enough. Will support network for now then Smiley
If I might suggest, more active exchange wouldn't hurt. Like Yobit.net for example. To bring more interest to coin - Just my thoughts Wink

A good suggestion indeed, but I think we should at least get the wallet updated first, also have to get the history and timeline of ARG sorted out from all the BCT threads and the Forum posts, get an over all picture of our history so that we can present any new exchanges with facts and not hearsay,

That way we can go on with confidence and transparency.

Crypt
Stupid question from new starter. The DB_CONFIG file must be as text file with config extension, or just raw file. And next stupid question - in a roaming directory or just where I downloaded qt wallet? Sorry and thank you

no extension on the DB_CONFIG file, it goes in the appdata/roaming/arg folder.

Cheers mate,

I've amended the main post above to reflect this, hope its readable enough :-)

Crypt
Pages:
Jump to: