Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 239. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
wtf.. this came out of nowhere.
what's the current diff at?
(at work and block explorer blocked)
Activity: 110
We bow in its aura
Wouldnt people of iceland mostly just sell it for fiat? I think price will go down after "airdrop".
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
What is happening to the value of this coin? It's skyrocketing  Shocked
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Anyone know what I have to do to lower my invalid shares? Undecided Undecided

You can add --no-submit-stale in cgminer, I usually don't since they can get accepted as valid and the invalid shares don't really matter unless they are high enough to get your worker banned from the pool.  How bad is your invalid rate?  I think it has more to do with latency to the pool you are using than your local settings so it might be better to try a different one.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
1) Open coinmarketcap.com

2) New coins appears at #5 wit 30 million + market cap and 3$+ a coin

3) It is auroracoin

4) Huh

5) Profit

I get that it's 50% which contributes to the marketcap but how the hell is it 3$+ ? Thanks!

The real market cap is more likely to be 85 000 coins * 3.19$ = 270 000$
I don't really get this with the distribution. Will every grandmother get some and 99% of the population do not even know that this coin exist?

As long as they have a friend/family member who knows about it, especially if the android app is out on time.  "hey, let me see your phone/laptop for a sec..."  I'd suggest they take a 5% finders fee for the tech support :-)  With current value of 31 AUR being about $130 it's def. worth a little effort to make sure everyone you know claims their free money.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I only own four auroras I bought the other day and wondering is this a good coin to invest in at the moment for the long haul? I am not a huge investor but maybe thinking to buy a few more and hold. What would be the best ay to go about things? I don't have many of the expensive coins so want to invest wisely even the few pennies I got. Smiley If this coin will be highly used in Iceland then isn't that going to help keep the value high?

Invest in a double-cheeseburger
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Anyone know what I have to do to lower my invalid shares? Undecided Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Please vote for Auroracoin to have a section in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative"

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-beginners-reference-book-483187
Activity: 546
hm

3) It is auroracoin

4) Huh

5) Profit

I get that it's 50% which contributes to the marketcap but how the hell is it 3$+ ? Thanks!

The real market cap is more likely to be 85 000 coins * 3.19$ = 270 000$
I don't really get this with the distribution. Will every grandmother get some and 99% of the population do not even know that this coin exist?
Activity: 31
This sounds like a great project.

I think you could ignite a bit of passion with your approach. I'm buying a few.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I only own four auroras I bought the other day and wondering is this a good coin to invest in at the moment for the long haul? I am not a huge investor but maybe thinking to buy a few more and hold. What would be the best ay to go about things? I don't have many of the expensive coins so want to invest wisely even the few pennies I got. Smiley If this coin will be highly used in Iceland then isn't that going to help keep the value high?
Activity: 532
I have to say, I just read the description of aurora coin. It's amazingly inspiring. And not only is it an opportunity for the people of Iceland, it's an opportunity for cryptocurrencies as a whole. If Auroracoin succeeds, Iceland will be the first country using cryptos as their main currency... wow
Activity: 532

3) It is auroracoin

4) Huh

5) Profit

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
im mining but i still prefer more 'hot' coin - SUN
Activity: 423
I think AUR is gonna be a big deal in the news pretty soon.  I do have a suggestion: put a standardized specs description on your website and on the announcement page (algorithm, block rewards, etc.) in a concise format.
Cheers!
Activity: 13
another new p2pool

http://aurp2pool.no-ip.org:12347/static/

0% fee
global pool rate ~2MH/s

please join us to solve some blocks Roll Eyes

Example cgminer config:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://aurp2pool.no-ip.org:12347 -u AagW2ak7TZbKzZnQkDFqiEdDKhzZAwgGqr -p x

Example minerd config:
minerd -o stratum+tcp://aurp2pool.no-ip.org:12347 -u AagW2ak7TZbKzZnQkDFqiEdDKhzZAwgGqr -p x

PS.
Make sure to use your Auroracoin address as your username or you will be donating your hashes to the node operator.

Activity: 30
I might change to mining something else, but I'm keeping these until around the 25th of March when the 50% premise is handed to the Icelanders. That will probably give this coin a huge, huge boost. Let's hope it starts getting used for real, that's the best case scenario. Worst case, it profits a bit from the attention and it's a good sell opportunity.
Activity: 112
no news no hope
Activity: 336
Mining and buying eKrona is now better option: https://www.allcoin.com/trade/krn_btc

Ekrona is old fail.
Activity: 13
My Little Contribution to AuroraCoin network :-)

http://aurp2pool.no-ip.org:8084

Jump to: