Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 238. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Based on 10,000 volume? lol
Mastercoin, #8 on the list, has $8,000 in volume and nobody is batting an eye.  And come back and see the volume in 24 hours Smiley

This was a silent launch, but as of today I see real marketing going on. I guess it will be insane when the Airdrop comes and Icelandic media picking up on this.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
How many AUR exist at the moment, taking the pre-mined ones off?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Mastercoin, #8 on the list, has $8,000 in volume and nobody is batting an eye.  And come back and see the volume in 24 hours Smiley
Seems overpriced. I was thinking of buying but looks bubbletastic now.
If Auroracoin becomes widely adopted in Iceland, the price is fantastically undervalued at present.  And there are a ton of people out there like me who understand that the higher the value of this coin the day it is dispersed, the higher the likelihood it will be widely adopted by the people of Iceland.  It is a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy and as such, we're willing to put some speculative money towards making that happen.  Not just for our own profit, for Auroracoin, and the people of Iceland.  But for the good of cryptocurrency in general.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1988
122m wow ! :O Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
$11.61 for one AUR.  It's starting to catch Litecoin WOW
Activity: 103
Seems overpriced. I was thinking of buying but looks bubbletastic now.
Activity: 112
so if half of all coins were premined, how many are actually out there floating around as of now?
what is the current diff? I would imagine it's gone through the roof by now.
legendary
OMG 100m market cap WE DONE IT Grin Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
What happened to the price?  Grin
legendary
Iceland's economy has GDP of about $13 billion.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
How many auroracoins i mine for day with 575kh/s?
legendary
Nice coin,nice value and very nice idea to give premine a entire country !  Cheesy
When I first read about them giving it to Iceland, the ramifications of it immediately made themselves clear to me.  This is a VERY exciting time to be part of cryptocurrency.  This isn't just good for Auroracoin and the people of Iceland but for everyone involved in cryptocurrency.  If this is done well, the media attention is going to be off the charts.

Yeah, its what I think too Smiley
Nice coin,nice value and very nice idea to give premine a entire country !  Cheesy
When I first read about them giving it to Iceland, the ramifications of it immediately made themselves clear to me.  This is a VERY exciting time to be part of cryptocurrency.  This isn't just good for Auroracoin and the people of Iceland but for everyone involved in cryptocurrency.  If this is done well, the media attention is going to be off the charts.
legendary
Wouldnt people of iceland mostly just sell it for fiat? I think price will go down after "airdrop".
Some certainly will.  Yet others I have spoken to are intrigued and excited about the idea of utilizing a cryptocurrency for daily uses.  This is a very exciting time in the short history of cryptocurrency.  For the first time, we're going to see what happens when an entire country is fairly provided an equal share of a coin.  For free.

i dont see why they would sell of their coins.. if its going to be there national currency then wont they need it to pay taxes/bills and other stuff.. that would be like me selling all my euros for bitcoin when i need euro for food/bills??? wouldnt make any sence.. and the vast majority of iceland probly wouldnt know how to sell it lol will people be getting paid in crypto ove there?
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  I very much doubt it is going to be their national currency day one.  In the future?  MAYBE.  It is going to be interesting for sure.  I suspect it will be merely a competing currency for awhile, one that many Icelanders utilize since they are so upset with the current state of their fiat currency.
At current prices, every person in Iceland will get more than $250.00.  Not a bad thing to wake up to for free Smiley  I know I would take it.
Wouldnt people of iceland mostly just sell it for fiat? I think price will go down after "airdrop".
Some certainly will.  Yet others I have spoken to are intrigued and excited about the idea of utilizing a cryptocurrency for daily uses.  This is a very exciting time in the short history of cryptocurrency.  For the first time, we're going to see what happens when an entire country is fairly provided an equal share of a coin.  For free.
legendary
Wow,aurora destroy markey cap !!!!

Im officialy in everybody ! 84m !!
Jump to: