Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 262. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Just looked at one of the pools... current difficulty 25, estimated next difficulty 2.3 in 1000 blocks @11 mins/block? That means the next difficulty retarget is a week away, and it's going to be a massive drop.

Big miners and multipools have been pushing up difficulty then abandoning the coin at the next retarget for what, 2-3 years now? This is a known problem; I don't understand why a new coin in 2014 would have such a long retarget period. Do you really want this coin bouncing between X 4 and X 0.25 difficulty adjustments? Or have people completely abandon it because the difficulty is stuck at an impossibly high level?

It's especially important around launch, where people are more inclined to try something new, then move on. Peacecoin is dead because it's at difficulty 16, retargeting isn't for 1800+ more blocks, and it's been more than 2 days since one was minted. At this rate it will stay stuck at difficulty 16 for years.
I think theres something wrong with how the pools are showing next difficulty.  The difficulty has been changing and stays in the 20s and 30s.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Just looked at one of the pools... current difficulty 25, estimated next difficulty 2.3 in 1000 blocks @11 mins/block? That means the next difficulty retarget is a week away, and it's going to be a massive drop.

Big miners and multipools have been pushing up difficulty then abandoning the coin at the next retarget for what, 2-3 years now? This is a known problem; I don't understand why a new coin in 2014 would have such a long retarget period. Do you really want this coin bouncing between X 4 and X 0.25 difficulty adjustments? Or have people completely abandon it because the difficulty is stuck at an impossibly high level?

It's especially important around launch, where people are more inclined to try something new, then move on. Peacecoin is dead because it's at difficulty 16, retargeting isn't for 1800+ more blocks, and it's been more than 2 days since one was minted. At this rate it will stay stuck at difficulty 16 for years.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Love this ideal. Let's make Icelanders rich, not winklevoss twins Angry
Haha whats wrong with them?  Also, anyone buying or selling?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Love this ideal. Let's make Icelanders rich, not winklevoss twins Angry
Activity: 35
i am interested in buying and mining the coin. is there a mac wallet? i can see only wallet software for windows for aurora.

I am also looking for a mac wallet.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
We mined 900 AuroraCoins in the last 24 hours.   

We could use more hashpower at   CryptoCulture.

https://aur.cryptoculture.net

Hello educatedwarrior,
I am waiting till today morning for answer from support from your pool. I can't unlock account details and enter the payment address. I must wait for an e-mail confirmation.
I wrote an e-mail to the support and became an answer at my mail address, but I became no token to unlock my payment address. Should I mine at your pool, I could not become AuroraCoin to my wallet. Please clear this. Thank you.

Should be fixed now.   
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
You need to place the auroracoin.conf file into:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Auroracoin\auroracoin.conf

Doh!

Working now (of course)!

I'll just go sit in the corner here and keep quiet ...

:-)
Activity: 20
OK, I've installed the wallet and created an auroracoin.conf file (in the same directory as the .exe) with the following in it:

rpcuser=aurora
rpcpassword=coin
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=12341
port=12340
net=12340
gen=0
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
addnode=93.158.203.104
addnode=2.248.159.250
addnode=69.165.209.14
addnode=93.31.123.188

When I ran the programme for the first time I got the usual Windows Firewall warning and told it to unblock connections for the programme.

But the software doesn't seem to make any network connections.

I have a number of other Qt wallets for other coins installed on this machine and they all work as expected.

Running Windows XP, by the way.

You need to place the auroracoin.conf file into:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Auroracoin\auroracoin.conf
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
OK, I've installed the wallet and created an auroracoin.conf file (in the same directory as the .exe) with the following in it:

rpcuser=aurora
rpcpassword=coin
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=12341
port=12340
net=12340
gen=0
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
addnode=93.158.203.104
addnode=2.248.159.250
addnode=69.165.209.14
addnode=93.31.123.188

When I ran the programme for the first time I got the usual Windows Firewall warning and told it to unblock connections for the programme.

But the software doesn't seem to make any network connections.

I have a number of other Qt wallets for other coins installed on this machine and they all work as expected.

Running Windows XP, by the way.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
I'm super fascinated by this. Do you have any local vendors interested in accepting it yet?
Activity: 147
I really like where this coin is going. However, I don't think I will be interested in it for the long term. I have 25 AUR i'd like to sell. The price is negotiable but I'm basing my price off the http://www.reddit.com/r/AURmarket/comments/1x6xbr/pizza_delivery_in_the_reykjav%C3%ADk_area_for_aur/ thread where .01 BTC for 1 AUR. That's a good starting price. PM me if interested.
Activity: 7
Selling 40 AUR for 0.39 BTC.
PM me.
Activity: 30
I've got more AUR to sell now, pm me.

100 AUR = 1 BTC.
Activity: 149
Can someone help me how to do CPU mining?
Please, a detailed explanation!
I have 0.02 AUR, I can share with you if you help me!

Thanks!
First of all check this out for your mobile device (if you have android)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miner.scrypt&hl=en

From my I-mobile IQ9 I get 2 kh/s that is not much and I see no shares coming in :/

for PC  CPU scrypt mining :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-to-solo-cpu-mining-scrypt-based-crypto-currencies-on-windows-260049
or
http://cryptocur.com/litecoin/litecoin-mining/
That will give you the idea

EDIT: 1st share accepted
Activity: 31
Can someone help me how to do CPU mining?
Please, a detailed explanation!
I have 0.02 AUR, I can share with you if you help me!

Thanks!
Activity: 175
Say me please, what do you mean with OP pool?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
@OP

Provide the wallet address where the 50% of the premine is, or forget about everything.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
Your pool is dead

It's not dead.  What are you talking about?   The only reason the other pool is kicking is because it got advertised on Bitcointalk first.

We are mining coins man. 
Did I quote you?Smiley

OP pool is dead.
Activity: 175
We mined 900 AuroraCoins in the last 24 hours.   

We could use more hashpower at   CryptoCulture.

https://aur.cryptoculture.net

Hello educatedwarrior,
I am waiting till today morning for answer from support from your pool. I can't unlock account details and enter the payment address. I must wait for an e-mail confirmation.
I wrote an e-mail to the support and became an answer at my mail address, but I became no token to unlock my payment address. Should I mine at your pool, I could not become AuroraCoin to my wallet. Please clear this. Thank you.
Activity: 3
Hey there, I'd like to sell 40 AUR for 0.40 BTC, PM me if you're interested.
Jump to: