Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 6. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink  

I do have one concern is that AUR is trading on hope that Icelanders would rather use this coin over bitcoin. The marketcap is quite high considering there is coins with half the marketcap and have android wallets and a lot of other features AUR don't have. I hold AUR so I want it to do well but there is a lot of catching up to do compared to other coins on the development front. I just hope the Icelandic people feel a sense of emotional attachment to this coin over bitcoin as that is the only advantage it actually has.

Actually you will see a lot of improvements on Auroracoin in the following weeks, including new wallets.

You forget the fact that Icelandic people can't buy Bitcoin that easily, while Auroracoin is widely distributed here. So very few Bitcons are and will be within peoples reach here for the next years.

I will hold onto my AUR and sell to the Icelandic people at a fair price. I only have just under 40 000 but if they will be worth 1 USD each one day then I will sell them for sure.

This is not bad amount consider supply. I don't hold much more then you but also don't care if coin doesn't success but it will be good investment if success.
So dev team can take 10 years or leave coin it does not matter to me. It's all a gamble.

I also hope premine destroyed like promised, it makes all coins more valuable and your % you hold much more worth.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
what direction AUR is taking now?
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink  

I do have one concern is that AUR is trading on hope that Icelanders would rather use this coin over bitcoin. The marketcap is quite high considering there is coins with half the marketcap and have android wallets and a lot of other features AUR don't have. I hold AUR so I want it to do well but there is a lot of catching up to do compared to other coins on the development front. I just hope the Icelandic people feel a sense of emotional attachment to this coin over bitcoin as that is the only advantage it actually has.

Actually you will see a lot of improvements on Auroracoin in the following weeks, including new wallets.

You forget the fact that Icelandic people can't buy Bitcoin that easily, while Auroracoin is widely distributed here. So very few Bitcons are and will be within peoples reach here for the next years.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
Another national project like AUR is SPA (Spaincoin) they just destroyed the premine coins that not has been claimed, i think has been a  good move because otherwise the people that receive those coins will dumped in the open market anyway, puting more downward presure on the market, someone claim that the vast majority of coins are held for foreing people, is very dobius, even if that was true, i dont see the problem, the people who claim coins always has a choice if sell or keep it, if the majority of icelandic people just dumped for profit (free money from heaven) they already has a benefit from it, the people who buy this coin and still have faith in this proyect islandic or not has the same right because this ownership came from his pockets, nobody gives it for free. So from my point of view the premine coins must be burned if Balduro already has resign to continue on board i don´t see why the comunity can´t do this and move along Wink 

The majority of Icelanders have not been able to dump their coins for krona because there is no exchange to do this,  if any real dumping is going to happen it will be after the exchange is launched but I don't think dumping will happen
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
I invested many BTCs (and still have a 5000+ buy offer pending) in part because there is a plan to get rid of premine.  Once done, its easier to move on, more attractive for investors (and we see that there is more and more people curious about Aurora). 

A skype group has been created and allow people to chat directly with devs (most are present in this thread, but I do prefer a direct chat), and It's very impressive how skilled and creative people that joined the group are.  No rule on the group - except respect of differences, ideas, etc.  So anyone interested to share ideas, help Aurora future, ask questions, etc, can ask and be added.  Trolls are not tolerated - will just kick them out - but we are lucky enought, no problem to date.

Enjoy !
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin

It's quite simple, most of the trouble with this coin has been about the uncertainties around the pre-mine being under control of a single entity that is anonymous. The majority want's that uncertainty gone, no question about it.

We respect the position Balduro has taken and understand why he has withdrawn himself from this project to let the community take his place. The only action that I would personally hope to see from him is the proven destruction of the pre-mine as he himself described in his roadmap.

It will be his choice to either do that, or accept for us, the new DEV team to move on and finish his legacy.

Ok i propose to him, give me the private keys of the pre-mining adresses and i will destroy its  Grin

I also propose to give him 500 000 of the premine and destroy the rest if the decision has already been made, just to show gratitude for the clever idea he had.

I would personally have no problem with that. But then again, he is capable of orchestrating such a bailout himself, by personally destroying all pre-mine addresses except for one...
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Just make a poll about accepting the code with block and without the block.  Grin Grin

It's quite simple, most of the trouble with this coin has been about the uncertainties around the pre-mine being under control of a single entity that is anonymous. The majority want's that uncertainty gone, no question about it.

We respect the position Balduro has taken and understand why he has withdrawn himself from this project to let the community take his place. The only action that I would personally hope to see from him is the proven destruction of the pre-mine as he himself described in his roadmap.

It will be his choice to either do that, or accept for us, the new DEV team to move on and finish his legacy.

Ok i propose to him, give me the private keys of the pre-mining adresses and i will destroy its  Grin

I also propose to give him 500 000 of the premine and destroy the rest if the decision has already been made, just to show gratitude for the clever idea he had.
Activity: 140

legendary
ltex.nl

legendary
Activity: 1291

There will be a poll. Miners will vote with their hashrate.
You cannot destroy the premine!!!!!

This is something that cannot happen. You cannot under any circumstances change the promised supply to investors which is 21 million coins. Balduro will change his mind on the premine so give him a chance. He created this coin and no one has the right to fork it and destroy the premine, it's his coin now leave it as is and let him do his work.

We all want Baldur to finish his job. The original blueprint talked about destroying the remaining premine. Some have suggested distributing the remaining premine to all who claimed, or only those who claimed in the first airdrop 31.8 AUR.

The thing is Baldur finished the airdrop on time. He rerouted auroracoin.org to auroraspjall.is after the airdrop, but we are all waiting to see what he does with the premine.

All uncertainty about the coin will be lifted when Baldur acts on the premine. If he does nothing the new dev team will do it for him, by blocking the premine addresses with a hard fork. If the new dev team does not block the premine addresses we might be waiting forever to see if Baldur acts on the premine or not. I think the timer on auroracoin.is is when new wallets will be ready for a hard fork.

Do the hardfork without destroying the premine. It will add value to the coin and more Icelanders can take the airdrop with remaining premine. He has been very honest until now so give him time.

Do a community poll here on these forums but make it so only junior members and above can vote. Community say is very important, the new devs can't just do what they want.

This is something that cannot happen. You cannot under any circumstances change the promised supply to investors which is 21 million coins. Balduro will change his mind on the premine so give him a chance. He created this coin and no one has the right to fork it and destroy the premine, it's his coin now leave it as is and let him do his work.

We all want Baldur to finish his job. The original blueprint talked about destroying the remaining premine. Some have suggested distributing the remaining premine to all who claimed, or only those who claimed in the first airdrop 31.8 AUR.

The thing is Baldur finished the airdrop on time. He rerouted auroracoin.org to auroraspjall.is after the airdrop, but we are all waiting to see what he does with the premine.

All uncertainty about the coin will be lifted when Baldur acts on the premine. If he does nothing the new dev team will do it for him, by blocking the premine addresses with a hard fork. If the new dev team does not block the premine addresses we might be waiting forever to see if Baldur acts on the premine or not. I think the timer on auroracoin.is is when new wallets will be ready for a hard fork.

Do the hardfork without destroying the premine. It will add value to the coin and more Icelanders can take the airdrop with remaining premine. He has been very honest until now so give him time.

Do a community poll here on these forums but make it so only junior members and above can vote. Community say is very important, the new devs can't just do what they want.

Nobody can claim the coins now. He has ended the airdrop closed the claim site. So now the coins are just sitting there and creating uncertainty for everyone. I really do hope he will finish to burn the coins or have some kind of end to what he started and I still believe that he will come through as he has followed through what he said he would do until now. But we can not leave over 5million coins in someones hand without any certainty what will happen to it. Baldur have had some weeks now to work on this and he will have more than 2 weeks still to end his work as promised, what more does he need?

You don't need a poll to see what the community want and certainly devs can not just do whatever they want. The community decides if it wants to use the code the devs make or not. If it will come to that we need to block the premine addresses with code (which I truly hope not) the community always has the last word by accepting that code or not.

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Nobody can claim the coins now. He has ended the airdrop closed the claim site. So now the coins are just sitting there and creating uncertainty for everyone. I really do hope he will finish to burn the coins or have some kind of end to what he started and I still believe that he will come through as he has followed through what he said he would do until now. But we can not leave over 5million coins in someones hand without any certainty what will happen to it. Baldur have had some weeks now to work on this and he will have more than 2 weeks still to end his work as promised, what more does he need?

You don't need a poll to see what the community want and certainly devs can not just do whatever they want. The community decides if it wants to use the code the devs make or not. If it will come to that we need to block the premine addresses with code (which I truly hope not) the community always has the last word by accepting that code or not.
Activity: 140
As bright Aurora rise up everyday will get this coin more valuable then the Wink day before..

Activity: 248

Activity: 126
Ltex, will Auroracoin.is have an exchange?

Yes, an AUR-ISK exchange is being developed and hopefully ready on time, but no hard promises for now...

If there are any icelandic users here that are interested in being beta tester on the new exchange please pm me or skarfur for more info  Wink
legendary
ltex.nl
Ltex, will Auroracoin.is have an exchange?

Yes, an AUR-ISK exchange is being developed and hopefully ready on time, but no hard promises for now...
Activity: 126
No more new coins please.

Lets revive some old with good potential and already established name instead of creating new.
If they dump the premine in 18 days and are working on development whats bad about it?

Just invest speculate in both Iceland coins mate and you just need one to succeed, but we will need to make sure there is no hidden premine like with ASIA coin for this new Iceland coin.

There, fixed that for you.

You're taking them serious?... they forgot to register their name for a website and it was scooped the same minute they posted their name here. And then from someone that just registered on the forum to put that message here.

Pages:
Jump to: