Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 9. (Read 506373 times)

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
Ooh snap, who and what is behind Auroracoin.is?

The new dev group.

I joined their dev skype group, so far they seems to have honest plans.
Some members invested into new exchange which should launch soon.
Also they are closely bound to Iceland pirate party, which is extremely strong now.

What is most important the people are from Iceland.

Good time to buy AUR, people would be silly to not get in now when they can make 100 times the btc off Icelanders in near future.

The new dev group.

Is new dev group Criptoe from USA?
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

The new dev group.

I joined their dev skype group, so far they seems to have honest plans.
Some members invested into new exchange which should launch soon.
Also they are closely bound to Iceland pirate party, which is extremely strong now.

What is most important the people are from Iceland.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250

The new dev group.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

https://distribution.guldencoin.com/#/stats

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

Try to market Guldencoin when the Euro has crashed 70% against all other currencies in the world and I'm sure many people will be ready to try something new. That what happened in Iceland.

These are valid points Dinobotta makes, Pijpenstelen. Iceland is a country that has been completely cut of from foreign financial markets after 2008. They are the only country in the world that have overthrown their government (look up "pots and pans revolution") cause of the crisis and even have jailed the bankers that were involved.

Also the entire country consists of 330.000 inhabitants of which over 70% live in Reykjavik. A concentrated community that can be compared with the Dutch city of Eindhoven. That's a lot easier to reach than 17.000.000 people shattered all over our (I'm Dutch as well as you know) country.

This is why, in the Netherlands, we need initiatives like KwartjeTerug to get people interested in a more playful way. In Iceland the mentality is already very serious when it comes to "breaking the shackles" from fiat currency.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

Try to market Guldencoin when the Euro has crashed 70% against all other currencies in the world and I'm sure many people will be ready to try something new. That what happened in Iceland.
Activity: 131
The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Before 1stage airdrop, the number of coins in circulation where quite small. That situation made possible for the speculators to inflate the price of AUR to a insane level, for a new born coin. So the existence of AUR went viral in the cryptocurrency community, the national and international press.
Why 10% of Icelandic population participated in the 1'st airdrop?
1) Gold rush, free money falling from the sky
2) The hope of people in AUR fulfilling it's main proposition "breaks the shackles of a fiat currency"

So i think it's less of a good marketing and more of good luck.
Also Reykjavík it's a small city and moist of the Icelandic population lives in. Easy to talk with each other Smiley

For me this guy did the best AUR coin marketing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS-0EuTwa9Q
Activity: 407
The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Newly created website for Auroracoin, http://auroracoin.is/ has a timer ticking.

Now 18 days and 19 hrs?
Activity: 131
Thanks ltex

Eggert raised the concern that he can't trust the coin and that he wants a list of Icelanders who hold Auroracoin.

Baldur was supposed to be the guy to answer questions for people like eggert and once he left I decided to fill the vacuum.

Eggert if you spend some short time analysing the rich list you will see how transparent and trustworthy  this coin is.

1. The richest aur address is reserved for the foundation with one million air.
2. The next 15 addresses are the premined airdrop coins that have not been claimed.
3. The next 40 addresses are miners that mine Auroracoin.
4. From there there are about 200 people with more than 100 dollars worth of Auroracoin, these people have invested money above and beyond possibly claiming from the airdrop.
5. From there you have about 30 000 Icelanders holding between 100 and 1000 Auroracoin.

There is very little room for any scammers here, what needs to be done to win your trust eggert?

5. From there you have about 30 000 Icelanders holding between 100 and 1000 Auroracoin.
I can tell you right now this is a big lie, there is just over 300 000 people in my country and I would know many more people that have claimed these coins. This is 10% of my country. This is a big scam... good luck getting people to join your pyramid scheme!

I will only promote bitcoin with my people.

Why so mad? Why not get in yourself and make bitcoin off the Iceland people. There will be attachment by people in Iceland to go for this over bitcoin and we all win. They get AUR and we sell out at much higher prices and get more bitcoin which we can use in our own countries.

How was airdrop done? Was paper wallet or normal wallets? I hope paper wallet cause 90% of those wallets will be in garbage now and then destroy premine and only 3 million coins on supply. That will make value go up very high.
I know if 30 000 people have wallet and active the price would be higher then dashcoin that's why i firm believe most wallets are in trash if paper. Dash only have +- 2000 active user.
Can we get s time frame on the exchange?

I hope the beta-test starts in end of april. Skarfur, a member on the forum, has better knowledge on the timefrane.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
Can we get s time frame on the exchange?
ello mates,

what is the reason of price change? Last month?

Thanks a lot.

The Airdrop ended on 25th of March.
New dev team is taking over the coin and is working on upgrading the core code.
Auroracoin foundation was formed in Iceland.
AUR/ISK exchange in about to open in Iceland.

... perhaps I'm forgetting something.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange
ello mates,

what is the reason of price change? Last month?

Thanks a lot.
Activity: 258
Eggert has a point the biggest holders are foreigners for a coin that is meant for a specific country. The premine is the only hope it stays this way, this is not a easy situation because destroying the coins will make the value go up which is what everyone wants so we can get more bitcoins but from another stand point it's unfair for the Icelanders to be controlled by foreigners who will have the most say with their coin.

Icelanders got ~5,5 million AUR in the airdrop, 53% of the 10,5 million. How can it be that foreigners hold most of the coin?

Because a lot of Icelanders gave their airdrop AUR to relatives who sold them to foreigners. They largely rejected establishing AUR in iceland and just viewed the airdrop as a BTC or fiat present from foreigners.

I don't think the majority is in the hands of foreigners (let alone the rest of the premine, I'm not sure if balduro is an icelander or not).

I have talked to some Icelandic people here that verified that he is Icelandic as they had all their communication with him in Icelandic.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Eggert has a point the biggest holders are foreigners for a coin that is meant for a specific country. The premine is the only hope it stays this way, this is not a easy situation because destroying the coins will make the value go up which is what everyone wants so we can get more bitcoins but from another stand point it's unfair for the Icelanders to be controlled by foreigners who will have the most say with their coin.

Icelanders got ~5,5 million AUR in the airdrop, 53% of the 10,5 million. How can it be that foreigners hold most of the coin?

Because a lot of Icelanders gave their airdrop AUR to relatives who sold them to foreigners. They largely rejected establishing AUR in iceland and just viewed the airdrop as a BTC or fiat present from foreigners.

I don't think the majority is in the hands of foreigners (let alone the rest of the premine, I'm not sure if balduro is an icelander or not).

legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
Can we keep messages to English please guhs

Yup, you're right, I was just trying to be polite to our friendly French guest  Grin

Did you think about my suggestion to do a name change yet?
Pages:
Jump to: