Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 156. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
question:

do I have to put "--scrypt" into my param?

I want to overclock my usb dualminers and need to put argument in there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bump
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
The ny server rejection rate seems to be going pretty high right now. Anyone else notice that?
Activity: 7
Will the API be released soon? I'm eagerly awaiting it ... thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Well there was 169% hour one hour before and 189% one hour after that 45% hour. I seriously consider stop publishing hourly stats as they only make people confused.

Of course we mine LTC when it's the most profitable. You just can't find the same number of blocks every day/hour/minute/second.

If you throw a dice with 1-6 numbers on it, you will get 3.50 result on average. But you will never actually throw 3.50 in one throw. Sometimes you throw 5 or 6, sometimes you throw 1 or 2. You understand that, don't you? In long-term average you will get 3.50, but average of three throws can be anywhere between 1.00 and 6.00.

Mining coins is no different. The shorter the timespan the more variance there will be. Guess what. If you check minute-by-minute stats you will find a lot of 0% minutes and some 3000% minutes. If you check second-by-second stats you will find mostly 0% seconds and the second when we find a LTC block will have 180,000%. You don't find a block every second. You don't find a block every minute. You don't find the same number of blocks every hour.

I seen you explain this way too many times now.

Might wanna hide the hourly % by default (maybe only show 6 hours or daily) or answer to the next 100 newbies "Go read the FAQ before asking (stupid) questions.".

Maybe have a check box that require you to type "I understand how the profitability variance works and therefore will not ask why were arent mining LTC directly instead."
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
question:

do I have to put "--scrypt" into my param?

I want to overclock my usb dualminers and need to put argument in there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Activity: 28
Hey Terk -

So I made an idiot mistake today. I started mining with your pool, but used the wrong BTC address for my payout. I recently swithced from Multibit to Armory and mistakenly used an old address that I no longer have access to. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except my machine is at work, and I won't be going in until Monday. If it can't be solved, no worries, it's my mistake and I'll correct it on Monday. But if there's anything you can do...I'd be much obliged.

Thanks.

You probably need to provide your BTC addresses for Trek to do anything with it.

Good point...I just figured I'd wait for Terk to say something before throwing it out there. I'm guessing there's nothing that can be done about it,  and it's my bad, but just hoping.

Just PM Terk the BTC addresses... he can take care of it privately and you don't have to publish your addresses in public.

Justo sent him a PM. hopefully there's something that can be done.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Hey Terk -

So I made an idiot mistake today. I started mining with your pool, but used the wrong BTC address for my payout. I recently swithced from Multibit to Armory and mistakenly used an old address that I no longer have access to. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except my machine is at work, and I won't be going in until Monday. If it can't be solved, no worries, it's my mistake and I'll correct it on Monday. But if there's anything you can do...I'd be much obliged.

Thanks.

You probably need to provide your BTC addresses for Trek to do anything with it.

Good point...I just figured I'd wait for Terk to say something before throwing it out there. I'm guessing there's nothing that can be done about it,  and it's my bad, but just hoping.

Just PM Terk the BTC addresses... he can take care of it privately and you don't have to publish your addresses in public.
Hey Terk -

Thanks.

Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Well there was 169% hour one hour before and 189% one hour after that 45% hour. I seriously consider stop publishing hourly stats as they only make people confused.

Of course we mine LTC when it's the most profitable. You just can't find the same number of blocks every day/hour/minute/second.

If you throw a dice with 1-6 numbers on it, you will get 3.50 result on average. But you will never actually throw 3.50 in one throw. Sometimes you throw 5 or 6, sometimes you throw 1 or 2. You understand that, don't you? In long-term average you will get 3.50, but average of three throws can be anywhere between 1.00 and 6.00.

Mining coins is no different. The shorter the timespan the more variance there will be. Guess what. If you check minute-by-minute stats you will find a lot of 0% minutes and some 3000% minutes. If you check second-by-second stats you will find mostly 0% seconds and the second when we find a LTC block will have 180,000%. You don't find a block every second. You don't find a block every minute. You don't find the same number of blocks every hour.

Never saw it hit 0% (probably would indicate you messed up), and I have definitely not seen it breach 3000%, or hell, 180,000%!! LMAO! Either you have a better insight on stats, and should provide similar data for miners on your pool, or you are a hell of an exaggerator.

Roll Eyes   Reading comprehension.

Of course you've never seen it.  Only Terk can see minute-by-minute or second-by-second stats.  And it if he DID publish them even more would freak out.  WHAT?!  0%?  

There is a fundamental misunderstanding around here about how mining even works.  Coin mining (any coin) isn't some consistent thing like a nice, constant conveyer belt of cash.  Just like actual gem mining, sometimes you hit a pocket (3000%).  But most of the time you dig and get nothing (0%).     THAT is why you look at the daily average.

Quote from: Starscream
TBH Terk, you should just do it a daily average and not hourly.

100% Agree.   It confuses a good percentage of the crew.
Activity: 210
Looking to try this out.
Activity: 123
Any updates on the US west and Asia servers?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
For what it's worth, I've been mining 10+ hours with cropped/incomplete BTC addresses, i.e. involuntary donating to the pool. Of course it's my mistake and I'm not complaining here... and happy with the donation anyway Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Note to self: Generate a brand new address before using it in any pool. I made the same mistake when I set up a rig for my brother in law, then I thought I was mining at 200%.
Activity: 58
Hey Terk -

Thanks.

Hey Terk -

Thanks.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
BTW Terk, merged mining, how does that sound to you?

I'm not aware of any scrypt-merged-mined coins that are actually worth anything.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Never saw it hit 0% (probably would indicate you messed up), and I have definitely not seen it breach 3000%, or hell, 180,000%!! LMAO! Either you have a better insight on stats, and should provide similar data for miners on your pool, or you are a hell of an exaggerator.
What wasn't clear in what he said? The shorter the time span sample the higher the variance. If he does a 1h time span average than the odds of you actually seeing 3000% or 0% (whether real or not) are virtually non-existent but it might still be fluctuating enough to show profitability as low as 45% or as high as 180%. If you'd look at the 1 day average than the odds of seeing 45% or 180% will become nearly impossible.

Seeing extreme probabilities to either side (0% or 3000%) will require him to show you the average in time scale of minutes or even seconds.

TBH Terk, you should just do it a daily average and not hourly.

BTW Terk, merged mining, how does that sound to you?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522

I “exaggerated” the message for you.
Jump to: