Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 157. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Well there was 169% hour one hour before and 189% one hour after that 45% hour. I seriously consider stop publishing hourly stats as they only make people confused.

Of course we mine LTC when it's the most profitable. You just can't find the same number of blocks every day/hour/minute/second.

If you throw a dice with 1-6 numbers on it, you will get 3.50 result on average. But you will never actually throw 3.50 in one throw. Sometimes you throw 5 or 6, sometimes you throw 1 or 2. You understand that, don't you? In long-term average you will get 3.50, but average of three throws can be anywhere between 1.00 and 6.00.

Mining coins is no different. The shorter the timespan the more variance there will be. Guess what. If you check minute-by-minute stats you will find a lot of 0% minutes and some 3000% minutes. If you check second-by-second stats you will find mostly 0% seconds and the second when we find a LTC block will have 180,000%. You don't find a block every second. You don't find a block every minute. You don't find the same number of blocks every hour.

Never saw it hit 0% (probably would indicate you messed up), and I have definitely not seen it breach 3000%, or hell, 180,000%!! LMAO! Either you have a better insight on stats, and should provide similar data for miners on your pool, or you are a hell of an exaggerator.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hello,

noo please keep posting the hourly stats. They are fun. I trust you.

JJ
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Well there was 169% hour one hour before and 189% one hour after that 45% hour. I seriously consider stop publishing hourly stats as they only make people confused.

Of course we mine LTC when it's the most profitable. You just can't find the same number of blocks every day/hour/minute/second.

If you throw a dice with 1-6 numbers on it, you will get 3.50 result on average. But you will never actually throw 3.50 in one throw. Sometimes you throw 5 or 6, sometimes you throw 1 or 2. You understand that, don't you? In long-term average you will get 3.50, but average of three throws can be anywhere between 1.00 and 6.00.

Mining coins is no different. The shorter the timespan the more variance there will be. Guess what. If you check minute-by-minute stats you will find a lot of 0% minutes and some 3000% minutes. If you check second-by-second stats you will find mostly 0% seconds and the second when we find a LTC block will have 180,000%. You don't find a block every second. You don't find a block every minute. You don't find the same number of blocks every hour.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I have Gridseed miners which require Cpuminer, which does not have a --scrypt flag
but a algo=scrypt flag. I point my farm at Clevermining and get no report of hashing.

How can this be addressed?

I'm using BFG and Windows to point my 10 GridSeeds to clever, no issue here. Best of luck!

I have 50 of them and BFGMiner won't run that many

I heard BFG could do 50... Angry Obviously I can't check though.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
one question: why the pool don't do litecoin if don't have better of mining, like now 45% of ltc!!!! 1h of nothing! Sad

And the hour before was 169%.

Don't look at the hourly stats. Look at the daily average.

http://www.clevermining.com/profits/30-days
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
My cgminer shows a constant 6.0 MH/s for the past 15 hours but the website sits at 5.5/5.6MH/s ?
Whats up with that?

Besides the usual pool-side variance (especially with high diff shares like 512 at clevermining), you must also take into account the rejection ratio. Many altcoins have much higher frequency blockrate than pure LTC (either by design or transient "overmining" of the coin)

Rejected (stale) shares are not deducted from cgminer avg hashrate AFAIK
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
the pool have 15GHS i think that have enough power for find some blocks!
Activity: 265
I think it actually mined LTC but we couldn't find as many blocks as anticipated in an hour. Or that could apply to whichever coin we were mining. And it's not really "nothing" since it's still 45%.
Activity: 406
one question: why the pool don't do litecoin if don't have better of mining, like now 45% of ltc!!!! 1h of nothing! Sad
Activity: 126
Cryptonator CEO
I think it's easier to write a PM to Terk, your post might not be noticed given the usual chatter. From a user perspective, it would be nice. ^^

right...thanks
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
hey there

I'm curious if Clevermining might be interested in cryptocurrency exchange rates calculator widget or real-time cryptocurrency rates on their website? we could provide it via our Cryptonator API

I think it's easier to write a PM to Terk, your post might not be noticed given the usual chatter. From a user perspective, it would be nice. ^^
Activity: 126
Cryptonator CEO
hey there

I'm curious if Clevermining might be interested in cryptocurrency exchange rates calculator widget or real-time cryptocurrency rates on their website? we could provide it via our Cryptonator API
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Not the case.  PoolWaffle did build a stratum proxy and was testing proxying 25% of the pool when GHash implemented the tiered reward scheme.   However, WafflePool stopped mining at GHash as soon as they posted info about the 1.25x bonus.
Well, that's not true.
Waffle admin said that he is pointing part of pools hashrate directly to ghash until the promotion end, cause even with 1.25 it is better.
Yes it was true... What you are saying is not true. Show me a quote of WafflePool saying that - because he didn't.  A Chinese whale with ~20GH that has been mining at WafflePool (used to mine at MC for a while) is mining at GHash until the promotion is over.  But WafflePool has NOT been proxying to GHash at all.
Activity: 303
The reason Wafflepool's return was higher lately is (I think) because they jumped on ghash.io's "1.25x" bandwagon. That wil end tomorrow around midday.
Not the case.  PoolWaffle did build a stratum proxy and was testing proxying 25% of the pool when GHash implemented the tiered reward scheme.   However, WafflePool stopped mining at GHash as soon as they posted info about the 1.25x bonus.

The reason WafflePool's rates are higher now is probably: luck, or, the new custom stratum server that PoolWaffle built is really doing it's job. 

Time will tell.

Just a lol from me in that "classically" in cryptoworld means over the past couple of weeks  Grin
Classically, in this sense, would mean "before now".  CM's BTC/MH rate has always been inflated because of reject rate skew.  WafflePool has had a consistent <1% reject rate for almost all users over it's life as a pool - even if you set your intensity through the roof (say, 23).  This is because WP only considered shares stale if they were 2 blocks behind, not just 1.  Under the new switcher scheme, shares are rejected in a different way, and this encourages more reasonable tuning settings to maintain a ~2% reject rate (so far in my tests).

Well, that's not true.
Waffle admin said that he is pointing part of pools hashrate directly to ghash until the promotion end, cause even with 1.25 it is better.
Activity: 700
The reason Wafflepool's return was higher lately is (I think) because they jumped on ghash.io's "1.25x" bandwagon. That wil end tomorrow around midday.
Not the case.  PoolWaffle did build a stratum proxy and was testing proxying 25% of the pool when GHash implemented the tiered reward scheme.   However, WafflePool stopped mining at GHash as soon as they posted info about the 1.25x bonus.

The reason WafflePool's rates are higher now is probably: luck, or, the new custom stratum server that PoolWaffle built is really doing it's job. 

Time will tell.

Just a lol from me in that "classically" in cryptoworld means over the past couple of weeks  Grin
Classically, in this sense, would mean "before now".  CM's BTC/MH rate has always been inflated because of reject rate skew.  WafflePool has had a consistent <1% reject rate for almost all users over it's life as a pool - even if you set your intensity through the roof (say, 23).  This is because WP only considered shares stale if they were 2 blocks behind, not just 1.  Under the new switcher scheme, shares are rejected in a different way, and this encourages more reasonable tuning settings to maintain a ~2% reject rate (so far in my tests).
Activity: 854
I have Gridseed miners which require Cpuminer, which does not have a --scrypt flag
but a algo=scrypt flag. I point my farm at Clevermining and get no report of hashing.

How can this be addressed?

I'm using BFG and Windows to point my 10 GridSeeds to clever, no issue here. Best of luck!

I have 50 of them and BFGMiner won't run that many
Activity: 140

WafflePool just switched to a new fully custom stratum layer, and changed what qualifies as a rejected share.  Because of the change to rejected share determination, the WP stats are going to (for the first time) be more roughly equivalent to CM's stats.  Classically, CM stats always appeared falsely higher then WP - this should decrease now.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Activity: 265
My cgminer shows a constant 6.0 MH/s for the past 15 hours but the website sits at 5.5/5.6MH/s ?
Whats up with that?

No pool is going to display the currect MH/s ever. What CGMiner is displaying is the correct speed. Most pools calculate Work Units actually.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
waffepool today so far = 0.00844659
here today so far        = 0.00614

ouch
That's pretty significant. But wth are they mining to get .0084/mh? None of the big coins even come close to that atm.
WafflePool just switched to a new fully custom stratum layer, and changed what qualifies as a rejected share.  Because of the change to rejected share determination, the WP stats are going to (for the first time) be more roughly equivalent to CM's stats.  Classically, CM stats always appeared falsely higher then WP - this should decrease now.

Why are we below LTC and not mining Aurora now?
Aurora has a very long maturation time before it can be traded, and is a highly volatile market.  You can mine AUR, it isn't unlikely it will be worth half as much when you can actually sell it at market.

"Below LTC" is really a misnomer.  CM's profitability to currently below the "statistically average LTC profit", which is a lot different then actually being less profitable then LTC mining.  PPLNS LTC pools will have periods far below and far above average LTC profit as well.

That being said, is Waffle pool really going to have an actual higher per day earnings than CM from now forward?
Jump to: