Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]BANKERA – Building the Bank for the Blockchain Era - page 89. (Read 185959 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Ansault thanks for that. I suppose it depends on the interpretation of currency exchange. My interpretation was an extension of SC functionality as a brokerage exchange converting fiat between fiat/ fiat to the big crypto's, crypto back fiat. A trading platform/exchange for just crypto is a different beast all together IMHO.

Given the crypto/blockchain background of this project, I don't think it's a stretch to take it to mean crypto-centric exchange. Spectrocoin's platform was already operational during the ICO and so was the (trading) exchange demo, which any ICO participant could test drive. I don't see any kind of misleading or obfuscation there.

Why is the exchange suddenly a problem anyway? It's a revenue generating mechanism that benefits all token holders.

The exchange isn't a problem as is. The problem lies in the fact that they are moving away further and further from the original plan. The plan was to make a crypto bank! BANKERA not EXCHANGERA If you have read everything correctly i have asked multiple times if and when they applied for a banking license.

The answer to that was:
that it would be a waiste of time and resrouces to go and get a banking license because Pervesk already has one.
Next to that we always have been told that pervesk was part of the whole "eco-system", but yesterday they told us there will be no wr from Pervesk.

So to keep it simpel. The revenue which should make our wr is now done by a sister company which they can let charge every price as they are the owners and whatver goos into Pervesk they don't have to share with you and me.
And for Bankera there will be no banking license what was the idea what attracted me to the project.

According to unofficial data, Banker was interested in the possibilities to obtain a license from the Bank of Lithuania, but was not endorsed as it did not collect details on the identity of investors in ICO Banker

https://www.vz.lt/rinkos/2018/09/21/mokejimu-istaigai-ir-jos-vadovui--12-mln-eur-baudu#ixzz5T0jPZ9ZB

Spectro Finance, headed by Mr. Karalevicius, also affiliated with the Spectro Coin cryptanalytic exchange, did not submit the last year's financial statements to the Center of Registers. The company employs 36 people.
That above will be delivered soon i guess

See now this article makes the picture clearer to me. 
Activity: 292
Merit: 16
so ,,should i sell my 5 million BNK tokens or not ?

not yet! it seems they got the message.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here
so ,,should i sell my 5 million BNK tokens or not ?
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

Ansault thanks for that. I suppose it depends on the interpretation of currency exchange. My interpretation was an extension of SC functionality as a brokerage exchange converting fiat between fiat/ fiat to the big crypto's, crypto back fiat. A trading platform/exchange for just crypto is a different beast all together IMHO.

Given the crypto/blockchain background of this project, I don't think it's a stretch to take it to mean crypto-centric exchange. Spectrocoin's platform was already operational during the ICO and so was the (trading) exchange demo, which any ICO participant could test drive. I don't see any kind of misleading or obfuscation there.

Why is the exchange suddenly a problem anyway? It's a revenue generating mechanism that benefits all token holders.

The exchange isn't a problem as is. The problem lies in the fact that they are moving away further and further from the original plan. The plan was to make a crypto bank! BANKERA not EXCHANGERA If you have read everything correctly i have asked multiple times if and when they applied for a banking license.

The answer to that was:
that it would be a waiste of time and resrouces to go and get a banking license because Pervesk already has one.
Next to that we always have been told that pervesk was part of the whole "eco-system", but yesterday they told us there will be no wr from Pervesk.

So to keep it simpel. The revenue which should make our wr is now done by a sister company which they can let charge every price as they are the owners and whatver goos into Pervesk they don't have to share with you and me.
And for Bankera there will be no banking license what was the idea what attracted me to the project.

According to unofficial data, Banker was interested in the possibilities to obtain a license from the Bank of Lithuania, but was not endorsed as it did not collect details on the identity of investors in ICO Banker

https://www.vz.lt/rinkos/2018/09/21/mokejimu-istaigai-ir-jos-vadovui--12-mln-eur-baudu#ixzz5T0jPZ9ZB

Spectro Finance, headed by Mr. Karalevicius, also affiliated with the Spectro Coin cryptanalytic exchange, did not submit the last year's financial statements to the Center of Registers. The company employs 36 people.
That above will be delivered soon i guess

Activity: 105
Merit: 1
Just glanced at the chat and found this:

Their stance hasn't changed at all, Bankera is going to be a bank. So what's all the bellyaching about?

The answer to that was:

From the whitepaper:

To achieve this, Bankera will not only become a regulated European bank, but
also will seek to become authorised issuer and acquirer of payment cards and obtain
banking licenses in key jurisdictions to avoid dependency on the correspondent bank
services
, which are extremely fragile nowadays as identified by the World Bank when
they concluded that correspondent banking relationships (CBRs) are declining due to
several factors including AML risk or reduction of risk.

Are you saying they have gone on record completely changing their tune about not wanting to rely on correspondent banks (like Pervesk) and abandoned the goal to become a fully licenced bank?

I'm not saying anything. This is what i'm trying to find out, if you read the last few pages this is the conclusion one might draw. But you tell me what you make out of it?

Unless you can produce concrete evidence Bankera has gone 180 on their promise to become a fully licenced bank, you're just contributing to the FUD. Running around like chicken little yelling "Is the sky falling?!?!?! Is it?!?!?!?" is not helping anybody.

well unlike you running around with fairytales and fairydust spreading fomo all day. I thought i invested in a BANK. Not some crowdfunding project who wishes to send some home meals or something. So unless they have a good explanation how things are managed and organised i wish you keep your FUD campain to yourself. Because at the moment we are a year in and the only answer i'm getting is that getting a bank license will be a waist of money. If that for you sounds like the next new crypto bank fine by me! but i rather get some reansurance ok harry potter?

The answer to that was:

From the whitepaper:

also will seek to become authorised issuer and acquirer of payment cards and obtain
banking licenses in key jurisdictions to avoid dependency on the correspondent bank
services
they concluded that correspondent banking relationships (CBRs) are declining due to

Are you saying they have gone on record completely changing their tune about not wanting to rely on correspondent banks (like Pervesk) and abandoned the goal to become a fully licenced bank?

I'm not saying anything. This is what i'm trying to find out, if you read the last few pages this is the conclusion one might draw. But you tell me what you make out of it?

Unless you can produce concrete evidence Bankera has gone 180 on their promise to become a fully licenced bank, you're just contributing to the FUD. Running around like chicken little yelling "Is the sky falling?!?!?! Is it?!?!?!?" is not helping anybody.

Activity: 32
go to proxy URL:  https://m.sslsecureproxy.com/

then type bankera's URL:  www.bankera.com

They have job openings in 2 cities.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
the bankera website is still the same as it was a few months ago. there's no big change there either. you don't have a web designer. the project disappoints me a lot. I thought the team is great. But I was wrong. the little LYMPO ICO is much better.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
All Crypto card projects are suffering delays. So that’s not Bankera exclusive.

The answer to that was:

From the whitepaper:

services

The answer to that was:

From the whitepaper:

services

The answer to that was:

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing what I’m saying is that it was a deviation away from the original plan. Huup in his previous post showed from chat with Vytautas one of the reasons why.
To be fairly honest, we can review original Whitepaper. I have this "bad habit" of saving documents when spending money on something.
I have Bankera's WP dated (saved on my PC) 20 August 2017, so means it's more likely first one from pre-ICO and ICO stage.

Here is link to it: https://we.tl/t-VLoN7LjZ62

From the roadmap we can see that Bankera (not partner companies) should do following: "Mid-2018 Establishing EU regulated bank".

Section 1, intro

"We encourage supporters to try Bankera’s services before participating in the ICO."

Section 5, about banking

" Licensing is one of the key assets of financial institutions. Currently, Bankera’s management team has obtained a payment institution’s (PI) license and is authorised to operate in all European Economic Area (EEA) regions. Bankera expects to obtain an electronic money institution (EMI) license before the ICO, to have a solid foundation in place to provide the planned services except accepting deposits and offering investment products, which will come later."

Section 9, timeline

" In terms of revenue streams, Bankera will initially focus on core banking activities such as lending and payment processing, following the establishment of an EU banking license. The next product option that Bankera will introduce will be low-cost investment options for clients via EFTs. Eventually, the bank will offer a full range of investment services including trading, custody and investment banking services for its clients. Bankera will also offer robo-advisory based wealth management services for its clients."

" The preliminary timeline is: pre-ICO by the end of August, the launch of the minimum viable product with working IBAN and payment cards support by mid-October, a start of ICO preparations by late September, the end of ICO by the beginning of November. Bankera will offer advanced payment processing solution by summer 2018. Applying for a banking license by autumn 2018. Getting banking license in EU by late 2019. Starting deposit and lending business by mid-2019 (initially from Bankera’s capital)."

I didn't see (at quick look) any mentioning that Bankera will use partners with licenses, etc.
Whitepaper refers to Bankera as main entity obtaining all licenses required for proper functioning of hybrid banking institution.

It's been clearly said that Bankera will apply for banking license.

Now we can confront original Whitepaper with current one and statements from Bankera project.

Solution to get all clarified might be face to face meeting with board.
ICO is form of investing, so investors meetup is nothing unusual.
That way we could confront board with facts and see what they say.

Suggestion to Bankera

Because lot of promises has not been met as well as you not providing proper feedback and banning people asking right questions you should consider buy-back program, where you buy back tokens from ICO investors paying ICO price. We bought into different idea and project, described in original whitepaper and it doesn't seem it is being delivered as per original promise which made us invest.
Oterwise, it might turn into official legal battle. Not sure if people you mentioned in Whitepaper (EU officials) are willing to be involved in this type of "business".
Basically we invested in Bankera as product and future company and now money is being distributed amongst child companies which, I would assume, are not even own by Bankera, just by same people running those project/companies separately.

PS.
I did try Bankera services, as advised in intro. Had virtual credit card, then Bankera (SpectroCoin in fact) cancelled it because WavesCrest cancelled agreement with them. Support said that in 2-3 months I will get new virtual CC, once they will have partnership with new card issues. That was about 6-7 months ago and of course as we can imagine, replacement card never showed up.
Thank you
Activity: 854
Merit: 123
We are happy to announce that Darius Kulikauskas, an expert in financial regulation, has joined Bankera as our Advisor. The knowledge Darius has accumulated in traditional banking will be adapted to FinTech and digital banking with the Blockchain technology.

For more information, please visit our blog: https://blog.bankera.com/2018/10/09/expert-in-financial-regulation-has-joined-bankeras-advisory-board/.

Activity: 350
Merit: 15
To be fairly honest, we can review original Whitepaper. I have this "bad habit" of saving documents when spending money on something.
I have Bankera's WP dated (saved on my PC) 20 August 2017, so means it's more likely first one from pre-ICO and ICO stage.

Here is link to it: https://we.tl/t-VLoN7LjZ62

From the roadmap we can see that Bankera (not partner companies) should do following: "Mid-2018 Establishing EU regulated bank".

Section 1, intro

"We encourage supporters to try Bankera’s services before participating in the ICO."

Section 5, about banking

" Licensing is one of the key assets of financial institutions. Currently, Bankera’s management team has obtained a payment institution’s (PI) license and is authorised to operate in all European Economic Area (EEA) regions. Bankera expects to obtain an electronic money institution (EMI) license before the ICO, to have a solid foundation in place to provide the planned services except accepting deposits and offering investment products, which will come later."

Section 9, timeline

" In terms of revenue streams, Bankera will initially focus on core banking activities such as lending and payment processing, following the establishment of an EU banking license. The next product option that Bankera will introduce will be low-cost investment options for clients via EFTs. Eventually, the bank will offer a full range of investment services including trading, custody and investment banking services for its clients. Bankera will also offer robo-advisory based wealth management services for its clients."

" The preliminary timeline is: pre-ICO by the end of August, the launch of the minimum viable product with working IBAN and payment cards support by mid-October, a start of ICO preparations by late September, the end of ICO by the beginning of November. Bankera will offer advanced payment processing solution by summer 2018. Applying for a banking license by autumn 2018. Getting banking license in EU by late 2019. Starting deposit and lending business by mid-2019 (initially from Bankera’s capital)."

I didn't see (at quick look) any mentioning that Bankera will use partners with licenses, etc.
Whitepaper refers to Bankera as main entity obtaining all licenses required for proper functioning of hybrid banking institution.

It's been clearly said that Bankera will apply for banking license.

Now we can confront original Whitepaper with current one and statements from Bankera project.

Solution to get all clarified might be face to face meeting with board.
ICO is form of investing, so investors meetup is nothing unusual.
That way we could confront board with facts and see what they say.

Suggestion to Bankera

Because lot of promises has not been met as well as you not providing proper feedback and banning people asking right questions you should consider buy-back program, where you buy back tokens from ICO investors paying ICO price. We bought into different idea and project, described in original whitepaper and it doesn't seem it is being delivered as per original promise which made us invest.
Oterwise, it might turn into official legal battle. Not sure if people you mentioned in Whitepaper (EU officials) are willing to be involved in this type of "business".
Basically we invested in Bankera as product and future company and now money is being distributed amongst child companies which, I would assume, are not even own by Bankera, just by same people running those project/companies separately.

PS.
I did try Bankera services, as advised in intro. Had virtual credit card, then Bankera (SpectroCoin in fact) cancelled it because WavesCrest cancelled agreement with them. Support said that in 2-3 months I will get new virtual CC, once they will have partnership with new card issues. That was about 6-7 months ago and of course as we can imagine, replacement card never showed up.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
I have no problem logging into spectrocoin. Bankera website seems up as well.

Activity: 3
Quote from: jamolo
..... It seems like a DNS problem for me.

Well here's what I get from wget for example:

Code:
wget https://chat.bankera.com
--2018-10-08 20:56:30--  https://chat.bankera.com/
Resolving chat.bankera.com (chat.bankera.com)... 104.17.202.206, 104.17.203.206, 104.17.200.206, ...
Connecting to chat.bankera.com (chat.bankera.com)|104.17.202.206|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
--2018-10-08 20:56:30--  https://bankera.com/index/index.html
Resolving bankera.com (bankera.com)... 104.17.203.206, 104.17.204.206, 104.17.202.206, ...
Connecting to bankera.com (bankera.com)|104.17.203.206|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘index.html.1’

Where does chat.bankera.com and bankera.com resolve to if you do it?
Pages:
Jump to: