Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN:BCT COIN, SHA3-KECCAK-BITCOINTALK COIN [BCT]-POW Listed on Mintpal - page 7. (Read 144915 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Please anyone take the lead on figuring the solution to this  δίλημμα

That is a problem offering two possibilities, neither of which is practically acceptable.

1. Do nothing (network works ... that's cool / trading that's cool ... rather large premine that may or may not be in the hands of OP) ... again my best guess sold off long AGO.

OR

2. Fork, reward active participants.  But need to get the exchange on board and get all legit holders to post addies.  In that case sucks to not be reading this such popular thread.

Is there a list of those that received to initial disbursements?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Please anyone take the lead on figuring the solution to this  δίλημμα

That is a problem offering two possibilities, neither of which is practically acceptable.

1. Do nothing (network works ... that's cool / trading that's cool ... rather large premine that may or may not be in the hands of OP) ... again my best guess sold off long AGO.

OR

2. Fork, reward active participants.  But need to get the exchange on board and get all legit holders to post addies.  In that case sucks to not be reading this such popular thread.
legendary
I stress the term active participants.

Showing up on the tread after we establish the date (maybe) doesn't qualify you to receive from the snap shot.

So if you are lurking holders at least post a mere 'Hello'.

Anyone with a posting after August 1, 2014 should be good.

I find it "Interesting" that VAN showed up out of nowhere to help some nub account "oldambtster".

AFA chopping up the premine, That should be the first order of business in a New thread.

A list of active participants should be the last order of business in this thread.
legendary
I stress the term active participants.

Showing up on the tread after we establish the date (maybe) doesn't qualify you to receive from the snap shot.

So if you are lurking holders at least post a mere 'Hello'.

Anyone with a posting after August 1, 2014 should be good.
legendary

Until we get the pre-mine or fork it out then this coin is dead.

I waste my time in scam threads to stop this shit. I hold 1k myself. Not really worth the effort. But for the greater good of the scene I call BS where I see it.

So if I'm wrong then my bad. But I see you still havn't answered why you would waste the resources to mine a dead coin without a hidden agenda.

target is fork
all holders get what they have
we need a date, and snap shot of active participants
we still are trading on one exchange so need to co-ordinate with them

things i like: BCT charity fund (say 100k held by multisig), BCT best actors fund (say 200k held by multisig distro to top dogs HEROS), move to sustain mining on KECCAK, and 500k-1000k for Block Chain Tech utility participants (the big idea).

also getting relisted on coinmarketcap is a big on the list
anything else?

ps .. https://www.europex.eu ... wouldn't mind allocating a batch of coins to them and integrating europex.eu into a part of BCT ... looking at all the exchange houses they seem to be very on the level yet (small).   I think there is potential in working together with europex.eu as an unique services exchange house.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

If you want to reduce the size further, you can also use upx to compress the binary:

upx --best ./Bctcoin-qt

It reduced the executable from 23.6 MB to 10.1 so it should load faster.

Allready very happy with the results of strip, deamon 1/16 smaller, will give upx a try later on Qt executable.
Thanks again Vann!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Did you strip the binaries after compiling?:

strip {Bctcoin-qt,src/bctcoind}

On Arch Linux 64-bit, my daemon is 7.3 MB and the Qt is 23.6.

Thanks Vann, that did the trick!

If you want to reduce the size further, you can also use upx to compress the binary:

upx --best ./Bctcoin-qt

It reduced the executable from 23.6 MB to 10.1 so it should load faster.

Thanks Vann, that did the trick!

New members that know what you do with no post history YES.

I waste my time in scam threads to stop this shit. I hold 1k myself. Not really worth the effort. But for the greater good of the scene I call BS where I see it.

So if I'm wrong then my bad. But I see you still havn't answered why you would waste the resources to mine a dead coin without a hidden agenda.

Nope, cannot take your pre-judgemental thoughts serious at all. So, yes, in my opinion, it is your bad, it was and it probably will be again according to the quote above.
legendary
Why would anyone mine a dead coin? Are you a holder of the pre-mine?

To me it doesn 't seem to be dead. It is like I wrote, I wanted tot try a Keccak coin and this one I got actually working on Linux, but allready have one with genesis and merkle, but no absurd pre-mine setting.

And no, I'm not the holder of the pre-mine. Have an enormous amount of, yes, here it comes: +/- 1500 BCT so far. Is that about the pre-mine amount? It isn't? No? Oh, thank you very much.

BTW, are new members always greated with suggestive questions?  Angry

New members that know what you do with no post history YES.

To me it doesn 't seem to be dead. It is like I wrote, I wanted tot try a Keccak coin and this one I got actually working on Linux, but allready have one with genesis and merkle, but no absurd pre-mine setting.

And no, I'm not the holder of the pre-mine. Have an enormous amount of, yes, here it comes: +/- 1500 BCT so far. Is that about the pre-mine amount? It isn't? No? Oh, thank you very much.

BTW, are new members always greated with suggestive questions?  Angry
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
It's mining allright and blockchain is up to date. So still alive, mining 3 coins steady. Great this Keccak Altcoin, that's why I compiled it yesterday [ Linux64 QT ]. A lot of warnings though.

One weird thing during blockchain update, several maxcoin 0.9.1 nodes connected? So it went from 30K blocks to 80K blocks. But finally it went steady on with the right blockchain, it seems.

Any idea how I can size the deamon version down, it is about 64MB? Seems a bit over the top, can I change the MakeFile so GCC compresses it a bit, well, a lot, like 1/8 size?

Now wouldn't it be nice if shapeshifter added it?  Cheesy

legendary
It's mining allright and blockchain is up to date. So still alive, mining 3 coins steady. Great this Keccak Altcoin, that's why I compiled it yesterday [ Linux64 QT ]. A lot of warnings though.

One weird thing during blockchain update, several maxcoin 0.9.1 nodes connected? So it went from 30K blocks to 80K blocks. But finally it went steady on with the right blockchain, it seems.

Any idea how I can size the deamon version down, it is about 64MB? Seems a bit over the top, can I change the MakeFile so GCC compresses it a bit, well, a lot, like 1/8 size?

Activity: 197
Cheesy Seliing 50,000 bct for 200$

Why sell something gonna worth 1 million dollars for only 200$. It's just like a giveaway.  Grin
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
 Cheesy Seliing 50,000 bct for 200$
Activity: 125
Selling 50,000 BCT for 1 million dollars.
legendary
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Then why you don't trade some of your coins on Europex?
Pages:
Jump to: