Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BET] BETACOIN - SHA256 COIN | POW | 32mln + 0,39% annual | NO PREMINE - page 17. (Read 75184 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
now total network hashrate is about 400-500 GH
In the next few hours difficulty drop beginning expected. 
Is it only windows?

The source code and Windows installer are available. It was not precompiled by developers for Linux because it is 1 command to do command line client or just opening betacoin-qt.pro file in qt-creator for GUI Client creation.
If you need help in compiling Betacoin for your OS, just ask.
I'm new to this. Yes, I am.
I was trying to solo mine with my laptop.
But, I just can't seem to get the settings right with the files.
There is the betacoin.conf to set up the server.
Then, I have to go through settings with cgminer.
It still doesn't work for me. Help?
Dev, can you do a guide? Please.

Hi,
Are you trying to mine with your CPU, GPU or any ASIC connected to your laptop? If you are trying solo with CPU or GPU now, probably it is worth because now difficulty is too high, but in near days it will go down, also you can mine in pool when it will be available (soon).  What OS is on your laptop?

In short words to start you should:
1. Download the source code and compile the client if you are on Linux or MAC or download Windows installer and install it.
2. Try to start betacoin (no matter GUI client or command line client) - you probably will see message that you do not have betacoin.conf file.
3. Create betacoin.conf file in any .txt redactor with the following content (change myname and mypassword to any name and password):
Code:
rpcuser=myname
rpcpassword=mypassword
maxconnection=50
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.*
rpcport=32332
server=1
listen=1
addnode=66.172.10.57
addnode=76.74.177.244

Put just created betacoin.conf file in your
/home/%username/.betacoin dirrectory if you are on Linux, or in
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Bitcoin if you are on Windows XP, or in
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin  if you are on Vista and 7
Remember that this folders are hidden by default, so you should enable hidden files and directories view in your OS.
4. Start Betacoin again, you probably will have no connections, because it is your first run and your client do not know its first connection.
In GUI Client after first start go to the console and type
Code:
addnode 76.74.177.244 onetry
This command will connect your client to the first node and then will receive other network nodes.
You can jus start you Betacoin client with this option
Code:
-connect=76.74.177.244
In Ubuntu command line client it looks like
Code:
./betacoind -connect=76.74.177.244 &
5. Since the first connection your client will synchronize with the network, it will take about 1-2 min, after that you are ready to go with cgminer.
6. To start solo in cgminer you  should type the following command (betacoin client should be working in the same time):
Code:
cgminer -o http://127.0.0.1:32332 -u myname -p mypassword

I hope it will help, if you have any questions, will try to help.

Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I'm new to this. Yes, I am.
I was trying to solo mine with my laptop.
But, I just can't seem to get the settings right with the files.
There is the betacoin.conf to set up the server.
Then, I have to go through settings with cgminer.
It still doesn't work for me. Help?
Dev, can you do a guide? Please.
Soon some pools will be available, it is the last days of solo mining Smiley
Now network is a bit more stable with new members
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
hey having a bit of trouble compiling this on an ubuntu server i keep getting "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory" when i compile. I've tried things like "ulimit -v unlimited lfs" and "limit -n unlimited lfs" but to no avail.

Anyone know how i might be able to get round this?

Thanks for any help
looks like network is growing
wow, now diff is 18k. Yesterday on 14K diff someone made 15-25 sec block intervals, looks like he had about 1TH of power and wanted to make the diff to high.
I had a day soloing at 15GHs yesterday. Didn't do too badly but the diff is starting to go up now Smiley
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Hey suckers, why premining again. Just make fucking wallet client for windows... Make it NOW.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
is this done by the same dev group as Alphacoin? looks another shitcoin but dev may get some BTCs in the end...
also when your Gammacoin will come out?
just wanted to be on here to watch this one and see what happens with this coin. I thought Tekcoin was a dead coin at the start and now it's on cryptsy Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: