Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BET] BETACOIN - SHA256 COIN | POW | 32mln + 0,39% annual | NO PREMINE - page 18. (Read 75182 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
SHA256 based crypto currency
Oh look, another SHA256 copy&paste shitcoin by some ASIC miner who is mad their rig no longer shits bitcoins like somebody who has had one too many tacos at the local Mexican restaurant. I expect we'll be seeing more of these in the latest bitcoin bubble. Roll Eyes

No innovation, SHA256, PoW only?
Into the trash it goes...
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/m/euro-coin-trash-can-25114297.jpg

yes it is POW only, since it is only way to make real decentralization. ALso there is innovation in 6 years main suply 32 mln and than 126K per year. and what is an innovation in the field of cryptocoins? Any way all coins are "copy&paste", and since network is working correctly, coin have value. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
this coin is not so bad...

waiting for development Wink
Activity: 449
Merit: 103
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
SHA256 based crypto currency
Oh look, another SHA256 copy&paste shitcoin by some ASIC miner who is mad their rig no longer shits bitcoins like somebody who has had one too many tacos at the local Mexican restaurant. I expect we'll be seeing more of these in the latest bitcoin bubble. Roll Eyes

No innovation, SHA256, PoW only?
Into the trash it goes...
cryptoshark
cool.
i grabbed some blocks with 7950 lol
Ok, now difficulty begin to grow - already 2.58, so we will se +2% every 6 blocks and soon it will be normal 4 min blocks.
Activity: 725
anyone got a windows wallet for this they can post?

Lack of this at launch is making me doubt the technical capabilities of the dev.....
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
anyone got a windows wallet for this they can post?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
more sha 256 junk Sad. Unless you have asic don't waste your time.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hi,
I see there is a problem with the launch LOL, but any way thank you betacoindev, i like the logo and specifications, but after 16000 block LOL.
now is a good chance to mine some with 1 diff. Come on, lets have some orphans  Grin
Hi there

There's a a few things you forgot to change when the source was cloned from Joulecoin.

1. Checkpoint data

Tx number should be 0 for the genesis block, you're still using the tx number from checkpoint 3 in Joulecoin.
Estimated tx/day is also wrong for betacoin, you're still using the value applicable to Joulecoin.

Quote from: checkpoints.cpp
static const CCheckpointData data = {
        &mapCheckpoints,
        1382532797, // * UNIX timestamp of last checkpoint block
        37150,      // * total number of transactions between genesis and last checkpoint
                    //   (the tx=... number in the SetBestChain debug.log lines)
        1920        // * estimated number of transactions per day after checkpoint
    };

2. You are using the same message start characters as Joulecoin, this means messages from the one network can be transmitted on the other. Not a train smash, but unfortunate.

Quote from: chainparams.cpp
       pchMessageStart[0] = 0xa5;
        pchMessageStart[1] = 0xc0;
        pchMessageStart[2] = 0x79;
        pchMessageStart[3] = 0x55;

Cheers
John

Hi, thank you for your notices. I changed tx to 0 and number of transactions to 0, yes i used joulecoin as a source for betacoin, and yes i forgot to change this. And i do not think that the same message start characters is an issue.
cryptoshark
and diffilcuty imploded now

2 (18.44Mh/s)

Smiley

wow

i am getting 96% orphans Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hi there

There's a a few things you forgot to change when the source was cloned from Joulecoin.

1. Checkpoint data

Tx number should be 0 for the genesis block, you're still using the tx number from checkpoint 3 in Joulecoin.
Estimated tx/day is also wrong for betacoin, you're still using the value applicable to Joulecoin.

Quote from: checkpoints.cpp
static const CCheckpointData data = {
        &mapCheckpoints,
        1382532797, // * UNIX timestamp of last checkpoint block
        37150,      // * total number of transactions between genesis and last checkpoint
                    //   (the tx=... number in the SetBestChain debug.log lines)
        1920        // * estimated number of transactions per day after checkpoint
    };

2. You are using the same message start characters as Joulecoin, this means messages from the one network can be transmitted on the other. Not a train smash, but unfortunate.

Quote from: chainparams.cpp
       pchMessageStart[0] = 0xa5;
        pchMessageStart[1] = 0xc0;
        pchMessageStart[2] = 0x79;
        pchMessageStart[3] = 0x55;

Cheers
John
cryptoshark
ok i am premining it with my outdatted hardware
so i have 83% orphans Smiley

one erupter can mine a block every minute now
Yes it can even go to 1, and tomorrow in this topic other miners will blame you in premine too lol
cryptoshark
cool
so now diff is 20 (150Mh/s)

Smiley

lol
78% orphans
ok, i am here. So why we can see difficulty going down now so fast? It is because of diff adjustment algo in Betacon and about premining blames.

Betacoin diff adjust algo works like that:

Phase 1 - untill 16000 block (when network is poor and not lots of people know about Betacoin)

Diff adjustment every 6 blocks based on last 1536 blocks, and with the minus 10% adjustment and plus 2% adjustment.

Phase 2 - after 16000 block (when network will became stronger)

Diff adjustment every 6 blocks based on last 48 blocks, and with the minus 2% adjustment and plus 1% adjustment.

So right after announce on cryptocointalk.com 24/10/2013 i was checking network status very often, and have seen at least 10 miners in first day, also i notised that those miners had about 60-100 GH of total speed (common situation when new SHA256 coin launched), so in 3 days diff became about 8000, and then i quess they leave the network. After that block time became terribly slow (~1 block in 1 hour), so network begin to adjust itself, and because Phase 1 difficulty adjustment is based on last 1536 block you can see now what you see - i mean huge difficulty drop, because based on 1536 blocks average block time still is about ~4 min.

This thing with difficulty drops on first 16000 blocks was made to give all initial miners a chance to mine coin, even with low speed and even not at the first day of coin launch.

Soon we will see difficulty go up with +2% every 6 blocks.

ok tell us how much you have betacoins now Smiley

anyway something is wrong with this coin
diff is 227 now (1.63 Ghs)

but block are coming every 10-30 seconds

diff is going down... and block time going down too

strange, error or what ?

No error, luck for you if you mine now! i will explain in 20 mins - after taking coffee.
cryptoshark
ok tell us how much you have betacoins now Smiley

anyway something is wrong with this coin
diff is 227 now (1.63 Ghs)

but block are coming every 10-30 seconds

diff is going down... and block time going down too

strange, error or what ?
I quess, yes, you are missing:)
 BETA means not only development stage:)
Also it is second letter, as you now, so in that way it is second coin after Bitcoin:)
Also BETA in transcription is beɪtə and sound like "BETTER" with some accent Smiley

etc etc etc.
cryptoshark
3. Name is good.

BETAcoin
so beta coins will be wiped after relase not beta version ?
i am missimg something?

lol.
Pages:
Jump to: