Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 115. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Installed and running on 6 ZTEXes (1.15x) for the last 5+ hours. Averages don't show much difference.
I Haven't tried fine tuning the frequencies though.

v03 is 1.926Gh/s
v04 is 1.942Gh/s

-Lyddite
Activity: 520
Merit: 253

Nice, I'm getting 188 and 192 MHz with the auto adjust, close to my 1.15y speeds.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
New bitstream for the ztex 1.15x courtesy of hal7

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ngqeeoehul6x8h/hal7_ztex_ufm1_15d4_2core_v04.bit

Just emailed last 1.15x bitstream for blakecoin, up to 200MHz.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Thanks for the Pool, looks good and it's Working Smiley

EDIT: Doesnt getting email for unlooking payout.....   Cry
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Pool for Blakecoin:

https://blake.suprnova.cc

It runs the latest MPOS with all its features including Idle Worker Notifs, two factor Auth etc.
I've got Stratum with Vardiff running on it, I've already found several Blocks while testing so everything should be fine, I just need some testing with higher loads.

You can use kr's latest cgminer and, of source, the FPGA miners too.

Hop in before diff gets higher ! Smiley
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Thanks to MystPhysX there is now a Blakecoin-QT wallet for Mac OSX! I have not yet had a chance to test it myself, so it'd help if anyone can pls test it out and give some feed back Smiley

http://chainexplorer.info/files/BlakeCoin-Qt.dmg
Cinnamon_carter you bring up some interesting points. The flood of new alt coins, most of which are almost direct clones of something else, is hopefully exhausting its trend. Everyone wishes they could recreate the early adopter scenario to get super rich like the early bitcoin adopters did. There's nothing inherently wrong with that desire, but that horse has been beaten to death by now. Too many people have been burned by scammy coin launches, and the hype has died down a bit. What a lot of "business" miners don't seem to realize is that cryptocurrencies are a fractal mirror instance of mass psychology and economics. It takes decades to see the effects of socio-economic shifts on the national/global scale. However, due to the dissolution of time and space barriers caused by the internet, similar trends occur in cryptocurrencies but at a different scale of magnitude and duration. Currently, it is relatively unprofitable to be mining, regardless which coin you choose. This is because we are presently in a recessionary phase in cryptocurrencies, which was triggered by an unsustainable growth period a few months ago. Also, mining has become much more popular and diversified, which has caused the profitability of mining to reach an equilibrium because any discrepancies will be short lived due to free trade. Although it is currently a recessionary phase, it is also an incubating stage. Since it is difficult to find profit in the current cryptocurrency economy, there will be participants failing left and right. Then just like in classic economics, the trend will reverse and the participants who survived will become the leaders. Give it a few months and the excess of worthless clone coins will diminish, and development will gravitate towards a handful of truly worthy candidates.  I strongly feel this is where Blakecoin has positioned itself. Not only is Blakecoin an excellent platform from a technical perspective, but it is also posed to reach maturity during the next growth period of the cryptocurrency economic cycle.

i guess thats a bit of a tangent, but its what i thought about when i read your post Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Defer to bluedragon747

He knows a lot more about writing custom code than i do and is by far a more experienced c++ coder

I know a few things, and am learning quickly, my advantage is a strong understanding of cryptography and mathematics.

I did not think of the attack method he brought up, there are so many ways to attack or disrupt a coin network that most people do not really know about, and Blue brings up a good point, it takes literally a few seconds to change the magic numbers as you put your source code together, begore you build your testnet clients ect......

Since it is easy to do why not take that step,  excellent point that it is easier than adding a checkpoint to an updated client.

Not directly unrelated to this but on the topic of new clones coming out.........

I have to wonder what the hell some pepole are thinking when I see so many new coins launched every day most scrypt 1024 based ?

Even more amazing is some of them get hundreds of megahash thrown at them and are abandoned or dead within a few days , no connections,
no working blockchain ect......??

I think some people have just gone mad or crazy or don't know 'what to mine'.

I guess about a year ago when there were still only a few litecoin style clones some people would clone a coin hoping to get it listed at cryptsy as a way to make a few btc.

Those days are gone forever.....people who are 'mining for profit' as they say are complaining now that their big rigs are getting them .02 btc a day on middlecoin or similar switching pools

See for yourself and look at the payouts here on middlecoin they are all public since users use your btc address

http://www.middlecoin.com/allusers.html

note the paid out btc amount is the amount that person has had paid to them 'lifetime' from middlecoin, It is currently running at7.6 gigahash scrypt 1024 mining is pretty dam fast , a lot of people sloshing it up for less than the cost of electricity to run their equipment which may or may not be paid for. 

Photon (and the other projectrs I am involved in) were started by me with the intention of long term support.

I have never designed anything that was aimed at giving either myself or anyone else an opportunity to cash in big just because they started early.

Also I will state that for me the reason my projects like Photon were 'Ninja' launched (without pre ANN and wallets in zip files ect.... ahead of time ) is because it is just not necessary.  Yes it is true some people got some 'easy' mining of Photon in the initial hours it was launched however when you look at the total money supply even now, never mind what it will be a few years from now this little advantage is really none at all. 

The only other step one can take to fairly launch a coin is to make a certain number of initial blocks have a zero or 1 coin block award until everyone hears about it and has a chance to get in and join the party. 

I did not see that necessary here. 

I got a little off topic for Blake Coin here , so my apology to everyone.........

I saw Blake Coin as a standout early on after it's release, you can see my old posts here and at cryptocoin talk.

When gpu mining first came out I worked many hours tweaking different settings for my gpu on both reaper then the cg miner build.

I do not think bitcoin needs to be replaced but there is no harm in a competitive market.

I am honored that BlueDragon gave me his permission to make Photon as a child of Blake Coin and provided his guiding hand.

As the network continues to run and build a following I have many ideas to make Photon (and Blake Coin) more than just 'other coins' on the lists.

the shorter chain will receive a block and reads the block header to check for magic value if the check is passed then it will try to add it to its own chain by checking the merkle which it will fail, end result if it keeps getting blocks from another chain is that the wallet locks up randomly doing these merkle calculations checks, also the pool uses the headers especially in a merge mine setup where you are stuffing multiple headers in the work  Undecided

these are the things that get checked
1. height
2. magic value
3. merkle
4. time of block

just using the ports to define a broadcast is asking for someone to use an exploit to freeze the block processing or crash a pool wallet just by using a long chain with same magic value but a different merkle, I will continue to avoid coins that use same magic value and keep recommending to any dev to change it if they use the same as Blakecoin or another known value, if a dev can add a checkpoint they can change the magic value it does add as much security as a checkpoint and avoids random crashes and lock ups of wallet.

in my opinion a good dev is one that supports the coin over a period of time and tries to improve it, a bad dev is one that is around for a few days does not make any improvements then is non contactable and gone  Roll Eyes
Thanks cinnamon_carter and BlueDragon, that helped me better understand how it all works. I do recall when the scrypt clones where getting messages to update their litecoin wallet, i found that quite hilarious.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
the shorter chain will receive a block and reads the block header to check for magic value if the check is passed then it will try to add it to its own chain by checking the merkle which it will fail, end result if it keeps getting blocks from another chain is that the wallet locks up randomly doing these merkle calculations checks, also the pool uses the headers especially in a merge mine setup where you are stuffing multiple headers in the work  Undecided

these are the things that get checked
1. height
2. magic value
3. merkle
4. time of block

just using the ports to define a broadcast is asking for someone to use an exploit to freeze the block processing or crash a pool wallet just by using a long chain with same magic value but a different merkle, I will continue to avoid coins that use same magic value and keep recommending to any dev to change it if they use the same as Blakecoin or another known value, if a dev can add a checkpoint they can change the magic value it does add as much security as a checkpoint and avoids random crashes and lock ups of wallet.

in my opinion a good dev is one that supports the coin over a period of time and tries to improve it, a bad dev is one that is around for a few days does not make any improvements then is non contactable and gone  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
i can answer that

the magic numbers are not as important as some people think they are

to properly clone/ build a coin they should be changed

if they are not the changes the networks communicate is unlikely unless the person making this 'coin' does not have the brains to change the communication ports around........

you may remember about a year ago a few lite coin clones had the network warning mesg appearing......

these coins were not mining on the litecoin network but just left a window open and the wrong bird flew in

take a look at the magic numbers of most scrypt clones,  you will find them the same as in the classic guide by shak3zula

These issues with Landcoin seem to be a good example of how not to clone Blakecoin. However, I'm sure Im not the only person wondering how the magic number affects a blockchain. Im also curious to know how Blakecoin (and other cryptos for that matter) protect against poorly or maliciously cloned derivatives interfering with the Blakecoin network.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Hey folks,

I've started a pool for Blakecoin:

https://blake.suprnova.cc

It runs the latest MPOS with all its features including Idle Worker Notifs, two factor Auth etc.
I've got Stratum with Vardiff running on it, I've already found several Blocks while testing so everything should be fine, I just need some testing with higher loads.

You can use kr's latest cgminer and, of source, the FPGA miners too.

Activity: 406
Hey BLUE!!! Tea time, take a break.
Also, in case people didnt notice, I just wanted to point out that the first post was updated with a link to CudaMiner for Blakecoin Smiley
These issues with Landcoin seem to be a good example of how not to clone Blakecoin. However, I'm sure Im not the only person wondering how the magic number affects a blockchain. Im also curious to know how Blakecoin (and other cryptos for that matter) protect against poorly or maliciously cloned derivatives interfering with the Blakecoin network.
legendary
Solutions Architect
HI DEAR blakecoin:

Please offer me a stratum-mining software of  blake-256 algori for MPOS POOL;
          My EMAIL address is [email protected];
          Thanks appreciate!
          Wait for your supply online,Thanks

webQQ:471512451
MAIL:[email protected]
MPOS FOR BLAKECOIN Pool

Landcoin needs its magic value changing by the dev! best ask the dev to change it before asking for help with pool software  Undecided

only problem is the Landcoin dev does not seem to be active anymore?

Why should anyone that has put work into Blakecoin help a bad clone with a dev that wont even do the basics like changing the magic value to anything that is not used by Blakecoin or any other coin?

Edit:
I did try to help but the Landcoin dev was only interested in putting in a checkpoint to secure the premine and getting me to host a pool for Landcoin  Cry

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
HI DEAR blakecoin:

Please offer me a stratum-mining software of  blake-256 algori for MPOS POOL;
          My EMAIL address is [email protected];
          Thanks appreciate!
          Wait for your supply online,Thanks

webQQ:471512451
MAIL:[email protected]
MPOS FOR BLAKECOIN Pool
legendary
Solutions Architect
same pool code for Blakecoin or Photon, same miners should work on both it does for me at least  Undecided

my best guess is that you are using an old cgminer version  Huh

all my pools support both stratum and getwork (stratum proxy does not work needs to be ported with Blake algo and not needed on pools anyway)

Kramble's cgminer and python Blakecoin miners work direct on all my pools for both Blakecoin and Photon, I have tested and use them myself  Wink

*image links not showing well for me  Cry

also on the core clocks for cm1 I find long term fpga 1,2 runs at 200 but 3,4 dont 190-180 on my boards max e.g --cainsmore-clock 200,200,190,180 works well here

Yay this running. Smiley)
But all reject ?

This is my Cgminer :

cgminer --icarus-timing long -S \\.\COM20 -S \\.\COM21 -S \\.\COM22 -S \\.\COM23 --url stratum+tcp://photon1.blakecoin.com:3334 --userpass lin0sspice.c1:x --cainsmore-clock 200

The H-not-zero error is due to the pool considering the hash to be invalid. However the hardware error rate is very low, so the CM1 hashes are OK. There are two possibilities here, either you are using an older version of cgminer which did exhibit this problem or the photon pool does not work with my cgminer. So I suggest:
1. Be sure to use https://www.dropbox.com/s/f34zwu3oek0rj4m/cgminer.exe with the CM1
2. Try mining against a blakecoin pool eg http://eu1.blakecoin.com/index.php

Perhaps bluedragon will be able to help with the photon pool?
lin0sspice:

I never got the official way working consistently hence my use of the program cable and Impact, works every time for me on multiple boards  Undecided

I found I could get consistent results by being very systematic about how I went about doing the programming (and I did this quite a lot while testing different bitstreams). As hal7 mentioned the Quickstart is probably the best guide to follow (this permanently programs the SPI ROMs, though you can use the alternative commands in the CM1 Manual to just temporarily load the bitstream). Just ignore the references to the dcmwd4e bitstream and BFGMiner/MPBM/cgminer and use hashvoodo firmware instead.

I wrote a summary for another user in a PM which I'll just copy here. Note that this assumes you've already installed the CM1 drivers on a windows PC, installed VirtualBox, loaded the cairnsmore.ova virtual machine (this just needs to be done once) and coped the blakecoin bitstream onto the linux virtual machine (either by USB stick as suggested in the guide, or by other means, I used netcat nc but ftp should also work, you need to use passive mode).

hashvoodoo_controller_25.bit is the firmware (it runs on the controller FPGA, not on the mining FPGAs). You program that from windows using SPIProg.exe. See page 23 of the User Manual http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/CAIRNSMORE1_MANUAL_ISSUE1.pdf

I haven't done this myself as the board already had the hashvoodo firmware installed, but you do this from windows (the linux VM must NOT be running).

Once the hashvoodo firmware is installed, you can flash the blakecoin mining bitstream.
This can be tricky. I found it best to set the CM1 switches to the programming settings while powered off.
Start the linux VM.
Power on the CM1 and wait a minute or so, then attach the USB (The VM must already be started else it won't detect it).
Wait another minute, check the JTAG using xc3sprog -c cm1 -v -j
Now do the programming as follows.
First erase them
xc3sprog -c cm1 -v -p0 -Ixc6lx150.bit -e
Do this for each device (p0, p1, p2, p3).
This takes 3 minutes each.
xc3sprog -c cm1 -v -p0 -Ixc6lx150.bit CM1-hv-v04a-175MHz-ucf-150-fmax-161.bit
Do this for each device in reverse order (p3, p2, p1, p0). I don't know if the order matters, but that's what the hashvoodo README said. This takes 7 minutes each.

The xc6lx150.bit is in http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/CairnsmoreProgramming.zip

The LEDs on the CM1 board give good feedback as to what is happening. After powering up the board in programming mode (all the side DIP switches on, except sw3), the red central LED lights steady (it normally flashes in mining mode), then the four sets of FPGA status leds light up in sequence as they load the stored bitstream from ROM. As you follow the erase sequence above, the LEDs will go dim. Sometimes you need to repeat a step to get this to work. Then as the bitstream is programmed, the LEDs will again light up (red, the others may flash and yellow should come on too AFAIR). If one fails, then retry it, but it usually works if the erasure was successful. You can usually then proceed directly to mining by flipping SW3, shutting down the linux vm (type: init 0 #thats zero), then disconnecting then reconnecting the USB cable. On running my blake cgminer, you should get a blue flash from all four FPGA's to indicate the hardware detection succeeded.

Good Luck.
Jump to: