Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 126. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I have updated my ban lists on all server, this will reduce the load on the servers from bad traffic

If you have made it onto the list and can't connect you will need to explain your actions via pm to be considered for the white list (include your IP for reference) else it is a permanent ban  Sad

Hi BlueDragon747. I hope I'm not on this list, couldn't think of a reason why I would be but wanted to check.

Also, started getting "Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" errors on SF1 server, is it having problems? It's been working great all day..

Thanks,
Tom

I was working on SF1 a few hours ago so its me changing some code and settings, a normal user just would not get a ban, the people on list have been DDOS, attempted forced entry, flooding the server and generally creating high load and crashing the servers(not accidental)  Undecided

if I reset the pool you will get a 1-5 second "Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" then it should continue as normal, it is me either changing the software code or I have gone out and set an automatic reset to avoid a crash/down time when I am not about

I am still working to get a more stable code base hence the 0% fees but the pool server do still cost something to run each month so welcome any donations % on pools to help cover costs if you find them useful  Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I have updated my ban lists on all server, this will reduce the load on the servers from bad traffic

If you have made it onto the list and can't connect you will need to explain your actions via pm to be considered for the white list (include your IP for reference) else it is a permanent ban  Sad

Hi BlueDragon747. I hope I'm not on this list, couldn't think of a reason why I would be but wanted to check.

Also, started getting "Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted" errors on SF1 server, is it having problems? It's been working great all day..

Thanks,
Tom

legendary
Solutions Architect

legendary
Solutions Architect
nope its not been imported to eloipool but it shouldnt be too hard. although i have an idea about my fork of stratum which i will pm you with since too many people have stolen my ideas

any help is most welcome and I always try to give credit to those who have helped and put in the work to make Blakecoin better  Cool
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
nope its not been imported to eloipool but it shouldnt be too hard. although i have an idea about my fork of stratum which i will pm you with since too many people have stolen my ideas
legendary
Solutions Architect
Blakecoinpool.org is bugged again, pool miners get no rewards because it thinks it did not find any blocks (in the Statistics page, there are 0 blocks found for last 24 hours).

I did report it to kr105 some time ago now my only guess is that he is busy with work  Undecided

blakecoinpool.org seems to be stuck, last block was over 8 hours ago.

Lets hope the pools don't fork the chain.

I have sent kr105 a couple of messages now, think its a stuck share that is effecting the front end and causing issues on the display but it does need maintenance asap  Undecided
what really should be done is stratum's implementation (my fork) of block solution added to eloipool to stop this from happening so that it will add the actual block's hash to the database to ensure that round ends are discovered properly

which repo link?

I had not been informed that Blakecoin had been ported to eloipool with any fixes for block solution  Cry

Edit:
ahh I see now that's not ported to eloipool yet?  

I had fixed this on my pools by changing the default from null in database
Blakecoinpool.org is bugged again, pool miners get no rewards because it thinks it did not find any blocks (in the Statistics page, there are 0 blocks found for last 24 hours).

I did report it to kr105 some time ago now my only guess is that he is busy with work  Undecided

I have sent kr105 a couple of messages now, think its a stuck share that is effecting the front end and causing issues on the display but it does need maintenance asap  Undecided
what really should be done is stratum's implementation (my fork) of block solution added to eloipool to stop this from happening so that it will add the actual block's hash to the database to ensure that round ends are discovered properly
legendary
Solutions Architect

Mek
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Thanks Calhil, awesome job!
legendary
Solutions Architect
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Is there any estimation of the coin growth/graph? Currently there are ~1.5million, what can be expected a year from now?
Coin generation depends on the network hashrate. If you can estimate how it will change within a year I can give you a number.
Ok lets suppose a yearly average of 1000MH/s
Something similar was discussed a couple of pages ago:
yep ~ 7 billion people  Cool

Its a dynamic reward so is based on the difficulty at the time:

past diff ~ 0.0018 BLC
sq rt(0.00000003423*54664)

current diff @4 months ~ 0.0048 BLC
sq rt(0.00000008202*58976)

Estimations of possible future reward:

30k diff @1 year ~ 0.9 BLC
sq rt(0.00000030000*300000)

1M diff @10 years ~ 30 BLC
sq rt(0.00001000000*3000000)

so after 10 years and at a difficulty of 1 Million the block reward will be 55 (base 25+30)

Ok, I actually expanded your question a little bit. I estimated the difficulty change based on the data from the blakecoin blockchain. This estimate is not realiable, a lot can change within a year. Especially now that blakecoin was listed on coinmarketcap ;]

The total coin supply in a year was around 6 million. When I increased the average difficulty 20 times it was almost the same, only around 85k new coins were created. When I increased it 100 times, around 250k.
So this really depends on the network hashrate, but the order of magnitude should be quite accurate - we will have around 6 million blakecoins at the same time next year.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Pools are being really strange today.
miner keeps loosing connection to NY1 and SF1 at the same time.

I am thinking that maybe a pool server on a different network/hosting provider might be a good idea.
EU1, NY1, SF1 are all the same provider.
Is there any estimation of the coin growth/graph? Currently there are ~1.5million, what can be expected a year from now?
Coin generation depends on the network hashrate. If you can estimate how it will change within a year I can give you a number.
Ok lets suppose a yearly average of 1000MH/s
Activity: 182

Edit:
eu1.blakecoin.com: Failed to connect to database
Are the shares being processed when database is offline?
agreed, vardiff is a good idea. BlueDragon, i also am wondering if it is possible to have only one site for your pools, with eu1, ny1, and any future pool servers you set up. i've seen this on wemineltc, not sure what is involved with setting it up like that though

only thing needed is a vpn Smiley

Why dont u run pool for blakecoin?

we're planning on doing so. we're in the stages of testing out our server cluster, optimizing and coding it to make sure we can handle it all Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
San Francisco pool is now open http://sf1.blakecoin.com  Grin

not found a block but should be ok

username/worker have been added from eu1 if you already registered there
Activity: 132
BitCoin
agreed, vardiff is a good idea. BlueDragon, i also am wondering if it is possible to have only one site for your pools, with eu1, ny1, and any future pool servers you set up. i've seen this on wemineltc, not sure what is involved with setting it up like that though

Why dont u run pool for blakecoin?

Jump to: