Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 148. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Do You plan to support Ztex 1.15x fpga boards for mining? I've got four of them lying down around and could play with them.
Is there only need to bitstream changes or in cgminer sources too?

If bitstream then I think that constraints file changes will not be enough to work ztex 1.15x properly because of CPLD chip absence in 1.15x version.

Could You give me any other hints, i'll give a try. Contraints .ucf file changes should be easy for me, I've done some easy HDL projects so far.

Its been requested but I've been taking a bit of a break from coding recently (a touch of burnout, not helped by the tendency of the Xilinx ISE to arbitrarily refuse to route stuff).

The bitcoin mining verilog source code and Cypress MCU firmware is a good resource (link), specifically the source package (link).

I think the 1.15x is compatible with the 1.15b code, though looking at the web page it has different hash rates (due to different devices LX150 vs LX75), so I'm not so sure now. EDIT, ah its actually the 1.15d that's compatible with the 1.15x, so scratch what I said about the 1.15b, and the following paragraph is now irrelevant.

IGNORE ... I made a start on a port for my litecoin miner to the 1.15b a good while back (link) but never got as far as testing (I don't have one, and it was really just as a discussion point with another member, vpereira, who's rather dropped out recently), but it may be of interest. Not that the litecoin project is going anywhere, the hash rates were just too low to be useful.

The absence of the CPLD just affects the bitstream upload time, the actual firmware runs on the Cypress EZ-USB chip and it claims to be compatible (link). Cgminer should be fine but you'll need to replace the correct bitstream file. Its a bit confusing as there are d1, d2 and d4 versions. I assume the correct one is selected depending on the version of the board? I'd need to dig through both the verilog and the firmware source code to check this. OK, probably just the d4 variant you want to use (the d1 and d3 seem to just be earlier versions of the code with slightly different interfacing which might confuse cgminer). Actually cgminer was the hardest part of getting the ztex 1.15y port working, so may well be an issue here. Its easiest to build on linux if you need to tweak it, but its doable on windows with a bit of hassle to get the build environment set up properly.

I did a diff between the bitcoin d4 and y1 code, and its just the select logic that's different (and a tweak to pll_stop buffering which seems irrelevant). So assuming d4 is good for the 1.15x, then it will just need a small change to the blakecoin top to make it work, plus using the 15.ucf rather than the 15y.ucf. Compiling it, this may take a little while. GRR, this is going to take hours and it probably won't even meet timing closure which means it'll be slower than if I'd chosen a more lax clock constraint. I hate ISE. So to stop it now and retry slower, or with different tables? Or just let it run and hope it completes sometime today? GRR. OK, I dropped a core to get a faster build (redacted, see note below). Copy it over bitstreams/ztex_ufm1_15d4.bit. It won't clock very fast so I'd suggest --ztex-clock 150:150 initially. If it works I'll try to get a faster dual core version to build (it'll take several days of tweaking, damn ISE). Otherwise its debug time Sad

Good luck, me know how you get on.

EDIT: I've been told (via PM) that the bitstream linked above is broken so DO NOT USE IT (now redacted, I was using the wrong hashcore, an experimental 4 core version instead of the standard 1.15y hashcore), but hal7 does have a working version which I have hosted on dropbox (bitstream link) Use --ztex-clock 128:128 for 250MHash/sec. It will probably clock a little faster (YMMV).

EDIT (9 Jan) Faster version (again courtesy hal7)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nnquv6z66an6c5/hal7_ztex_ufm1_15d4_2core_v02.bit
Results (min. 1h tests):
Ztex 1.15x clone - grade 2 chip: 144MHz stable with 0 HW, 6.2W power with 40mm fan
Ztex 1.15x         - grade 3 chip: 152MHz stable with 0 HW, 7.0W power with 40mm fan (>300MH/s)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Do You plan to support Ztex 1.15x fpga boards for mining? I've got four of them lying down around and could play with them.
Is there only need to bitstream changes or in cgminer sources too?

If bitstream then I think that constraints file changes will not be enough to work ztex 1.15x properly because of CPLD chip absence in 1.15x version.

Could You give me any other hints, i'll give a try. Contraints .ucf file changes should be easy for me, I've done some easy HDL projects so far.

BR
hal7
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
good to see a coin with something different

yes! it resembles the start of BTC (few people mining , 1 pool with problems, wallet problem... etc)
i hope to have the same progress :p
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
good to see a coin with something different
Activity: 546
Merit: 503
Pool is back up. Sadly I don't have the time I had at the beginning of the project to maintain the pool, so I'm open to offers to sell it, it will include everything, domain name, server, etc. If nobody is interested, I will keep maintaining it on my spare time.
Can you explain to me what was happened with my account with coins "Unable to login: Account is locked. Please contact site support."
my nick is on you  PM
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Pool is back up. Sadly I don't have the time I had at the beginning of the project to maintain the pool, so I'm open to offers to sell it, it will include everything, domain name, server, etc. If nobody is interested, I will keep maintaining it on my spare time.
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
yay the pool just sent me the blc which had been uncomfirmed in my account at the time the pool went down. must mean something is happening behind the scenes, hopefully pool will be back up soon?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Pool is still offline now, the address is correct, try in solo  Smiley
Activity: 870
Trading will make me rich)

CPU Miner Binaries:
Windows Intel compiled for core2+
http://blakecoin.org/Blakecoin_Minerd.7z

minerd command example:

minerd -o 127.0.0.1:8772 -O username:password -a blake -q -s 2 --no-longpoll --no-stratum

Sorry, but what should I write instead of "127.0.0.1:8772" if I am using blakecoinpool.org? "http://blakecoinpool.org:3333" did not worked for me
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
My hosting co is tiring to get help from him also my pool is on hold for now
apparently he is on vacation or something Smiley
we need more pools
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I have tried getting in contact with kr105 about the pool but no reply yet  Undecided

legendary
alright Cheesy

I have a r9 280x currently solo mining blakecoin. The other gpu (asus 7950) is currently far from me. I will get it after 2 days Smiley But that asus 7950 was never able to solo mine any coin. I cant figure out why. even though I am really good at it. it never connects to my 127.0.0.1:port.  Undecided

I will maybe take you guys help on it as well Cheesy It has windows 7 and just normal settings windows installed. Still wont work. No matter which coin, which version of cgminer. Never connects to localhost. Works fine in pool mining. Smiley

Is the 7950 on the same physical machine as the blakecoin wallet? If not you would need to add a line to blakecoin.conf to allow the IP of the computer with the 7950.
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

Also the firewall would need to be changed to allow traffic on the port you have set in blakecoin.conf
rpcport=8772

Beyond that, can you run an rpc call from the computer running blakecoind by issuing the command "blakecoind getinfo" from a command prompt?

Changing my timezone from EDT to GMT seems to have fixed an issue I was having where the wallet would stop functioning. It has been around 3 days and it is still going strong.

Had more orphaned blocks again. set PC to UTC and restarted miner & wallet. Used to convert to and from zulu time in the navy guess I can do it again for blakecoin
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
i had assumed the pool was still in testing, so was checking on it often. luckily i was able to switch back to solo mining quickly after the pool stopped. having been finding a lot of blocks steadily, so i guess many people simply stopped mining instead of switching to solo. it's not a big deal but does point out the need for multiple pools. depending on bandwidth and other requirements for a pool, I may be able to provide hosting & a domain name for one if someone wishes to handle the development/maintenance of it, pm me if interested.
Activity: 409
alright Cheesy

I have a r9 280x currently solo mining blakecoin. The other gpu (asus 7950) is currently far from me. I will get it after 2 days Smiley But that asus 7950 was never able to solo mine any coin. I cant figure out why. even though I am really good at it. it never connects to my 127.0.0.1:port.  Undecided

I will maybe take you guys help on it as well Cheesy It has windows 7 and just normal settings windows installed. Still wont work. No matter which coin, which version of cgminer. Never connects to localhost. Works fine in pool mining. Smiley

Is the 7950 on the same physical machine as the blakecoin wallet? If not you would need to add a line to blakecoin.conf to allow the IP of the computer with the 7950.
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*

Also the firewall would need to be changed to allow traffic on the port you have set in blakecoin.conf
rpcport=8772

Beyond that, can you run an rpc call from the computer running blakecoind by issuing the command "blakecoind getinfo" from a command prompt?

Changing my timezone from EDT to GMT seems to have fixed an issue I was having where the wallet would stop functioning. It has been around 3 days and it is still going strong.
Activity: 397
what settings do you have the 7970?
the defaults?
drivers?

Just the same settings as for pool mining.
Never touched the cgminer.conf defaults.
what settings do you have the 7970?
the defaults?
drivers?
Activity: 397
Solo-mined for 3 hours with 3 graphics cards, got less than I would have gotten at the pool, even though the diff is much lower.

Huge spread in blocks, fastest was 5 minutes, slowest almost 2 hours.
After 3 hours I got 2 orphan blocks, used cgminer 3.1x on Win7 64 and latest wallet.
Just hate solomining...

Time to mine something else, that works...

Hey, thats bad luck. I've hit 22 blocks in 22 hours with one 7970. No orphans (yet!).
So I'm at about double what I was getting on the pool.
Got a few consecutive blocks...hit three in a row just now. Smiley
Might just be beginners luck as it's the first time I've tried solo mining.

legendary
solo has these "issues"  Grin
is the pool opensource?
i want to try it in an ubuntu rig i have for personal use totally experimental Smiley
ty
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/eloipool_Blakecoin

is your best bet.
solo has these "issues"  Grin
is the pool opensource?
i want to try it in an ubuntu rig i have for personal use totally experimental Smiley
ty
Jump to: