Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 188. (Read 409562 times)

Activity: 524
Merit: 500
yes the difficulty was displaying incorrectly it was difficulty/256 it should be fixed now Smiley
I've seen two very different targets reported by Blakecoin wallet during reaper debug. (Or think I've seen, didn't made logs, unfortunately Sad) Visually these values differed by 256 factor, extra "00" in hexadecimal representation. I've turned off target checking and made reaper to submit all the shares, just to be sure that no block will be lost. Well, downside of this decision is high stale shares count on the screen and I can live with that.
Could you re-check difficulty calculations in the wallet code, may be some old code wasn't upgraded?
Activity: 524
Closed beta (open to anyone who has some hardware not already covered by testers who currently applied) will be going out in a few hours (Let's say, target of 5PM forum time, so about 2.5 hours).
And now I'm going to be linched by Smelter users waiting for the fresh version Smiley
Anyone testing OpenCL miner, please report GPU temperature during BLC and BTC mining, the difference will give me an idea how much the kernel can be improved.
Activity: 518
From my observations, it seems that an average high-end processor (i7-3770k, AMD FX-8320, AMD FX-8350) gets around 10MH to 12MH.

To make the math easy, at 10MH, the CPU will get (from test results) somewhere around 0.06 difficulty-one shares per minute, or around one difficulty-one share every 24.6666667 minutes. At a difficulty of 900, you need 900 difficulty-one shares. Therefore, it would take nearly 16 days to get a block at current difficulty with one of those CPUs.

The OpenCL miner is coming soon, I want the launch to go real smooth, so if someone with one or more of the following cards can PM me so we can get performance statistics together and figure out optimal settings, that would be great:
-78xx
-68xx

Also, I'm gonna try to time the GPU miner release with some pool software from BlueDragon(747), but that is a huge job, so we'll see how timetables work out...

I have an idle 5870 to test with. Since I'm down from having 2x 5870's and a 5850, a 5870 and the 5850 died on me. I hardly gpu mine now because on just one card and XPM mine at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
To clear up some potential confusion, I didn't write the OpenCL miner, I paid smolen a bit to modify reaper to support blakecoin.

Closed beta (open to anyone who has some hardware not already covered by testers who currently applied) will be going out in a few hours (Let's say, target of 5PM forum time, so about 2.5 hours). After that, sometime Monday (probably monday afternoon for me, might be early Tuesday forum time) I'll gather all the data (best settings for GPUs, GPU speed, temps, etc.), put together an official launch thread. However, since I only funded the project and didn't write the miner myself, I won't be able to provide any new builds based on code changes, etc. unless they are fairly straight-forward. My hope is that the community will pick the software development up.

Here's some current stats:
7950: >2GH/s at a decent overclock
7970: >1.6GH/s at a decent overclock

Also, I'd like to note that, since the blakecoin algorithm (blake[8,10]) is pretty simple, it seems that GPUs spend a bit of time idle between each round, meaning that higher clock rates are stable. For example, my 7950s at 1100MHz are running great. They came stock at 960.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
R9 280X it will be compatible?
R9 280X has the same statis as 7970.

Most graphics cards support OpenCL these days including some of the Arm SoC but it is best to check with the manufactures website and Check for OpenCL on your device info page.

but as for the hash rate on any of these devices only testing the OpenCL miner will give a hash rate that you can compare with others results, so until it has been release only Vorksholk knows the performance  Roll Eyes

I am happy to do some testing I have a couple of 5870, 6850 and 6950  Cool

Many thanks to Vorksholk for working on the OpenCL miner it does save me quite a bit of work  Grin

still working on pool software atm current results are:

p2p has quite a few bugs that still need to be fixed before I could do a release
pushpool has a huge amount of bugs and I am not going to continue working on that

currently I am working with slush0 stratum pool software and creating a new version that works with Blakecoin and will release on Github once it is working and tested.

my plan was to get some pool software ready for this weekend but it has been quite a disappointing week with lots of bugs  Embarrassed

as soon as I get something working I will release same day

Edit:
Blakecoin is 2 weeks old today and overall I am happy with the progress we could use a few more developers working on supporting software but kramble and now Vorksholk have been very helpful in finding solutions  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Ahh, appears my napkin math was wrong, never mind Tongue

Yeah, sorry to nitpick, but your 16 day figure just "felt" wrong to me, so I thought I'd put another calculation out there (I wasn't entirely certain I had it right though). Good luck with the OpenCL, even though that's not going to help with my mining (FPGA only, I've not got an even halfway decent GPU rig).
legendary
To make the math easy, at 10MH, the CPU will get (from test results) somewhere around 0.06 difficulty-one shares per minute, or around one difficulty-one share every 24.6666667 minutes. At a difficulty of 900, you need 900 difficulty-one shares. Therefore, it would take nearly 16 days to get a block at current difficulty with one of those CPUs.

At 10Mh/s it takes (2^32)/10000000 = 429 seconds (7.15 minutes) to scan the nonce range for a difficulty one share. Now my statistics knowledge is a bit rusty, but I reckon this should be the same as the long term average to find a share. So that gives 900 * 429 seconds = approx 4.5 days rather than 16 days, which chimes in rather better with my current experience of a roughly 2-4 blocks per day on around 89MHash/s.

Diff is now at 1168 (first time above 1000?), are the GPU's coming online already?

Ahh, appears my napkin math was wrong, never mind Tongue
Activity: 384
Merit: 250

At 10Mh/s it takes (2^32)/10000000 = 429 seconds (7.15 minutes) to scan the nonce range for a difficulty one share. Now my statistics knowledge is a bit rusty, but I reckon this should be the same as the long term average to find a share. So that gives 900 * 429 seconds = approx 4.5 days rather than 16 days, which chimes in rather better with my current experience of a roughly 2-4 blocks per day on around 89MHash/s.

Diff is now at 1168 (first time above 1000?), are the GPU's coming online already?
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
From my observations, it seems that an average high-end processor (i7-3770k, AMD FX-8320, AMD FX-8350) gets around 10MH to 12MH.

The OpenCL miner is coming soon, I want the launch to go real smooth, so if someone with one or more of the following cards can PM me so we can get performance statistics together and figure out optimal settings, that would be great:
-78xx
-68xx

Also, I'm gonna try to time the GPU miner release with some pool software from BlueDragon(747), but that is a huge job, so we'll see how timetables work out...

R9 280X it will be compatible?
R9 280X has the same statis as 7970.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Are NVIDIA cards completely unsupported with no chance of even working?

OpenCL works on all platforms  Cool

its just that ATI cards are faster at mining and most use them  Shocked
Activity: 138
Are NVIDIA cards completely unsupported with no chance of even working?
legendary

-78xx
-68xx

Activity: 224
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
Sweeeet!

I compiled and ran the clblake ( https://github.com/wfr/clblake ) experiment code and tested it on an HIS 7950 with the following result:

Code:
$ ./blaketree -v -t
DEBUG: Blake-256 CPU implementation: SSSE3
CPU hash test...
CPU hash is valid
GPU hash test...
DEBUG: Using platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
DEBUG: Using OpenCL source: blake256.cl
DEBUG: 797.0 MiB/s

I'm not sure how MiB/s equate to hashes per second but I would guess it would be rather good.

that's not the reduced round version!

blake256.cl from my fork is and should be faster Cheesy
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/clblake

Even better!!!

I'm hopeful that BLC will hit an exchange in the near future.  Who knows, maybe it will turn up on "Cryptsy 2.0" later today.  However, the timing might not be the greatest against a soring BTC.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Sweeeet!

I compiled and ran the clblake ( https://github.com/wfr/clblake ) experiment code and tested it on an HIS 7950 with the following result:

Code:
$ ./blaketree -v -t
CPU hash test...
CPU hash is valid
GPU hash test...

I'm not sure how MiB/s equate to hashes per second but I would guess it would be rather good.

that's not the reduced round version!

blake256.cl from my fork is and should be faster Cheesy
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/clblake
Activity: 224
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
Sweeeet!

Code:
$ ./blaketree -v -t
CPU hash test...
CPU hash is valid
GPU hash test...

Gonna try to release an OpenCL miner in the next 24-48 hours, keep your eyes peeled Smiley

awesome  Grin

Right on. Now just need a mining pool.
legendary
Gonna try to release an OpenCL miner in the next 24-48 hours, keep your eyes peeled Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
selling some ks pm me with an offer
Any news of a possible mining pool?

I am working on setting up the pool but I need to wait for p2pool code because I cannot properly port blake hash function...

Cool. Thanks for putting effort into it. It's just to hard to solo mine at the moment.
Jump to: