Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 183. (Read 409454 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Well this was something I have not seen tested or talked about. So wanted to give it a try. I might try compressed address to see if that works.

Not a major issue
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Did not work

C:\vangen>vanitygen -X26 -i Bmogrith

Gave me BmoGriTHTGizCHqJH5hPgUJiPERxTu51uG and the key tried to use it and got this

14:26:12

Invalid private key (code -5)

Well you can go though the wallet code and compare it with how the vanitygen is doing its calculation

So far Due to the Changes I have made to create Blakecoin it has broken most of the software for Bitcoin or Litecoin so expect many bugs like this as most software does NOT work out of the box bit like the pool software I am working on now  Cry

by trying to do stuff differently and making it more efficient I have created more work to be done for the supporting software, it made sense to try to improve the wallet but I am understanding why so many have done pure clones unlike Blakecoin  Undecided

Please don't expect your favorite software for other coins to work with Blakecoin without checking the source code as most stuff checked so far is not compatible without some changes  Shocked

Blakecoin is as different from Bitcoin and Litecoin than Litecoin was to Bitcoin when it was first released (hope that made sense to everyone?)
legendary
Did not work

C:\vangen>vanitygen -X26 -i Bmogrith

Gave me BmoGriTHTGizCHqJH5hPgUJiPERxTu51uG and the key tried to use it and got this

14:26:12

Invalid private key (code -5)
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
What is the net byte code for blake coin. I'd like to try making some vanity addresses.

That would be cool.

I believe it is 26 (see base58.h), but it would be best to wait until bluedragon747 confirms it.

26 for the main net

I also have a pool under test not found any blocks yet as it is only working with the cpu miner (stratum), I am currently working on the stratum proxy so the FPGA and GPU can use the pool and I still need to do a lot of testing before I can release it but working hard to get it done for this weekend

Note to pool operators: no early code for anyone please wait until I have finished testing the code, it will go on Github when I am happy with it.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
What is the net byte code for blake coin. I'd like to try making some vanity addresses.

That would be cool.

I believe it is 26 (see base58.h), but it would be best to wait until bluedragon747 confirms it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing

That would be cool.
legendary
legendary

09:36:17

getdifficulty

09:36:17

I have a slower 7770 but still finding a block in ~12Hrs
Activity: 459
GPU 4.35GH/s, shares: 98094|4|98090, stale 100%, GPU errors: 0%, ~2.5847e+006 kH/s, 163002s
4 blocks with 2 7970 for 45h and 15m

my blakecoin.conf
protocol blakecoin

cpu_mining_threads 0
gpu_thread_concurrency 24576
worksize 256
vectors 1
aggression 27
threads_per_gpu 2
sharethreads 32
lookup_gap 2
Yeah, it's definitely getting harder to find a block.  From 3:30am to 8:30am, I found nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
24 GH/s seems to be averaging 1.3 blocks per hour.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Sometimes the wallet go to another chain (even with like 30 connected peers) and all found blocks get orphaned.
The only way to fix that is to restart the wallet.
Never have this kind of problem with other coins.

Does this issues is known ?

By the way: great job with blakecoin, I really enjoy the work which is done here Smiley
I'm throwing 15GH/s at it and getting an average of 1 - 2 blocks and hour.  Oddly, between 8 - 9am every morning I get the most blocks.

My friends ( aka CryptoNewbs ) have various GPUs from 5xxx to 7xxx and are excited to find a couple of blocks a day.  It will be nice to eventually have BLC on an exchange for them to trade.

Go BLC!
3 blocks in 24 hours, guess it's ok for the 5870. A mining pool would really help...lol
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Friendly reminder, when mining, you can get great stability with higher clockrates than you can with Litecoin/other Scrypt coins. Bump up that core +10% or +15% if you card can handle it, and bring down the memory clock to save electricity. For now, the higher hash rate is likely better (as coins are very cheap right now as far as computing power goes) but as time wears on, remember to reset to default clocks and undervolt if you are able to to conserve power and pay less per GH.

On another, similar note, difficulty seems to be scaling nicely. Smiley Has anyone else noticed that it tends to pick up particular values though?
legendary
Got a block after 9 hrs aaannnnndddd it's an orphan  Cry

Got a new 11hrs later we'll see
Activity: 138
After another 24000 shares I got 2 blocks, 1 in 12000 shares at a difficulty between 2000 and 5000.
CPU load was 2%, GPU load was 99%.

We really need a pool, solo mining sucks.
So, is this the mining pool that is being worked on?

http://blc.coinmine.pl/index.php
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Ok, sounds great. Are you still developing the Quark miner also?
Yes, Smelter is in the work. With current rate and approaching end of Quark generation there is no much sense to improve Quark kernel, next release will come with minor kernel tweaks, reduced royalty rate and improved (I hope) host code. I'm hunting for Primecoin and want everything to be ready for release when that thing finally start work Smiley
Back to the topic - Blakecoin will not be put into Smelter or be included sometime very, very later w/o mining royalty. Potential conflict of interest and lack of time Sad

XPM needs a good miner. Guess the problem with it is sieving is too fast with the current one. Blakecoin really needs a mining pool to offset the high diff, then mining will be better then solo. You might as well include Blakecoin with Smelter, just put an announcement that it has royalty fees in it.

yp - pool will help the coin. That's interesting: usually first pool appears faster than gpu\fpga miner for new hashing algorithms (correct me if I'm wrong  Smiley )
Jump to: